View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #39
St. Widge
Besmirching You

St. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club Member
St. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt. Widge Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Payton is loyal to a fault. As a fan, I want what is best for the team. Even if it means being brutally honest. Will Smith and Jonathan Vilma are NOT VIABLE ANYMORE! Neither player is anywhere near being a proficient defender at this point in their careers. They are taking up a ton of cap space and not to mention 2 very valuable roster spots that could be had by two other cheaper and younger counterparts. Ask yourself this question: Are we better with them than we are without them? In my mind at least, our defense would probably perform about the same. So, why don't we save some money and some space on the roster?
What is it in your background that makes you a better evaluator of NFL talent than Payton, Loomis, Ryan, and the rest of the coaches that have watched Will Smith and Jon Vilma on the field and in the locker room for many years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatfever View Post
My opinion isn't worth very much anyway.
St. Widge is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 9 members found this post helpful.