New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Collegiate Sports Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 12-05-2011, 04:05 AM   #29
GEAUX SAINTS & TIGERS!

Vrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to behold
Vrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to behold
Im happy for the rematch. If we beat Alabama twice in the same season, it'll be beyond epic.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:20 AM   #30
GEAUX SAINTS & TIGERS!

Vrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to behold
Vrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to beholdVrill is a splendid one to behold
Anyone want to predict the over/under on the game? Im gonna say 31.

I think we'll see 2-3 TDs (combined) in the game. It'll be a 17-14 kind of game this time.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #31
SR is my life!

Joseph Guidry is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Joseph Guidry is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I thought OSU earned their shot, but we'll just have to beat Bama again now. I don't think Bama should have been given another shot to beat LSU in the same season. The only way to preserve the integrity of the SEC championship is for LSU to beat Bama again, or else a team they already beat in order to win the conference championship would win the national championship over them. That's absurd. I won't lie; I wanted to play OSU b/c I knew we would destroy them. I watched that OU game, and I saw nothing that made me fear them. But when you put their accomplishments up against Alabama's--a lot more wins over top 25 teams and a conference championship--you can't deny that they had a very valid case to be #2. I do think the Tigers can beat Bama again. We have a semi-homefield advantage, a ton of confidence, the Honey Badger back to taking what he wants, a more experienced Jefferson, and a master HC at prepping his team for bowls. There's also the hunger of this year's Tigers--I think this team simply refuses to be denied. Anytime a game has been in doubt, they have turned the level of play up and slammed the door on the opponent. Just 1 more win, baby. Geaux Tigers!
Joseph Guidry is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #32
Super Moderator

Location: Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans (Algiers), LA
primadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Club
primadox 40K Burger Clubprimadox 40K Burger Club
If every game counts, LSU should already be a national champion

By Jon Solomon -- The Birmingham News

snip from the article:

Quote:
Alabama lost to LSU in Tuscaloosa on Nov. 5. You can bring up how Alabama gained more yards than LSU, or how the Crimson Tide's kicking game went awry, or how the refs blew an interception in LSU's favor (no, they didn't).

Bottom line: LSU beat Alabama.

That doesn't preclude Alabama from having another shot in New Orleans. But it shouldn't make Jan. 9 more important than the teams' entire body of work. It shouldn't make us forget that we didn't watch this game once before.
entire article: If every game counts, LSU should already be a national champion | al.com

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #33
Hall-of-Famer

TechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
TechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTechDawg09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by primadox View Post
If every game counts, LSU should already be a national champion

By Jon Solomon -- The Birmingham News

snip from the article:

entire article: If every game counts, LSU should already be a national champion | al.com
The postseason matters more than the regular season. This is a 1 game playoff to determine the national champion. That said, it's still only the 2nd worst way to determine a national champion. (The worst being a purely subjective vote, which seems to be what the author of that article likes.)

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #34
Still P***ed at Yoko

Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Guidry View Post

I thought OSU earned their shot, but we'll just have to beat Bama again now.

this x 1000.

if the situation were reversed and Bama was in our shoes, they'd still be :crying: about how they shouldn't have to play us again.. We're not Bama.. So we just have to go out and take care of business one more time, as it seems we've been asked to do for every one of the 13 weeks we've played, just continue to have to prove ourselves over and over, and over again.
Mr. Blue Sky is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #35
Hall-of-Famer

stevedrum has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
this x 1000.

if the situation were reversed and Bama was in our shoes, they'd still be :crying: about how they shouldn't have to play us again.. We're not Bama.. So we just have to go out and take care of business one more time, as it seems we've been asked to do for every one of the 13 weeks we've played, just continue to have to prove ourselves over and over, and over again.
Maybe you should go back a read this thread again because it's nothing but LSU fans crying about having to play Bama again. Funny thing how blind people are when it comes to their own team. I've said time and time again I don't like the situation because IF Bama should win they will never get recognized as the true champion and that would be fair if I'm being totally honest.
stevedrum is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #36
Hall-of-Famer

coldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saint
coldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saint
For everyone that wants a playoff (and that includes me), the likely outcome would have been a rematch between LSU & Alabama. Granted, you would have given OSU and Stanford a chance to play it out on the field, but this would have been a very real and likely possibility.

So honestly, as an LSU fan, it doesn't matter to me. As a fan, I take the attitude my team has taken all year, we'll play anybody, anywhere, for any reason and beat them. So let's just go out and beat bama again, this time more convincingly.

Geaux Tigers.
coldseat is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #37

Tail Gator is on a distinguished roadTail Gator is on a distinguished roadTail Gator is on a distinguished roadTail Gator is on a distinguished road

IT'S NOT FAIR!
Tail Gator is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #38
Still P***ed at Yoko

Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Mr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger ClubMr. Blue Sky 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintlady View Post

Should be exciting!!

Well, stevedrum? Let's hear your best smack...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteros77 View Post

I don't agree with this. Oh well. Time to whip the **** out of Bama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLU View Post

Be honest: this has been a long time coming. For half a decade other the college football conferences have not provided a sufficient enough challenge to the contender presented by the SEC. The BCS is just doing in 2011 what it should have been done a long time ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVextreme View Post

I hear what you're saying, but as an avid LSU fan who's not happy about this either, I can't argue with the results.

I have no question that you are the second best team in the country. The system was designed for #1 versus #2. You're #2.

Does anyone really think OSU would beat Bama in a head-to-head?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail Gator View Post

The BCS got it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lforet2002 View Post

Not this LSU fan...I'm like the Honey Badger I don't give a ...... who they play..

doesn't seem like much crying to me, stevedrum

it is, indeed, funny how some people like yourself can see what you want to see.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #39
Still P***ed at Yoko

and by the way-- complaining about how screwed up the system is while still acknowledging that the only thing left to do is go out and beat Bama again, are not mutually exclusive concepts.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #40
Hall-of-Famer

stevedrum has disabled reputation
Really? 6 posts out of a 3 page thread that's your proof?
stevedrum is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #41
Super Forum Fanatic

Brown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Brown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
The pressure is on Saban.

Miles has already shown he can beat Saban and with consistency and on both fields.

Saban has all the world on his shoulder. Everyone knows LSU deserves the spot. The question is whether Saban deserves it. Saban has the task of proving to everyone that he deserves to be there over Oklahoma State.

If Saban fails, it will be obvious that he's not who everyone thought he was. He is not a miracle worker.
If Saban wins, he can say he beat LSU once in the past 3 meetings.

www.christmasjars.com
Brown is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #42
Veteran Starter

SAINTFAN25 will become famous soon enoughSAINTFAN25 will become famous soon enoughSAINTFAN25 will become famous soon enoughSAINTFAN25 will become famous soon enoughSAINTFAN25 will become famous soon enoughSAINTFAN25 will become famous soon enoughSAINTFAN25 will become famous soon enoughSAINTFAN25 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post
The pressure is on Saban.

Miles has already shown he can beat Saban and with consistency and on both fields.

Saban has all the world on his shoulder. Everyone knows LSU deserves the spot. The question is whether Saban deserves it. Saban has the task of proving to everyone that he deserves to be there over Oklahoma State.

If Saban fails, it will be obvious that he's not who everyone thought he was. He is not a miracle worker.
If Saban wins, he can say he beat LSU once in the past 3 meetings.
If Saban wins he will hoist the crystal trophy and be BCS champ, i don't see any downside to that.
SAINTFAN25 is offline Reply With Quote