OK, I'm going to give the long report of this now that I'm behind a laptop and not on my blessed phone....
1. Sirius facilities are quite nice. 36th and 37th floor of a very tall building in Manhattan. There was a Taylor Swift town hall before us, so we had to wait a few minutes for the 14 year old girl crowd to clear out. We were treated excellently by the Sirius staff - those guys know how to put on an event. I'll post the few pics I took if I get a chance and can get them off my phone in something less that an hour.
2. Roger Goodell - this man is a pure PR
machine. He exudes a personality that makes you want to like him. Frankly, if I didn't know what I know about him, I probably would have fallen for it. But it's easy to see why the media fawns all over him. The fact that he presents himself the way he does is either maniacal genius or borderline sociopath.
3. Michael Strahan - for a dude that has been out of the league for 5 years, this guy is in great shape. Looks like he could strap on the pads and go out and sack somebody even today. Not as big as I thought. Plenty tall, but not as buff on top as you would think a future HOF D lineman would be. Dude has a great personality and is funny as heck. I genuinely like the dude.
4. The questions - I was surprised they let me ask the question about the bounty evidence. However, I wasn't surprised at Roger's answer. He basically said that "we've been up front all along with the evidence (vomit), and we've put everything out there that we have (why the need for 5 sealed documents in court then Rog??). The part that frustrated me the most was the fact that I couldn't respond to his response with one of my own. One point of note: I referred to Bountygate as "the Saints pay for performance situation", in his answer he referred to it as "the pay for performance/bounty situation". It's clear he recognizes no line between the two.
5. The picture. During the event, I wore my white Deuce 26 jersey. Underneath I had a black "FREE SEAN PAYTON" T shirt on. I didn't want to risk any reactions to the shirt before or during the broadcast (there was NFL security EVERYWHERE). So, after the broadcast, I removed the jersey and put it in my bag. They gave us each footballs that Goodell signed for us. I held my football over the FSP part of the shirt until I got right next to Goodell. We made chit chat for a minute then posed for the picture. At that time I lowered the football to my waist to fully expose the FREE SEAN PAYTON message on the shirt. They took two pictures of us together like that. I'm due to get it in 3-4 weeks, I'm not convinced it will show up. Either that or I'll probably get fined or suspended for a few games for conduct detrimental or other BS
Obviously if/when the picture shows up, I will post it on here for all to see. It will most likely be my new avatar.
Let me know if you have any other questions....I'm off to listen to the recording of it to make sure I didn't sound like pre-therapy King George during my question.