New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 04-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #15
SR is my life!

Mamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Mamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Cleveland Browns
60minutes
Rd.#Pos.NameSchool
14RBTrent RichardsonAlabama
122WRKendall WrightBaylor
126TECoby FleenerStanford
368OLKelechi OsemeleIowa State
4102LBKeenan RobinsonTexas
5141CBCoryell JudieTexas A&M
5162CBJustin BethelPresbyterian
6207TEBrad SmelleyAlabama
6208DTTydreke PowellNorth Carolina
7214QBKellen MooreBoise State
7236LBMiles BurrisSan Diego State
7248DEJosue OrtizHarvard
7250DTDeAngelo TysonGeorgia

Pittsburgh Steelers
jbourque
Rd.#Pos.NameSchool
124LBDont'a HightowerAlabama
236DTAlameda Ta'amuWashington
4121GSenio KelemeteWashington
5142QBBrock OsweilerArizona State
5161WRJunior HemingwayMichigan
6196TLevy AdcockOklahoma State
7234KGreg ZuerleinMissouri Western
7243GDesmond WynnRutgers
7249SKelcie McCrayArkansas State
7251DEJulian MillerWest Virginia
Mamba is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #16
SR is my life!

Mamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Buffalo Bills
tenordas
Rd.#Pos.NameSchool
110OTRiley ReiffIowa
247WRBrian Quick Appalachian State
372CBJamell FlemingOklahoma
4107LBJosh KadduOregon
4126LBNigel BradhamFlorida State
5149QBNick FolesArizona
6173GJoe LooneyWake Forest
6180WRKeyshawn MartinMighigan State
6189TEJames HannaOklahoma
7212DTMike DanielsIowa
7220DEOlivier VernonMiami
7235RBEdwin BakerMichigan State
7254GAdam GettisIowa

Miami Dolphins
Saint Greg
Rd.#Pos.NameSchool
18QBRyan TannehillTexas A&M
242LBZach BrownNorth Carolina
373WRChris GivensWake Forest
374DEBruce IrvinWest Virginia
5105WRNick ToonWisconsin
5147GLucas NixPittsburgh
6199WRDevon WylieFresno State
7218SChristian ThompsonSouth Carolina State

Old 04-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #17
SR is my life!

New England Patriots
Zardnok
Rd.#Pos.NameSchool
126SMark BarronAlabama
131DTDevon StillPenn State
248DEKendall ReyesConnecticut
263OTBobbie MassieMississippi
395LBKyle WilberWake Forest
4128CDavid MolkMichigan

New York Jets
IceHot
Rd.#Pos.NameSchool
116WRMichael FloydNotre Dame
241LBAndre BranchClemson
378DEJared CrickNebraska
5156RBCyrus GrayTexas A&M
6205TDustin WaldronPortland State
6206DBChris GreenwoodAlbion
7245TEChase FordMiami
7247WRRishard MatthewsNevada

Old 04-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #18
SR is my life!

Done. Major props to Crosswatt for doing an excellent job running this thing. It's not an easy task.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #19
Jimmy Graham Fanboi

AgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true Saint
AgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
Jacksonville Jaguars
AgentJRad
Rd.#Pos.NameSchool
15WRJustin BlackmonOklahoma State
250GKevin ZeitlerWisconsin
4103CBRon BrooksLSU
4113QBBrandon WeedenOklahoma State
5144DEJacquies SmithMissouri
6176PBryan AngerCalifornia
6178SAaron HenryWisconsin
7231RBEmil IgwenaguMassachusetts
Recap:
Round 1, Pick 5:
The 5th annual SR.COM "Official" Mock Draft 1st round: COMPLETE is on the clock...
Traded 1st and 3rd round picks for Tampa's 1st and 6th. I had no intention of sitting at the 7 spot. I wanted to move up for Blackmon, or worst case, back for Floyd. I felt WR was Jacksonville's biggest need going in.

Round 2, Pick 50:
The 5th annual SR.COM "Official" Mock Draft 2nd round: COMPLETE
Traded #38 for Chicago's #50 and #111. There was no one here I was in love with, although Curry would have been my pick. Luckily, Zeitler fell to me in this spot, filling a position of need with a great value. Runs off LG scored an abysmal -15.7 rating via PFF.

Round 4, Pick 103:
The 5th annual SR.COM "Official" Mock Draft 4th round: COMPLETE!
There had been a run on CB up to this point, and Brooks was one of the only guys left on top of my list. The Jags have some youth in the secondary, so Brooks only adds to that. He's also a great special teamer, something the Jags are mediocre in.

