View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 01:14 PM   #11
ArchieWho64
Rookie

ArchieWho64 is a BEAST!ArchieWho64 is a BEAST!ArchieWho64 is a BEAST!ArchieWho64 is a BEAST!ArchieWho64 is a BEAST!ArchieWho64 is a BEAST!ArchieWho64 is a BEAST!ArchieWho64 is a BEAST!ArchieWho64 is a BEAST!ArchieWho64 is a BEAST!ArchieWho64 is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcc View Post
...that the New Orleans Saints have a formidable defense.

I can understand some taking a "Wait and See" approach. That's cool. But we've seen a tremendous jump in coaching AND overall play by the defense. There are areas where we can get better, but there does not seem to be any area on the defense where we are weak.

I guess a few talking heads will write it off as a fluke.

Can't wait to watch our team dominate all 3 phases of this MNF game!

Who Dat !!!

Completely agree. On point as well. Truth is this Defense can and will improve in the coming games. Yes, too early to tell. However, compared to years past, this Defense IS IN FACT IMPROVED from last years squad.
Preseason showing was a sign of things to come. With that being said, I'm sure DA hasn't shown his hand of what teams can expect of this defense.
Just like the teams run vanilla offense during the preseason, I'm sure the defense ran the same vanilla packages, no game planning per say.

Perhaps we will have a better assessment of this years team mid season, touché yes, but the schedule for the first 4 games is rough, and this early challenge will define this years team. Either we will be respected or disrespected. The Defense has so much speed and discipline from what we have seen thus far, and that in its self is the exciting part.

Offense, not a big concern, however the JELL of new personnel. Seems, with all the resting in the preseason is what has me concerned. Again, you cant do everything you want in 4 games that don't count. Health and a few breaks, this team will compete for the division and perhaps the conference. One game at time, and if the saints can manage a 4-0 start, I believe it could be 09 again in 2017.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.