home
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Collegiate Sports Board

Google Ads
Latest Poll
It's been reported that Graham is looking for $12 mill/yr. You are Loomis, what would you do?
Give him the 12 mill per year
Give him Gronkowski money plus a little bit
Franchise tag him as a TE
Franchise tag him as a WR
Franchise tag him and try to trade him
Let him walk
Sponsored Ads

Old 01-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
All-Pro

swordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popular
is Alabama being ranked #1 in the AP a sham?

considering LSU beat Alabama at Alabama, and Alabama beat LSU on a neutral field?

I would thought this was guaranteed to be a split title and probably should have been.
swordstrike is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 12 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Hall-of-Famer

TechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
TechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordstrike View Post
considering LSU beat Alabama at Alabama, and Alabama beat LSU on a neutral field?

I would thought this was guaranteed to be a split title and probably should have been.
Did you WATCH that game Monday night?

LSU squeaked by Bama in OT in a game in which neither team really proved to be better than the other. Alabama came to Louisiana and absolutely dominated LSU in every way imaginable. There is no reason to split that title.

If Bama would have won 6-3 or 9-6 or something, then maybe. But they held LSU to 92 yards and 0 points. LSU deserves every bit of 2nd place.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
All-Pro

swordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popularswordstrike is becoming pretty popular
Yeah but it was a revenge game and the 2nd meeting.

LSU can make the claim they beat everyone on their schedule to.

I think some points is earned for winning in Alabama than Alabama winning on neutral field.
swordstrike is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
Hall-of-Famer

TechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
TechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Sure, they earned some points and 1 first place vote.

It's not a sham, though. They don't deserve any #1 ranking after playing like that in the National Championship game. They didn't cross the 50 yard line until the 4th quarter.

The field doesn't matter when you play that crappy.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #5
Hall-of-Famer

stevedrum has disabled reputation
Seeing as how the AP poll means absolutely nothing does it really matter?
stevedrum is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

detmut is marching in
detmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching indetmut is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrum View Post
Seeing as how the AP poll means absolutely nothing does it really matter?
agreed. every bcs team should disavow the ap.
detmut is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #7
Super Forum Fanatic

VVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to behold
VVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechDawg09 View Post
Sure, they earned some points and 1 first place vote.

It's not a sham, though. They don't deserve any #1 ranking after playing like that in the National Championship game. They didn't cross the 50 yard line until the 4th quarter.

The field doesn't matter when you play that crappy.
What's a sham is that OSU earned more first place votes than LSU. LSU woulda killed them!

Alabama is the undisputed national champions given the system we elected to use.

But yet, I still feel like that patriots team that went undefeated throughout the entire year merely to lose to the giants in the super bowl after beating them just a few weeks before. There's an argument to be made for the Patriots, but with the system we have... timing is everything.

We have more victories than they do, we won our division, we won the SEC, we beat them at their house, we have the much more impressive SOS, but they have the national title.

But they don't have a Division or Conference Championship... so at least we get a consolation prize. Dem's da breaks, kid!

And the rest of the world FINALLY saw the SEC champion not win the national championship... but even more scary, another SEC team did.
VVextreme is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #8
uh, no.

FFSaint is a BEAST!FFSaint is a BEAST!FFSaint is a BEAST!FFSaint is a BEAST!FFSaint is a BEAST!FFSaint is a BEAST!FFSaint is a BEAST!FFSaint is a BEAST!FFSaint is a BEAST!FFSaint is a BEAST!FFSaint is a BEAST!FFSaint is a BEAST!
If the college regular season is a playoff, didn't Alabama get knocked out of the playoffs in November? Only in the NCAA can you be awarded an opportunity at a national championship game without winning your conference or your division.
FFSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #9
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

LonghornSaint has a spectacular aura aboutLonghornSaint has a spectacular aura aboutLonghornSaint has a spectacular aura aboutLonghornSaint has a spectacular aura aboutLonghornSaint has a spectacular aura aboutLonghornSaint has a spectacular aura aboutLonghornSaint has a spectacular aura aboutLonghornSaint has a spectacular aura aboutLonghornSaint has a spectacular aura aboutLonghornSaint has a spectacular aura aboutLonghornSaint has a spectacular aura aboutLonghornSaint has a spectacular aura aboutLonghornSaint has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVextreme View Post
What's a sham is that OSU earned more first place votes than LSU. LSU woulda killed them!

