New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Collegiate Sports Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 09-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
All-Pro & Resident Ninja

Location: Houston, Tx, via Starkville, MS, via Bay St. Louis, MS, via New Orleans LA
msusaintsfan is a glorious beacon of lightmsusaintsfan is a glorious beacon of light
msusaintsfan is a glorious beacon of lightmsusaintsfan is a glorious beacon of lightmsusaintsfan is a glorious beacon of lightmsusaintsfan is a glorious beacon of light
LSU vs MSU

Well I already knew it was going to be a big old loss for MSU next week, but now it is going to be an angry LSU team.

LSU will takeout all their frustrations out on a hapless MSU team. IMHO after watching all the SEC teams today I will not be surprised for MSU to not win one SEC game this year.

I will also not be surprised if LSU hangs 60 plus on us next week. An early congrats on the bounce back next week Tigers.
msusaintsfan is online now Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
Every team's Elixor

BoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club Member
BoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Gold Club Member
No worries.

Dan Mullen will run a draw every third down. That'll help us keep up in a possible shoot out.
BoNcHiE is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
All-Pro

Da freak has disabled reputation
hopefully they do not come out flat. I hope they do come out with a chip on their shoulder. The defense needs to stiften up. They had no pass rush at all.
Da freak is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
Super Forum Fanatic

BIG DAWG has disabled reputation
Yea...look like my DAWGS gonna get spanked. My thing with Mullin is they run the ball to the right of the OLine and they pick up no yardage. You got a 1st team all American in #61 Gabe Jackson and you want run behind him. Gabe is a 1st round pick for sure but if you want run behind the massive LG you gonna lose majority of your games. I expect LSU to go up to Starkville and take all the frustration out on my DAWGS and they will be like a heat sinking missile running through every SEC team to get back to the SEC Championship game and getting another chance to beat UGA.
BIG DAWG is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
Super Forum Fanatic

VVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to behold
VVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to beholdVVextreme is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by msusaintsfan View Post
Well I already knew it was going to be a big old loss for MSU next week, but now it is going to be an angry LSU team.

LSU will takeout all their frustrations out on a hapless MSU team. IMHO after watching all the SEC teams today I will not be surprised for MSU to not win one SEC game this year.

I will also not be surprised if LSU hangs 60 plus on us next week. An early congrats on the bounce back next week Tigers.
I'm actually predicting a classic trap game scenario. I don't think ya'll will win, but am anticipating a horribly ugly and uninspiring game. LSU took a ton of viscious hits in the game, left everything out on the field. They are crushed emotionally after a tough SEC road loss. I think LSU will do just enough to win.
VVextreme is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
All-Pro & Resident Ninja

Location: Houston, Tx, via Starkville, MS, via Bay St. Louis, MS, via New Orleans LA
msusaintsfan is a glorious beacon of lightmsusaintsfan is a glorious beacon of light
msusaintsfan is a glorious beacon of lightmsusaintsfan is a glorious beacon of lightmsusaintsfan is a glorious beacon of lightmsusaintsfan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVextreme View Post
I'm actually predicting a classic trap game scenario. I don't think ya'll will win, but am anticipating a horribly ugly and uninspiring game. LSU took a ton of viscious hits in the game, left everything out on the field. They are crushed emotionally after a tough SEC road loss. I think LSU will do just enough to win.
Well that would be nice for us but we have beaten LSU once in like the last 20 years. LSU has owned us plain and simple. I could see LSU starting slow but finishing very strong.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #7
Subscribing Member

bclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Member
bclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNcHiE View Post
No worries.

Dan Mullen will run a draw every third down. That'll help us keep up in a possible shoot out.
Mullen is horrible. MSU is done. Im more concerned with Furman (sp?).

Wonder who will take the MSU job at the end of the season.
bclemms is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #8
All-Pro & Resident Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemms View Post
Mullen is horrible. MSU is done. Im more concerned with Furman (sp?).

Wonder who will take the MSU job at the end of the season.
No clue, but MSU needs to pony up some bucks to do it.

After the beatdown we will get this weekend (which is expected), the rest of the season could be very long.

Ole Miss in one year passed State in recruiting and is speeding away from us. The program is going backwards and this looks like it is going to be a 4-5 win season. This in turns helps crush us in recruiting as well.

MSU needs to do something. Mullen is not the answer.

Unlike a lot of MSU alumni, I am not satisfied with just reaching a Bowl game.....not reaching that high considering about half the schools make one. I wanna compete for the SEC which also mean National Championships as well....alas I will not hold my breath for any of that to happen at MSU.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
Subscribing Member

bclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Member
bclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
No clue, but MSU needs to pony up some bucks to do it.

After the beatdown we will get this weekend (which is expected), the rest of the season could be very long.

