I don't hate BR, but it does have a stale feel to it, akin to time travelling back a quarter of a century.
When there, what stands out to me is:
1. it's the land of orange cones, barricades and aggressive drivers;
2. the division by race;
3. it's still closed on Sundays;
4. it's not pedestrian friendly;
5. it doesn't capitalize (amenities-wise) on its many natural resources;
6. it has some beautiful parkland that very few use;
7, the isolation of the Capitol Complex is not conducive to political involvement of the populace; and
8. it has yet to embrace breakfast tacos as a staple.
...but I'm pulling for you guys.