Alabama is the undisputed national champions given the system we elected to use.

But yet, I still feel like that patriots team that went undefeated throughout the entire year merely to lose to the giants in the super bowl after beating them just a few weeks before. There's an argument to be made for the Patriots, but with the system we have... timing is everything.

We have more victories than they do, we won our division, we won the SEC, we beat them at their house, we have the much more impressive SOS, but they have the national title.

But they don't have a Division or Conference Championship... so at least we get a consolation prize. Dem's da breaks, kid!

And the rest of the world FINALLY saw the SEC champion not win the national championship... but even more scary, another SEC team did.

2 points:
a) This is exactly what I hoped would NOT happen - I was pulling for LSU, not only for my friends who went there, but to avoid this nonsense.

b) OSU would eventually have put points on the board. After watching that game, I'm not convinced LSU could ever have matched that.

IMO, OSU would win that matchup, but it never happened so we'll never know. Bama dominated and deserves the title, respect, and all that comes with it.

LS

...and you know, these people are talking to you "blahblahblahblah"...something's going to go wrong, and you want to choke them out. - Bas Rutten
LonghornSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #10
Iron Era Origional

Location: Seattle by way of DFW, Nacogdoches, Houston, Mandeville, Morgan City, and originating in Baton Rouge
Crzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Crzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerCrzycjunx76 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:

The AP is a sham, it has no meaning... even if the AP "title" had been awarded to LSU I would have not considered it valid because LSU along with every other team knew the rules to determine a champion coming in to the season, and agreed to them.

Bama is the National Champion, now we have to unseat them. I for one look forward to September 1, 2012, there is a good chance I will be flying in from Seattle to catch the game in fact.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #11
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Saintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to all
Saintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to allSaintree River is a name known to all
Quote:

I am an LSU fan and alumni. I thought about this before the game. The rematch seemed a little unfair to LSU in my opinion due to the psychology involved and if it was close I thought there might be case for a split. However, after watching the game I feel fortunate that LSU was not ranked 3rd or 4th in the AP. LSU cannot lose a game like that and make any case for a championship. Alabama wanted it and they took it. Miles dropped the proverbial ball big time and should probably be on the hot seat after such a lapse on the biggest of stages. But that's another can of worms. In short, the AP doesn't matter and even if it did, LSU should not be 1st.
Saintree River is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #12
MLU
Secular Humanist

MLU has disabled reputation
Quote:
Yeah but it was a revenge game and the 2nd meeting.

LSU can make the claim they beat everyone on their schedule to.

I think some points is earned for winning in Alabama than Alabama winning on neutral field.
Get the **** out of here with that ****. LSU lost by three TDs in the game that counted. I would call for the head of any LSU official who accepted any award naming LSU the #1 ranked team after that game. I'm not sure that I'd even rank them #2.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies. ~ Nietzsche
MLU is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2012, 02:23 AM   #13
Subscribing Member

krushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Club
krushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Club
When NY Giants defeated the NE Patriots in the super bowl, NE still finished with a much better record. Should the Giants have split the title with the pats?...of course not. It does not matter how you make it to the BCS championship game. That game is for all the marbles. It was a complete sham when USC tried to claim half the title from LSU and it would be a equal sham for LSU to claim it this year.
krushing is online now Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2012, 02:30 AM   #14
GEAUX SAINTS & TIGERS!

Vrill is a name known to allVrill is a name known to all
Vrill is a name known to allVrill is a name known to allVrill is a name known to allVrill is a name known to allVrill is a name known to allVrill is a name known to allVrill is a name known to allVrill is a name known to allVrill is a name known to allVrill is a name known to allVrill is a name known to allVrill is a name known to all
Who cares, Bama won. They kicked LSU's ***. They are National Champs. Lets move on and think about next year.