New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 02-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #57
Subscribing Member

JackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger Club
JackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger ClubJackDiesel 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFALCONS10 View Post
And how come Devin Taylor's best year was without Clowney in 2010?

Taylor Has showed elite movement skills for a prospect his size at the shrine game and I think that he could play 3-4 linebacker better than Jordan Could. He definitely showcased a much better punch controlling tackles than anything that I've ever seen from Jordan. For a team that gives up over 5.2 yards a carry on the ground I can't see how Jordan can even be in serious consideration for a 3-4 team at his height and weight.

But hey, people here love finesse players.
Don't know that was 2 years ago, wasn't paying attention to him. How come he couldn't do that since? I've seen more people talking about him being a strongside end than I ever have 3-4 OLB. NFP has an article how he's overrated, walterfootball thinks he might be asked to pack on more weight to be a 3-4 DE. I know you got your guys but other than maybe a run down only 3-4 OLB I'm just not seeing it with Taylor.

What you mean you can't see how Jordan can't be in consideration for a 3-4 team? 6'6'' 250 is pretty prototypical for a 3-4 OLB. He's an every down player with great potential. He's explosive to rush the passer, he has the height and athleticism to match up against the top TE's, and he's added weight to be more effective in run defense. When you're changing your defensive front he's exactly the kind of player you look for.
JackDiesel is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #58
Super Forum Fanatic

CantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
CantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCantonLegend is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo View Post
I hope he is available and will be very happy if he is the choice. Even DJ Fluker. It makes a lot of draft sense to use your first on an offensive tackle, even for a right tackle.

For once, I think we can count the days of Strief as a starter, and also, we are on our best when we use 3 tackles in our elephant line, using the tackle as an extra tight end.

I do think, at this point that Johnson and Fluker are a safer bet then Mingo, Jones, Jordan, or the available corners.
i didnt like fluker at the combine but johnson looked real good

you are right in that its much safer to take a tackle in the first round than it is to take another positional player

tackles are easy to judge. you can either block or you cant. its hard to miss on a tackle that is clearly a first round guy. once you get later into the draft its a little more difficult to judge and tackle isnt a position you can really toy around with

if we absolutely have to hit with this pick.....then we either gotta hope someone falls a lot, or we take a tackle
CantonLegend is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #59
Hall-of-Famer

Cougar 1 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyze This View Post
He said this during his on field drills, not after his 40. Sorry, that I failed to provide the details of his comments.

Maycock referenced:
  • his performance at the East-West Shrine game
  • practices at the Sr. Bowl
  • and today’s performance
He said that he jumped on the scene after his East-West performance but some questioned his tape due to the level of competition. BUT after the Sr. Bowl and his performance today no one will question if he can compete with the “higher level” athletes.
NFLDraftScout.com also had him rated as the #10 OT prospect and a #3 draft pick prior to todays Combine. Needless to say, the folks over there were in "We told you so" mode after his performance today.

6'5", 306, a 4.65 forty AND 31 reps on the bench......

Dayum!
Cougar 1 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #60
Numbers Never Lie

Analyze This is a jewel in the rough
Analyze This is a jewel in the roughAnalyze This is a jewel in the roughAnalyze This is a jewel in the roughAnalyze This is a jewel in the roughAnalyze This is a jewel in the roughAnalyze This is a jewel in the roughAnalyze This is a jewel in the roughAnalyze This is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by duhonmark551 View Post
Lane Johnson is a fast athlete OL, and was good in the practice drills, very fluid movement. He is the same grade as Joeckel IMO.

I didn't see Eric Fisher, he must have skipped out.

If Johnson is there at 15 then he surely should be considered. He is also good trade bait if he slips to us.
Fisher was in the first group; he had a good day.
Analyze This is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #61
Visible minority

guillermo 40K Burger Clubguillermo 40K Burger Clubguillermo 40K Burger Clubguillermo 40K Burger Club
guillermo 40K Burger Clubguillermo 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
i didnt like fluker at the combine but johnson looked real good

you are right in that its much safer to take a tackle in the first round than it is to take another positional player

tackles are easy to judge. you can either block or you cant. its hard to miss on a tackle that is clearly a first round guy. once you get later into the draft its a little more difficult to judge and tackle isnt a position you can really toy around with

if we absolutely have to hit with this pick.....then we either gotta hope someone falls a lot, or we take a tackle
Another thing, having a starting tackle with the salary of the 15th pick makes a lot of financial sense now, considering how rookie contracts are structure. In a we words, it's cheap. Lane Johnson will be a very exciting pick.

