New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Google Ads
Latest Poll
Grade the Saints 2014 Draft
A
B
C
D
F
Sponsored Ads

Old 10-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #1

BigA3723 is a splendid one to beholdBigA3723 is a splendid one to beholdBigA3723 is a splendid one to behold
BigA3723 is a splendid one to beholdBigA3723 is a splendid one to beholdBigA3723 is a splendid one to beholdBigA3723 is a splendid one to beholdBigA3723 is a splendid one to beholdBigA3723 is a splendid one to beholdBigA3723 is a splendid one to beholdBigA3723 is a splendid one to beholdBigA3723 is a splendid one to beholdBigA3723 is a splendid one to beholdBigA3723 is a splendid one to behold
2012 Falcons = 2009 Broncos?

Reading up on the DC Mike Nolan and found something interesting. In 2009 he was hired as new DC of Broncos. They went 6-0 into the week 7 bye with wins over teams like Chargers and Raiders.

Then after the week 7 bye, the team went 2-8 to finish 8-8 and miss playoffs!

The one big blowout win was over Chargers, a team with the same QB, scheme and HC he faced repeatedly in past, I wonder if this is why this was their only big win. The Raiders are under a new staff, so it wouldn't have been as big a help having previous experience with Chargers.

Honestly, the Falcons might be 6-0, but they don't look near the formidable team the 2010 Falcons were and we all know how that ended up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Denver_Broncos_season
BigA3723 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:11 AM   #2
Greenbrier Resort Bound

Saints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club Member
Saints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club Member
Their fans are filled with false hope. Talking division title, home-field advantage, winning a SB in New Orleans. It's gonna be a BEAUTIFUL thang watching the tears flow after they get bounced from the playoffs.
Saints 4 life is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
Always Next Year

harrty is on a distinguished roadharrty is on a distinguished roadharrty is on a distinguished roadharrty is on a distinguished roadharrty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 life View Post
Their fans are filled with false hope. Talking division title, home-field advantage, winning a SB in New Orleans. It's gonna be a BEAUTIFUL thang watching the tears flow after they get bounced from the playoffs.
As they always say, it is not how you start but, how you finish!!! I see the Saints with a better win record when the end comes.
harrty is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
All-Pro

Kicks has disabled reputation
I'm not worried about the failcons. They may win the division, but that's as far as it goes. The first time the Saints won the division, in 1991, we went 7 - 0 to start the season, then loss to the failcons in the first playoff game. (Redskins won the SB that year). It'd be nice to be the team that knocks the failcons out the playoffs.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
Purple Knight since birth

Saintamaniac is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintamaniac is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintamaniac is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintamaniac is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Saintamaniac is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintamaniac is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintamaniac is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintamaniac is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintamaniac is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintamaniac is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintamaniac is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintamaniac is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintamaniac is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintamaniac is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintamaniac is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintamaniac is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I remember during our superbowl season going over to the Falcons site to see what their fans were saying. I remember them saying the exact same things that I see in this thread. I remember them wishing that our season came crashing down. I'll wait until after we play them and beat them before I start making predictions about how their season will play out. After we won the superbowl, nothing gave me more pleasure than to go back and read some of the nonsense from their message board....that is until it crashed or they restricted access to it. The last thing I want is to give their putrid fanbase something to back and read should they by some miracle actually win a game in the playoffs and sniff the superbowl.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
More than 15K posts served!

bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
I dont like trash talking the turds when they are 6-0 and we are 1-4.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

girlySaint is a splendid one to beholdgirlySaint is a splendid one to beholdgirlySaint is a splendid one to behold
girlySaint is a splendid one to beholdgirlySaint is a splendid one to beholdgirlySaint is a splendid one to beholdgirlySaint is a splendid one to beholdgirlySaint is a splendid one to beholdgirlySaint is a splendid one to beholdgirlySaint is a splendid one to beholdgirlySaint is a splendid one to beholdgirlySaint is a splendid one to beholdgirlySaint is a splendid one to beholdgirlySaint is a splendid one to beholdgirlySaint is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintamaniac View Post
I remember during our superbowl season going over to the Falcons site to see what their fans were saying. I remember them saying the exact same things that I see in this thread. I remember them wishing that our season came crashing down.
Well the difference there is the 2009 Saints were destroying people through Week 6, even when we got down by 21 vs. Miami we still ended up winning by 12. We weren't squeaking by against below average teams, and only did so a few times after Greer/Porter went down and we had cornerbacks from off the street playing. If the Falcons were dominating people like we did, I don't think there'd be as many hopeful posts about their eventual downfall. At least, not realistic ones. I agree that we don't yet know how they will turn out, but they're not the '09 Saints.
girlySaint is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #8
Super Forum Fanatic

Brad01 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBrad01 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBrad01 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBrad01 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Brad01 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBrad01 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBrad01 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBrad01 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBrad01 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBrad01 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBrad01 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBrad01 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBrad01 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBrad01 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBrad01 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBrad01 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBrad01 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlySaint View Post
Well the difference there is the 2009 Saints were destroying people through Week 6, even when we got down by 21 vs. Miami we still ended up winning by 12. We weren't squeaking by against below average teams, and only did so a few times after Greer/Porter went down and we had cornerbacks from off the street playing. If the Falcons were dominating people like we did, I don't think there'd be as many hopeful posts about their eventual downfall. At least, not realistic ones. I agree that we don't yet know how they will turn out, but they're not the '09 Saints.
Yeah. Saints didn't trail in a single game until the Miami game. They also won every game by 10+ points until Atlanta (won by 8, led by 10+ the majority of the second half). Four of the Falcons' six wins has been by less than 8 points.

Saints' margin of victory over the first 6 games was 18.5, including a 21 point win over the 5-0 Giants. The Falcons' margin of victory over their first 6 games was half that (9.6), and no team has more than 3 wins currently.

6-0 is still 6-0. But the comparison between the 2012 Falcons and 2009 Saints stops there. Those Saints were dominant. These Falcons are flawed and I would not be surprised to see some blowout losses coming their way even if they still end up with a bye or homefield advantage.
Brad01 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
Shocking....isn't it?

Shockmo is a name known to allShockmo is a name known to all
Shockmo is a name known to allShockmo is a name known to allShockmo is a name known to allShockmo is a name known to allShockmo is a name known to allShockmo is a name known to allShockmo is a name known to allShockmo is a name known to allShockmo is a name known to all
I wouldn't be surprised to see them get a safety in a playoff game.
Shockmo is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
Hall-of-Famer

Symbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to behold
Symbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to behold
Funny, a Colts fan friend of mine compares that team to the 2009 Colts, in regards of them being so one dimensional, but even he says he don't expect them to get passed 11 wins.
Symbiote is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2012, 01:10 AM   #11
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

crawfish2010 is a jewel in the rough
crawfish2010 is a jewel in the roughcrawfish2010 is a jewel in the roughcrawfish2010 is a jewel in the roughcrawfish2010 is a jewel in the roughcrawfish2010 is a jewel in the roughcrawfish2010 is a jewel in the roughcrawfish2010 is a jewel in the roughcrawfish2010 is a jewel in the rough
The goals is to win your division and get homefield advantage. The majority of the NFL is mediocre and it doesn't really matter who you beat or how you beat them. Everything will be settled in the playoffs.

The Rams team that won the Superbowl didn't beat a team that finished with a winning record during the regular season.

The 2012 Patriots didn't beat a team that finished with a winning record during the regular season.
crawfish2010 is offline Reply With Quote