New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 02-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #85
Ked' sme sami som tak rád

Kurgan is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Kurgan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKurgan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKurgan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKurgan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKurgan is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Damn didn't know neither lacy nor lattimore would run. Bah.
Kurgan is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #86
Camp Body

60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFALCONS10 View Post
How come you don't care that Jordan who is considered a first rounder production is not better than Taylor who can likely be had for a 3rd?

Jordan's lack of production doesn't seem to bother you in the least. If you want a 6'6 250 coverage linebacker like Manny Lawson, why not just sign Manny Lawson and be done with it?

Manny Lawson - Cincinnati Bengals - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com (free agent this year).

No top overall pick required.

And just like with Martez Wilson, size and measurables aren't the be all, end all of evaluation. Just because a prospect has size doesn't mean that he's necessarily physical or uses it well.

Im not the only person to notice that he doesn't excel against the run.

2013 NFL Draft Prospect Profile: Dion Jordan | DraftBrowns.com
How do you feel about Ezekiel Ansah?
60minutes is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #87
Not a part of your system

NOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to behold
NOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
How do you feel about Ezekiel Ansah?
You already know how I feel about Ansah.

He's on a different planet than Jordan when it comes to power and establishing an edge. And Im not the one making the argument that college production = NFL success, Jack is .

Old 02-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #88
Super Forum Fanatic

TruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
TruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
when does the DLINE do their 40's?
TruSaint is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #89
Camp Body

60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
You already know how I feel about Ansah.

He's on a different planet than Jordan when it comes to power and establishing an edge. And Im not the one making the argument that college production = NFL success, Jack is .
Precisely. You like Ansah, but you do not like Jordan. Your critique of Jordan constantly is informed by his so-called lack of production at the college level. But Ansah produced even less. Stats, as I think you know,
tell one side of the story. It is hardly the entire story.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #90

NOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to behold
NOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to beholdNOFALCONS10 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
Precisely. You like Ansah, but you do not like Jordan. Your critique of Jordan constantly is informed by his so-called lack of production at the college level. But Ansah produced even less. Stats, as I think you know,
tell one side of the story. It is hardly the entire story.

Wrong, and a very weak attempt a "gotcha".

Did you even read what I typed? My use of stats above is merely to illustrate a rhetorical point that Jordan's production was not better than Taylor's since that was Jack's criticism.

I always point out that projection is typically more important than production with the draft like with Clay Matthews and Jason Pierre Paul who's college production was also very dismal. The problem is that Jordan doesnt even project well because he struggles taking on blocks.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruSaint View Post
when does the DLINE do their 40's?
D-line and Linebackers are on Monday.

Here are the measurements so far:
http://www.windycitygridiron.com/201...d-measurements

Old 02-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #92

stillwhodat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
yea austin was the first WR of the day to run it

mayock has been gobblin tavon austin up this morning. its crazy to watch the transition in the NFL from big 6'4" WRs to little 5'9" guys that can run fast
Austin could end up being an early 2nd or late 1st.. I dont know if he is strong enough to be a #1 guy, but if he gets to a team like the texans he could change their team completely
stillwhodat is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #93

Quote:

Did you even read what I typed? My use of stats above is merely to illustrate a rhetorical point that Jordan's production was not better than Taylor's since that was Jack's criticism.

I always point out that projection is typically more important than production with the draft like with Clay Matthews and Jason Pierre Paul who's college production was also very dismal. The problem is that Jordan doesnt even project well because he struggles taking on blocks.
quick question.. I thought jordan was/is very athletic.. His problem that I saw during they year was his lack of strength.. So do you think if he does good on the bench.. Does his stock go on the rise

Old 02-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillwhodat View Post
quick question.. I thought jordan was/is very athletic.. His problem that I saw during they year was his lack of strength.. So do you think if he does good on the bench.. Does his stock go on the rise
Mighty hard to bench press with a torn labrum.
Quote:
Plagued by a right shoulder injury much of the season, Oregon pass rusher Dion Jordan will have surgery next week to repair a torn labrum. He plans to participate in every drill this week at the combine, excluding the bench press, and made a note to explain how excited he was to run.
2013 NFL Combine: Dion Jordan to have shoulder surgery - CBSSports

Old 02-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #95
Camp Body

Quote:

It is not a gotcha. Here's the thing: Either you are committed fully to focusing on stats or you are not regardless of what Jack Diesel may say. The other thing is struggling to take on blocks does not mean that Jordan won't be successful any more than running a fast 40 means that a guy cannot be caught in the open field. Every player has a weakness or an area that can stand improvement. Jordan is explosive off the snap, he gets good pop, he is very fluid, and has great change of direction skills--all of which are things that can translate. He has to improve his hands usage, which is something that can be taught as we have seen with Chandler Jones. And if he improves his hands use, it will help him get off blocks better.

There is a reason why scouts across the board are high on this kid. I am not going to say that you are incapable of being right and everyone else is wrong. It happens, heck sometimes more than people are willing to admit. But it seems to me that you have fallen in love with Taylor and just do not like Jordan as a player. And so however you can justify your argument on both players--one in favor, one in disfavor--is what you do. But you cannot point to stats, even if it is meant as a response to Jack Diesel, when Ansah's stats are lacking. And you cannot point to Jordan's struggles with getting off blocks without talking about Taylor's lack of fluidity, lack of explosion, lack of power/strength, and his own inability to get off blocks.

All of these things need to be placed in the proper context. It is okay even to say "call it a gut feeling" but you believe that Taylor will get stronger, add more bulk and be a better player. Heck, I am not a huge fan of DaMontre Moore so I know what it is like not to like a prospect others are in love with. But if someone asked me a question about my criticisms of Moore, and then pointed to me liking Jordan, hopefully I do not dump on Moore without pointing out that Jordan is not a finished product himself. So, it was not a "gotcha" moment.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #96

Quote:
Mighty hard to bench press with a torn labrum.
2013 NFL Combine: Dion Jordan to have shoulder surgery - CBSSports
Appreicate it.. Info like this I missed..I see alot of draft predictions saying that jordan will fall to us.. I like his potential *size and speed* but Im interested to compare his to asua.. *bad spellin*

Old 02-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #97
Super Forum Fanatic

TruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
TruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
D-line and Linebackers are on Monday.

Here are the measurements so far:
2013 NFL Combine: Defensive End measurements - Windy City Gridiron
Thanks
TruSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #98

surprises of the day:
EJ Manuel helped his draft stock with his throws
Geno Smith did impress me and andy reid could turn him into his newest donnovan mcnabb
As of today it looks to be gino then everyone else
tavon austin could be a steal on the right team and elevate them..
cordell patterson is big and fast.. He looks the part of a number 1 guy
ryan swoope is a beast..he is going to MAKE a team draft him
kniles davis could be a darren mcfadden type

these are just a few suprises i have seen or that caught my eye today