Fluker is a nasty right tackle, he can start there from day 1 and be a solid starter for years to come. I wish that Charles Brown finally show some toughness and claim the starting left tackle position, he has the athletic ability to do so. We would be set on the line for years to come.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:25 AM   #62
All-Pro

Uk Saint is a jewel in the rough
Uk Saint is a jewel in the roughUk Saint is a jewel in the rough
NFL Scouting Combine: What we learned from Day 3

NFL Scouting Combine: What we learned from Day 3 - NFL.com

» Te'o handled the media barrage with grace. It was all a little awkward and odd. Te'o admitted the experience has been "overwhelming," but he's done a good job putting it in perspective and moving on.

» Lowest moment for the media: The New York Post asked if Te'o was dating anyone "real."

» On the field, prospects mostly held serve. Notre Dame's Tyler Eifert looks like the top tight end in this class, arguably by a wide margin. A strong day of drills included a 4.68 second 40-yard dash, and a 35˝-inch vertical leap. NFL Network's Mike Mayock said Eifert helped solidify his spot as the top tight end, although his No. 2 tight end, Zach Ertz, also had a nice day.

» Mayock's No. 3 tight end, San Diego State's Gavin Escobar, ran a surprisingly slow 4.84 in the 40-yard dash. "That's not who he is on film," Mayock said. He said the slow time will cause teams to look at Escobar.

» Fairly big draft stock news: Oregon defensive end/linebacker Dion Jordan announced Saturday that he will have surgery to repair a torn labrum after the combine. That will keep him off the field for three to four months. Jordon is a Mayock favorite who could wind up getting taken in the top 10. This won't help that effort.

» The Kansas City Chiefs are viewed as an early favorite for Alex Smith. (Means at least one of the QB's wont be taken before us...)

» Michigan quarterback Denard Robinson made it clear he will do anything to get into the NFL: Play wide receiver, quarterback or even cornerback. (Or possibly wash cars.)

» My favorite bit of news I learned today: LSU defensive lineman Barkevious Mingo and Sam Montgomery have a bet on who gets drafted first. The bet: $5,000 and a car wash. Of course, $5,020 would be simpler, but the loser actually has to do said car washing.
Uk Saint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 04:32 AM   #63
All-Pro

Live Stream

2013 NFL Combine Live

Old 02-24-2013, 05:10 AM   #64
Pro-Bowler

ETSNCO has disabled reputation
Montgomery better get ready to write that check.
ETSNCO is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #65
All-Pro

Started with the WR

Da'Rick Rodgers is somone i want to have a look at

Old 02-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #66
All-Pro

Two fast fast times.... Phins will want one of the quick WR and so will the Browns IMO

Old 02-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #67
Hollygrove For Life!

Saint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger Club
Saint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger Club
Quote:
» My favorite bit of news I learned today: LSU defensive lineman Barkevious Mingo and Sam Montgomery have a bet on who gets drafted first. The bet: $5,000 and a car wash. Of course, $5,020 would be simpler, but the loser actually has to do said car washing.
Mingo mentioned this when he was on the NFLAM set a couple weeks ago.

(near the end of the interview)

Barkevious Mingo talks NFL Draft - NFL Videos
Saint Droopy is online now Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #68
Hall-of-Famer

harschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to behold
harschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to behold
Tyrann Mathieu - College Player - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Mathieu 5'9" 186lbs. Not too bad, probably right where people thought he'd be. Like the article says, not ideal to play outside, but perfect for a slot/nickel corner.
harschman is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #69
All-Pro

hope we see our coach in the stands today

Old 02-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #70
Hall-of-Famer

harschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to behold
harschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to beholdharschman is a splendid one to behold
Austin and Goodwin both ran 4.25. Austin's second 40 was 4.31 while Goodwin's was 4.29. There's some fast guys in this draft.
harschman is offline Reply With Quote