Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Old 02-17-2012, 03:09 AM   #1

Tail Gator is on a distinguished roadTail Gator is on a distinguished roadTail Gator is on a distinguished roadTail Gator is on a distinguished road
LSU Spring Game

Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me out with the LSU Spring Game. I'm new to the area and I have tried to do some research online but the info is hard to find.

My understanding is the Spring Game will be March 31. I have never seen SEC football in person but I figured this would give me a taste for a reasonable price.

What is the cost to get a cheap ticket? Can I buy tickets now online? Is parking reasonable or can anyone point me in the direction of some reasonable parking prices? I know this may be stupid but do you guys tail gate for the Spring Game?

I'm not trying to be cheap but I'm not an LSU fan so I don't want to spend a bunch of money. Maybe I could meet some of you guys there, that would be cool. Thanks in advance.
Tail Gator is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
Super Forum Fanatic

jbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saint
jbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saint
Here is the complete Spring schedule. Not sure about access or tickets:

2012 LSU Football - updated Spring Practice dates

Spring Practice:

Week 1: March 1, 2, 3

Week 2: March 6, 8, 10

Week 3: March 13, 15, 17

Week 4: March 20, 22, 24

Week 5: March 27, 29, 31

Other Dates of Interest:

LSU Pro Day: Monday, March 19 at 11 a.m. (Indoor Facility)

LSU Football Coaches Clinic: March 22-24 (LSU Football Operations Building)

LSU National L-Club Spring Game: Saturday, March 31 at 12:30 p.m. (Tiger Stadium)

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #3
Super Forum Fanatic

VVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to behold
VVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail Gator View Post
Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me out with the LSU Spring Game. I'm new to the area and I have tried to do some research online but the info is hard to find.

My understanding is the Spring Game will be March 31. I have never seen SEC football in person but I figured this would give me a taste for a reasonable price.

What is the cost to get a cheap ticket? Can I buy tickets now online? Is parking reasonable or can anyone point me in the direction of some reasonable parking prices? I know this may be stupid but do you guys tail gate for the Spring Game?

I'm not trying to be cheap but I'm not an LSU fan so I don't want to spend a bunch of money. Maybe I could meet some of you guys there, that would be cool. Thanks in advance.
I'm sure information will be coming out closer to the game time. I've never gone to a spring game myself. The Spring Game will be ok, but you won't really experience SEC football. The best thing about SEC Football is the atmosphere with over 90,000 screaming lunatics going absolutely crazy. You can't replace that energy of a real game.

But it's pretty darn cheap to go to Spring Games. I think you normally save some money with online purchases in advance. The stadium will not be full. I'm guessing it will be like 10 to 15 bucks maybe?

It's something to do on a weekend and will be interesting to see how Mettenberger does with the starting job finally on his shoulders. I think we're projected by many to be the #1 team in the country next year, so might be cool to check it out.
VVextreme is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2012, 01:02 AM   #4
Prepare to die

Pancakes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPancakes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPancakes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPancakes is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Pancakes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPancakes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPancakes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPancakes is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourque View Post
Here is the complete Spring schedule. Not sure about access or tickets:

2012 LSU Football - updated Spring Practice dates

Spring Practice:

Week 1: March 1, 2, 3

Week 2: March 6, 8, 10

Week 3: March 13, 15, 17

Week 4: March 20, 22, 24

Week 5: March 27, 29, 31

Other Dates of Interest:

LSU Pro Day: Monday, March 19 at 11 a.m. (Indoor Facility)

LSU Football Coaches Clinic: March 22-24 (LSU Football Operations Building)

LSU National L-Club Spring Game: Saturday, March 31 at 12:30 p.m. (Tiger Stadium)
Sorry. Tried to plus rep but hot the wrong button. Damn smart phones. Guess they don't make the user smarter. Great info.
Pancakes is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
MLU
Secular Humanist

MLU has disabled reputation
LSU fans tailgate for women's soccer scrimmages, so I'm sure there will be plenty of tailgating for the Purple/Gold game. It's nothing more than a glorified practice, though so don't expect too much. Mike's Habitat is probably the bigger draw and you'll get to wander freely around Tiger Stadium.

Last year Mettenberger hit Kadron Boone for a 65-yard bomb, but neither of those guys did anything this past season. Don't get too excited.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies. ~ Nietzsche
MLU is offline Reply With Quote