Ole Miss in one year passed State in recruiting and is speeding away from us. The program is going backwards and this looks like it is going to be a 4-5 win season. this in turns helps crush us in recruiting as well.

MSU needs to do something. Mullen is not the answer.

Unlike a lot of MSU alumni, I am not satisfied with just reaching a Bowl game.....not reaching that high considering about half the schools make one. I wanna compete for the SEC which also mean National Championships as well....alas I will not hold my breath for any of that to happen at MSU.
Ole Miss is in dangerous ground of repeating what MSU had happened to them last season at Alabama. Difference is Ole Miss left Tuscaloosa feeling like they physically matched up and they have a young core in place that leaves a lot of room for optimism. Bama beat MSU so bad last season they are still beating them.

Mullen took over a physical and mature team. They weren't overly talented but they could compete. Mullens recruits haven't been able to keep MSU competitive.

MSU would be crazy not to go after a guy like Petrino who doesn't need top level talent to win. They'd also be crazy not to offer a crazy contract to Gary Patterson. Only problem, the MSU job isn't attractive at all. Way too much competition for recruits, hard to get kids to come to Starkville, SEC West has so many good teams it is hard to get momentum going, terrible facilities compared to the rest of the SEC, smaller than average football budget and long history of coaches failing. The next problem is almost any coach that can build a good program at MSU will use the job as a stepping stone.

Outside of the very rare great college coach who stays loyal to a small program the best MSU can hope for is short term success and occasionally popping up and becoming competitive for a year or two.

I know MSU fans are probably going to red thumb this to death but it is the truth.
bclemms is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #10
All-Pro & Resident Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemms View Post
Ole Miss is in dangerous ground of repeating what MSU had happened to them last season at Alabama. Difference is Ole Miss left Tuscaloosa feeling like they physically matched up and they have a young core in place that leaves a lot of room for optimism. Bama beat MSU so bad last season they are still beating them.

Mullen took over a physical and mature team. They weren't overly talented but they could compete. Mullens recruits haven't been able to keep MSU competitive.

MSU would be crazy not to go after a guy like Petrino who doesn't need top level talent to win. They'd also be crazy not to offer a crazy contract to Gary Patterson. Only problem, the MSU job isn't attractive at all. Way too much competition for recruits, hard to get kids to come to Starkville, SEC West has so many good teams it is hard to get momentum going, terrible facilities compared to the rest of the SEC, smaller than average football budget and long history of coaches failing. The next problem is almost any coach that can build a good program at MSU will use the job as a stepping stone.

Outside of the very rare great college coach who stays loyal to a small program the best MSU can hope for is short term success and occasionally popping up and becoming competitive for a year or two.

I know MSU fans are probably going to red thumb this to death but it is the truth.
I don't totally disagree with you. The only thing is they did just upgrade their facilities which are really nice...not Oregon upgrades, but still nice.

Very hard to not get someone in to build up and then bolt. Honestly, I would love them to go after the Florida assistant I wanted them to in the beginning and go after Louisville HC Charlie Strong and get him back in the SEC. Petrino or Patterson wouldn't be bad options though.

I was at school during the heyday of Jackie Sherrill and our winning seasons. Jackie didn't finish the job and get us to the next level, but left a giant Cluster for us.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #11
MOSTHARDESTHITTINGSAFETY

BreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
BreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBreesusSaves is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I believe LSU will win, but how they win will determine if LSU is a one loss team or a 2-3 loss team.

If they come out on fire and kill MSU, then Bama and TAMU better start praying.

If they come out and barely sneak out a win over MSU, then imo the season might as well be over.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #12
Serious Fan

jbjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I was at school during the heyday of Jackie Sherrill and our winning seasons. Jackie didn't finish the job and get us to the next level, but left a giant Cluster for us.
You and I must have been here (as students, anyway) at the same time.

I'll be at the game tomorrow night. I'm not holding out much hope for this one, though. LSU just has our number, plain and simple. I don't have a lot of faith in our coaching staff at the moment, so all I can do is hope we don't lay down and embarrass ourselves (again).

-JB
jbjones is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #13
Subscribing Member

BIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club Member
BIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club MemberBIG E Prestigious Gold Club Member
There will be a tropical storm passing through Saturday night. I think that will play in MSU's favor. I'm wondering if they might not postpone the game.
BIG E is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #14
Serious Fan

jbjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
There will be a tropical storm passing through Saturday night. I think that will play in MSU's favor. I'm wondering if they might not postpone the game.
It won't be even close to Starkville Saturday night. Current forecasts have it still South/West of Venice, LA around game time.

I think our forecast here is patchy rain. The best chance of steady rain is well after game time. That was the latest from MSU's Meteorology dept.

-JB
jbjones is offline Reply With Quote