New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Collegiate Sports Board

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 11-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
Angler of the Year

FLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club Member
FLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club MemberFLIPPY Prestigious Gold Club Member
Is Vern Lundquist a senile old man....

He made bad stupid comments all night....The best was when Jefferson hit Shepard for that long pass just before half, what was his comment...?

"Intercepted"!!!!!!

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:29 AM   #2
They call me Boudreaux

saintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saint
saintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saintsaintsfanfl is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPY View Post
He made bad stupid comments all night....The best was when Jefferson hit Shepard for that long pass just before half, what was his comment...?

"Intercepted"!!!!!!
Yes he is. When I heard the word intercepted on that play, my head sunk, and the Bama fan at the party we had started jumping up and down. Then I looked up to see it was caught, turned to another buddy and said "Lundquist is senile"

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
WHODAT

billinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Member
billinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbillinms Prestigious Gold Club Member
Give Vern a break, he's like 112.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheFalconFan View Post
For us Falcons Fans it reminds us of when Joe Montana used to shred our defense when you march out Brees.
billinms is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
Flying a perfect Figure 9

Bill is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBill is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBill is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBill is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Bill is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBill is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBill is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBill is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBill is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBill is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBill is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBill is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBill is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBill is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBill is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBill is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBill is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBill is an Sr.com Hall of Famer

Awards Showcase
Predict the Score Winner 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Is Vern Lundquist a senile old man
No.

Senile folks are still big LSU fans.

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
Super Forum Fanatic

Brown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Brown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
He is as senile as he is pretty.

www.christmasjars.com
Brown is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #6
SR is my life!

El Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger Club
El Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger Club
Last night I went to the northshore and watched the game with his nephew (apparently he (Vern) has a sister that lives here in Louisiana). Somebody made a joke about that call, and he admitted that his uncle was crazy.
El Caliente is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #7
Fleur-de-lis underwear

Location: Helotes, TX via Lafayette, NOLA, Australia, Japan, Florida, Colorado
melman is an Sr.com Hall of Famermelman is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
melman is an Sr.com Hall of Famermelman is an Sr.com Hall of Famermelman is an Sr.com Hall of Famermelman is an Sr.com Hall of Famermelman is an Sr.com Hall of Famermelman is an Sr.com Hall of Famermelman is an Sr.com Hall of Famermelman is an Sr.com Hall of Famermelman is an Sr.com Hall of Famermelman is an Sr.com Hall of Famermelman is an Sr.com Hall of Famermelman is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I been hearing his senile comments all this year...love the guy but it's time to claim his bar stool and enjoy life...
melman is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
2015 Super Bowl!

TXSAINTFAN is a true SaintTXSAINTFAN is a true Saint
TXSAINTFAN is a true SaintTXSAINTFAN is a true SaintTXSAINTFAN is a true SaintTXSAINTFAN is a true SaintTXSAINTFAN is a true SaintTXSAINTFAN is a true SaintTXSAINTFAN is a true SaintTXSAINTFAN is a true SaintTXSAINTFAN is a true Saint
I kinda feel bad for Vern. He's probably fun to hang out with but man, he's certainly not on his game in the booth.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #9
you must chill

Location: Metairie- Mandeville (MHS) - Uptown - Alexandria VA
superchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Member
superchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Member

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Community Service Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:

"Intercepted"!!!!!!
To be fair to Verne, Danielson isn't much better. (In fact, I thought it was Gary that said that).

They both were saying stupid things all night.
superchuck500 is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #10
SR is my life!

El Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger Club
El Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger Club
I enjoy them more than most other broadcasting teams. They aren't the smartest, prettiest, or spot on, but they are fun.

I guess now I know what fans of WWL feel like.
El Caliente is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #11
Team Gleason

Mojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger Club
Mojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger ClubMojomajik9 50K Burger Club
He misses his Tebow. I've never heard an announcer drool over a player like Verne did Tebow. It was embarrassing.
Mojomajik9 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #12
Subscribing Member

socbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saint
socbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saint
I hate that pair. As annoying as they come.
socbe7 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
MLU
Secular Humanist

MLU has disabled reputation
No one is perfect. I see threads started on every announcer, so I just never get the hate for these two. Every team's fans think they're biased against them, which I find pretty damn funny. What I like about Lundquist is that he's one of the few that actually take the time and effort to learn the correct pronunciations of LSU players' names.

Just like Jim Hawthorne and his mistakes, one day they will not be calling these games and it will take some time to adjust because they have been doing it for so long. The world will not be a better place without that old coot...

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies. ~ Nietzsche
MLU is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #14
Most excellent!

THENZA is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
THENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTHENZA is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLU View Post
No one is perfect. I see threads started on every announcer, so I just never get the hate for these two. Every team's fans think they're biased against them, which I find pretty damn funny. What I like about Lundquist is that he's one of the few that actually take the time and effort to learn the correct pronunciations of LSU players' names.

Just like Jim Hawthorne and his mistakes, one day they will not be calling these games and it will take some time to adjust because they have been doing it for so long. The world will not be a better place without that old coot...
I agree.
Ever watch the NFL on CBS?
That network presents sports like its the news. Their announcers are very professional (i.e. boring and cold.)
Give me WWL or a guy like Hawthorne any day.
Make the game fun.
Some of you people complain just for the sake of complaining, I think.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.