Will Saban leave Alabama?
Last night we were discussing a rumor, Saban leaving Alabama for the University of Texas. My first inclination was why would he leave such a good situation? Then I remembered, this is Saban. These are a few things that came up in the conversation. I'm wondering if any of you think Saban would make a move like this.
1. Saban is better suited for turning programs around than hanging around for a sustained tenure.
2. Texas has the #1 recruiting class this year.
3. Saban can now command even more money, and Texas will pay it.
4. The Longhorn network will have Saban on TV 24/7.
5. College football needs balance for the dominate SEC.
6. Saban's ego is big enough to attempt 3 different National Championships with 3 different schools.
7. Saban has a track record for leaving a school/team regardless of winning a NC.
8. Saban tends to burn out relationships with his strong personality and needs to move on every 4 years or so.
Is he so entrenched in Alabama that he wouldn't take another coaching position?