Round 4, Pick 113:
The 5th annual SR.COM "Official" Mock Draft 4th round: COMPLETE!
I honestly came in the draft with no plans to pick up a QB, but I felt the value here was just too high. Being a bit older, he's a perfect fit to come to a team that already has Gabbert. He's either old enough to accept being a mentor, or be enough of a push. The fact he was Blackmon's QB was an incentive as well.

Round 5, Pick 144:
The 5th annual SR.COM "Official" Mock Draft 5th round: COMPLETE!
At this point, I figured the city of Jacksonville would riot if I didn't pick up a DE. To this point, I hadn't felt any DEs available at my pick were a good enough value, or anyone I was in love with. This was one of the last guys I really looked at. I like the potential.

Round 6, Pick 176:
The 5th annual SR.COM "Official" Mock Draft 6th round: COMPLETE!
Jacksonville's punter is "meh". And this dude's last name is "Anger".

Round 6, Pick 178:
The 5th annual SR.COM "Official" Mock Draft 6th round: COMPLETE!
Former CB turned FS. Guy came away with some good measurables from his pro day. Gives us depth at FS, SpT and emergency corner.

Round 7, Pick 231:
The 5th annual SR.COM "Official" Mock Draft 7th round: COMPLETE!
This pick was going to be Daryl Richardson. During my research, I saw this kid and decided I liked the potential.

Overall, I feel I filled my top positions of need (WR/OG/CB) except for DE. I just never had a DE that I was in love with enough to select during my picks. There's a good amount of offense on here, as I believe Jacksonville's defense is underrated due to the time they spend on the field. Blackmon and Zeitler should be immediate contributors, and it would be no shock to see Weeden out there either. Brooks and Henry will have immediate contributions on special teams, with at least Brooks seeing some time in nickel or dime situations. Igwenagu and Smith are a bit unknown. Anger should have no trouble taking over the punter spot.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #20
Veteran

Rxdoxx is on a distinguished roadRxdoxx is on a distinguished roadRxdoxx is on a distinguished roadRxdoxx is on a distinguished roadRxdoxx is on a distinguished road
Well I thank you for another enjoyable time, and sharpening my awareness going
into the real draft.
Gonna ramble a bit, will check this thread from time to time and then I disappear
back to Baltimore Ravens News, Blogs and Fan Sites With Baltimore Ravens Message Boards, Fan Forums, Baltimore Ravens Blogs, Articles & Analysis on the Ravens - Home Page (home)
Interesting article out of Cleveland
http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral...best_clev.html

Looking at the number of pro-bowlers drafted by teams over the last 10 years
(excluding special-teamers).
Winner was N.E. with 15 (15 probowlers in 10 years, amazing!)
My Ravens were second with 13
Saints ties for 6th with 9
And of course the reason the Cleveland paper ran it was that the Browns were last
with 2. Thought you might find it interesting, especially the correlation to the
won/lost record, and that we have just finished a mock draft.
I think I did Ok for the Ravens
Round 1 (29) Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
Round 2 (61) Zebrie Sanders, LT, Florida State
Round 3 (93) George Iloka, S Boise State
Round 4 (132) Nate Potter LT Boise State
Round 5 (166) Brandon Hardin FS Oregon State
Round 5 (171) Malik Jackson DE Tenn
Round 6 (201) Braylon Broughton DE/OLB TCU
Round 7 (236) Martin Gilbert RB Texas Southern
No obvious replacement for Ray Lewis, but you can only replace position, you don't
really ever replace HOFers.
The Ravens lost Ben Grubbs, Jarret Johnson, Corey Redding, Tom Zbikowski, Haruki
Nakamura, and now Brandon McKinney
Grubbs replaced, O-line well shored up, a offensive threat added (Hill), and
Secondary replaced (Zbikowski/Nakamura) with time to groom Ed Reed's (position)
replacement. And 2 Hybrid DE/LB for Johnson/Redding (Kruger/Kindle/McAdoo on
roster).
Only "hole" is C and counted on one falling undrafted who we now make an effort to
sign as a UFA
Gino Gradkowski C 6-foot-2, 300 Delaware.
Scout.com: Gino Gradkowski on the rise
Quote:
A two-time All-Colonial Athletic Association selection who transferred from West
Virginia, Gradkowski ran the 40-yard dash in 5.25 seconds at his Pro Day workout and
bench pressed 225 pounds 29 times with a 28 1/2 inch vertical leap, an 8-7 broad
jump, a 4.78 20-yard shuttle and a 7.75 three-cone drill.
"I definitely take pride in being athletic," Gradkowski said. "I played basketball in high
school. That's where I got my athleticism from. I'm good in space at blocking the
secondary guys. I take a lot of pride in my ability to understand offenses and
defenses. Mentally-wise, I bring a lot to the table."
If the name sounds familiar, he is QB Bruce Gradkowski's younger brother.
Ravens have had him in for a visit (as has Philly) but his agent is Joe Linta (Flacco,
Matt Birk) so it may have been as a favor to his agent, who knows about these things.
If y'all wanted to find sleepers in this mock draft, here is a real and legit sleeper.
And my long shot sleeper
Obinna Ekweremuba DE#90 6'3" 260 Youngstown State
Obinna Ekweremuba DE#90 Highlight Tape - YouTube
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GinoGradkowski.jpg (11.6 KB, 149 views)
Rxdoxx is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #21
Camp Body

