Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 12-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
Rookie

eazyeric23 has disabled reputation
*SPECULATION* Jim Henderson Does Not Think Sean Payton Will Return To the Saints

A Friend of mine attended a rotary club meeting at the Holiday Inn on the northshore yesterday, Jim Henderson was the guest speaker. Someone asked him, if he thought Sean Payton would return next season. He said, the way the story broke on ESPN and the timing of the news indicated to him that Sean Payton's agent was behind the rumors. He also added that Payton knew he held all the bargaining power, when the Saints and Cowboys started so poorly. In the end, he stated that he did not believe Sean Payton would return to the Saints. Do not shoot the messenger. I just figured people on Saintsreport would want to know this information.
eazyeric23 is offline Reply With Quote

9 out of 23 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
WHO DAT !!!!

SAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
SAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTS 12 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyeric23 View Post
A Friend of mine attended a rotary club meeting at the Holiday Inn on the northshore yesterday and Jim Henderson was the guest speaker. Someone asked him if he thought Sean Payton would return next season. He said the way the story broke on ESPN and the timing of the news indicated to him that Sean Payton's agent was behind the rumors. He also added that Payton knew he held all the bargaining power when the Saints and Cowboys started so poorly. In the end he stated that he did not believe Sean Payton would return to the Saints. Do not shoot the messenger. I just figured people on Saintsreport would want to know this information.
Jay Glazer said SP Would be back

13 out of 13 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
SB This year!

SaintsMan209 is marching in
SaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching inSaintsMan209 is marching in
great news!!!!!

1 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
Super Forum Fanatic

Cajun Chat is a splendid one to beholdCajun Chat is a splendid one to beholdCajun Chat is a splendid one to behold
Cajun Chat is a splendid one to beholdCajun Chat is a splendid one to beholdCajun Chat is a splendid one to behold
Meltdown in 3....2....1

It would not be shocking to see SP on the Cowboys sideline next year. It just makes too much sense due to family reasons if nothing else.
Cajun Chat is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 25 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
Hall-of-Famer

jsberry is a name known to alljsberry is a name known to all
jsberry is a name known to alljsberry is a name known to alljsberry is a name known to alljsberry is a name known to alljsberry is a name known to alljsberry is a name known to alljsberry is a name known to alljsberry is a name known to alljsberry is a name known to alljsberry is a name known to alljsberry is a name known to alljsberry is a name known to all
During football season, he's not going to see his kids anyway, so he might as well stay at a place where the owner does not manage/coach the team.

10 out of 10 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #6
Hall-of-Famer

DCSaints_Fan is a jewel in the rough
DCSaints_Fan is a jewel in the roughDCSaints_Fan is a jewel in the roughDCSaints_Fan is a jewel in the roughDCSaints_Fan is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Chat View Post
Meltdown in 3....2....1

It would not be shocking to see SP on the Cowboys sideline next year. It just makes too much sense due to family reasons if nothing else.
Why did he sign the extension in 2011 then?
DCSaints_Fan is offline Reply With Quote

18 out of 18 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
LSU Grad '02

darkhornet is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
darkhornet is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdarkhornet is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdarkhornet is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdarkhornet is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdarkhornet is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdarkhornet is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdarkhornet is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdarkhornet is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdarkhornet is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdarkhornet is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdarkhornet is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdarkhornet is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I don't think Henderson has any inside info. He's really just speculating like everyone else. I appreciate what Jim Henderson means to fans as the "voice of the Saints", but I'm not going to give his opinion much more value than anyone else's.
darkhornet is offline Reply With Quote

30 out of 30 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
Pro-Bowler

m318 is becoming pretty popularm318 is becoming pretty popularm318 is becoming pretty popularm318 is becoming pretty popularm318 is becoming pretty popularm318 is becoming pretty popularm318 is becoming pretty popularm318 is becoming pretty popularm318 is becoming pretty popular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Chat View Post
Meltdown in 3....2....1

He would be a trader then! After Pill-Gate and Bounty-Gate the franchise still had your back, and you left? I will be thankful for what he did if he does leave, but I wouldn't like him.
m318 is offline Reply With Quote

9 out of 13 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #9
Camp Body

60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Payton will be back. Henderson has many magical moments over the years but lately he's been buying too much into his own hype.
60minutes is offline Reply With Quote

8 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #10
Hollygrove For Life!

Saint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger Club
Saint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger Club
I'll wait until a decision is made one way or another. No use flying off the handle over one man's speculation whether its Jim Henderson or Jay Glazer.

Me personally... I doubt Payton wants to coach under Jerruh... they have a great friendship, and that might be the reason he doesn't want to coach there.

But do know this... if Payton does decide to leave this will be the best gig available, and I can see Loomis throwing a boatload of $$ at a guy like Gruden. I mean who wouldn't want to coach Brees and this offense? And the defense is is getting there.
Saint Droopy is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #11
A Shining light of Truth

ASaintFerLife is a future SR.com Hall of FamerASaintFerLife is a future SR.com Hall of FamerASaintFerLife is a future SR.com Hall of FamerASaintFerLife is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
ASaintFerLife is a future SR.com Hall of FamerASaintFerLife is a future SR.com Hall of FamerASaintFerLife is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
If SP is not coaching the Black and Gold in 2013, I will stab my freaking eye with an inkpen!
ASaintFerLife is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #12
Hey! Where's Perry?

gboudx has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Community Service Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASaintFerLife View Post
If SP is not coaching the Black and Gold in 2013, I will stab my freaking eye with an inkpen!
You only have one?
gboudx is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #13
Super Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSaints_Fan View Post
Why did he sign the extension in 2011 then?
He wasn't going through a divorce then.
Cajun Chat is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #14
RIP Horace Silver

Saintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to behold
Saintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by m318 View Post
He would be a trader then! After Pill-Gate and Bounty-Gate the franchise still had your back, and you left? I will be thankful for what he did if he does leave, but I wouldn't like him.
Traitor
Saintfan in Dallas is offline Reply With Quote

13 out of 13 members found this post helpful.