60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Cleveland Browns
60minutes
Rd.#Pos.NameSchool
7248DEJosue OrtizHarvard

Pittsburgh Steelers
jbourque
Rd.#Pos.NameSchool
7243GDesmond WynnRutgers
One of my fifth round picks, Justin Bethel, CB/S, Presbyterian College, is missing from the list for the Cleveland Browns. Otherwise, looks nice!
60minutes is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #22
SR is my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60minutes View Post
One of my fifth round picks, Justin Bethel, CB/S, Presbyterian College, is missing from the list for the Cleveland Browns. Otherwise, looks nice!
Coulda sworn I had him down. Happens every year. It's fixed. Thanks!

Old 04-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #23
redemption draweth nigh

Lipstead Hock has a spectacular aura aboutLipstead Hock has a spectacular aura aboutLipstead Hock has a spectacular aura aboutLipstead Hock has a spectacular aura aboutLipstead Hock has a spectacular aura aboutLipstead Hock has a spectacular aura aboutLipstead Hock has a spectacular aura aboutLipstead Hock has a spectacular aura aboutLipstead Hock has a spectacular aura aboutLipstead Hock has a spectacular aura aboutLipstead Hock has a spectacular aura aboutLipstead Hock has a spectacular aura aboutLipstead Hock has a spectacular aura about
After further review, Browns win. Pats are second.
Raiders "Expert" Mock Draft 2014: 1 (5): Kahlil Mack, LB, Buffalo; 1 (30): Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville; 3 (67): Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana; 7 (219) Eric Pinkins, S, SDSU; 7 (235): Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky
Lipstead Hock is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #24
Always Start Simple

crosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Member
crosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Membercrosswatt Prestigious Gold Club Member
I really like how fresh this will be during the actual draft. This is going to be a great reference thread...

Old 04-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #25
Hall-of-Famer

Saints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to behold
Saints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Dallas Cowboys
Saintsfan420

Rd.#Pos.NameSchool
114LBCourtney UpshawAlabama
245CPeter KonzWisconsin
376DEBilly WinnBoise State
4115CBChase MinnifieldVirginia
4137WRMarvin JonesCalifornia
5154STrenton RobinsonMichigan State
7225TERhett EllisonUSC

Cowboys Draft Recap:
1) Courtney Upshaw OLB - I like this kid. He reminds a lot of people of Anthony Spencer which would make people wonder why they would invest in another here im assuming. To them i would say - Is Spencer locked up long term yet? NO. You can never have enough "Spencer's" on your team. When Spencer was in his prime he was a beast. Some say Courtney reminds people of Anthony Spencer but with a "mean streak". I like this guy a lot for the Boys
2) Peter Konz C - Phil Costa is a horrible Center. Period. I'll continue though - Konz was a beast on the Wisconsin O-line. It helped being next to Kevein Zeitler, but Konz was a miracle man in his own ways. Everyone says he could be a 1st rounder due to his size + ability to spot blitzes and make holes for da run game. Love it
3) Billy Winn DE - All reports are saying that this kid is a promising prospect. I liked the tape. Big fella that should seal the edge for the Boys. Jay Ratliff needs help on both ends of that front 3, and this kid may provide some relief. Jerry Jones said coming into this draft that the Pass Rush is a priority. Well Jerry. 2 of my top 3 picks should help that. You're welcome
4) Chase Minnifield CB - Love this kid! I wish he was more of a man corner, then i'd love the Saints to snag him up. 6'0 + has the speed to play the position. Superior in zone coverage though. Ryan should be able to groom this guy to see the field though. Their CB situation is okay with the Carr signing, but they need depth. A nice physical specimen who isn't afraid to make some hits. Cant complain there
4) Marvin Jones WR - Should be perfect for the Boys competing for the #3 WR spot. This kid has possession receiver written all over him. Good height and decent speed should help him see the field. With Bryant and Austin leading the top 2 spots and the departure of Laruent Robinson to the Jags, this is a nice pickup
5) Trenton Robinson FS - Robinson is an interesting prospect. Some are sayin he may make the conversion to CB since he is a little undersized to play safety. I dunno.. everything i've seen/heard about him thinks he will stay put for now. Likely be placed on ST until he can develop, but can't complain about that. Some people are high on this kid, it all depends on who you ask and what kind of system they run. The Boys just signed B. Pool to a deal a little bit ago so Safety isn't as big a need as it was at the beginning of this offseason. But since its a passing league, its legit
7) Rhett Ellison TE - Originally putting up a 4.88 at the Combine, this kid later went n ran a 4.69 at his pro day which opened up some eyes i guess. He has decent size + speed which will make him an assest in the passing game. HE reminds me of Witten a little with and i can see Romo making a dependable receiver out of this guy if he has to (which we all know he likes to do

P.S. KUDOS to Mamba for making this thread. You are too legit to quit sir

Old 04-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #26
Camp Body

60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Cleveland Browns
60minutes
Rd.#Pos.NameSchool
5162CBJustin BethelPresbyterian
7248DEJosue OrtizHarvard

Pittsburgh Steelers
jbourque
Rd.#Pos.NameSchool
7243GDesmond WynnRutgers
Quote:
Coulda sworn I had him down. Happens every year. It's fixed. Thanks!
Thanks!
60minutes is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #27
Veteran

Rxdoxx is on a distinguished roadRxdoxx is on a distinguished roadRxdoxx is on a distinguished roadRxdoxx is on a distinguished roadRxdoxx is on a distinguished road
Some names I wasn't really familiar with before this process started, that I am now and will notice when I see them go, and hope either the Ravens or the Saints get them are from our mock

75. San Francisco (Indianapolis, KC) (7-9) Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
-wondering will he really go that high? we'll find out...

82. Arizona (8-8) Vontaze Burfict of Arizona State University
-no surprise we all knew of him, texasjefe pulled the trigger here, it seems like this area is probable but we have the drama of watching a potential Lawrence Phillips

129. New York Giants* (9-7) Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple
-the concussion issue, he is a great back but will he drop?

140. Minnesota (3-13) Terrell Manning, LB, NC State
-seemed to come out of nowhere

145. Carolina (6-10) Ryan Steed, CB, Furman
-wondering where the pros will take him, have prescident with Lardarius Webb from Nicholls State, 3rd round just getting a big payday early from the Ravens, small schools don't scare pros from secondary... be interesting to see where he really goes.

165. Green Bay (15-1) Trevor Guyton DE Cal
-only cause I was ready to pick him when waazup swooped, now I will notice when he gets picked for sure. He will fit some teams scheme, question now is how much do they value him.

197. Minnesota (from Phila - from Denver) (8-8) DaJohn Harris, DT, USC
-he is going to end up picked for sure 6th round? I have a feeling he may go higher.

236. Cleveland (from Houston) (10-6) Miles Burris, LB, San Diego State
-I considered him but get negative-itis from all the questions I was reading,
heck of a competitor, wondering if he gets drafted or just gets a bunch of camp invites from teams. He doesn't seem fast enough to be a super special teamer, like Chavis Williams LB Alabama undrafted 2011, moved off Ravens practice squad to roster in season.... I'll be heeping 1/2 eye out to follow Miles draft day.
Rxdoxx is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #28
Super Forum Fanatic

IceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to behold
IceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to behold
In the past two Official Mocks I drafted a player that was actually to be drafted by the Saints (2010 Matt Tennant and 2011 Martez Wilson).

Does anyone think I can go 3-for-3, and if so which player that I drafted for the Jets do you think the Saints might actually draft?
2014 JETS Mock: Rd 1: OT Taylor Lewan - Mich, 2: TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins - Wash, 4a: CB Rashaad Reynolds - OSU, 4b: C/OG Tyler Larsen - UT St, 5: LB Carlos Fields - Winston-Salem, 6a: WR Eric Ward - TexTech, 6b: QB Jeff Matthews - Cornell, 6c: OLB Derrell Johnson - E.Car, 6d: NT Zach Kerr - Del, 7: DB Keith Lewis - UVA-Lbrg (me - HR)
IceHot is offline Reply With Quote