New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 04-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #113
Jimmy Graham Fanboi

AgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true Saint
AgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true SaintAgentJRad is a true Saint
Goooooooooooooood morning, GMs!

Old 04-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #114
SR is my life!

Mamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Mamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCajun83 View Post
I might be in the minority but explain to me why does a QB with 19 starts equal to a top 10 pick? I just don't see it, if he really goes that high he is destined to fail
Just playing devil's advocate, but how many starts did Cam Newton have?
Mamba is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #115
More than 15K posts served!

bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
Not sure, 20 I think. But remember many thought he was a huge gamble also, even tho he won just about all this 20 games.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #116
SR is my life!

Mamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of FamerMamba is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnraisedwhodat View Post
Not sure, 20 I think. But remember many thought he was a huge gamble also, even tho he won just about all this 20 games.

No one's claiming that Tannehill is not a gamble. I'm just pointing out that along with potential risk comes potential reward (in Newton's case, a historic rookie season).

I don't think Tannehill can come in and do what Newton did, of course. I think he should sit and learn for his first year (or you'll ruin him, similiar to what the Jaguars are doing with Blaine Gabbert).

Old 04-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #117
Hall-of-Famer

FootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
FootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
With their 1st selection in the 2012 Experts Mock Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select...

David DeCastro, OG, Stanford

Jamaal Charles, Dexter McCluster, and Peyton Hillis. We love to run the ball in Kansas City and plan to do lots of it. The Chiefs have added Eric Winston to solidify the RT position and now complete the Offensive Line with the addition of the best guard in the draft. DeCastro is an excellent run blocker but a tremendous pass blocker as well, which ought to set Matt Cassell's mind at ease.

Quote:
DeCastro isn't an elite athlete but he's rarely moved in pass protection and dominates as a run blocker with technical precision, toughness and intelligence. He's at his best on the move because of his nifty footwork and agility, pulling to lead in the running game, and plays every down with the intent to bury a defender. There's not a scheme in which he wouldn't fit and he would be an upgrade over the majority of current NFL guards. A first-round lock with top-15 talent.

Analysis
Pass blocking: Doesn't get beat. Has enough of an anchor and resets hands to get leverage if beaten initially. Keeps feet churning and his head up. Capable of blocking down with one hand and sliding to help tackle. Very aware of late blitzers, can stonewall them or ride them out of the pocket. Usually keeps arms extended in pass pro to maintain distance with his man. Loses the hand-to-hand battle occasionally but works to quickly counter.

Run blocking: Excels as a run blocker in power, zone and on the move. Plays with his eyes up. Takes defenders to the ground and doesn't let up. Rarely allows defenders to sidestep. Not dominant as a drive blocker but grinds to the whistle. Defensive tackles with elite power can anchor or move him off the snap.

Pulling/trapping: Dominant leading on pulls outside and traps inside. Reaches second level instantly, has natural bend and flexibility to get correct angle. Does not always dominate smaller defenders after initial contact, falling off instead of latching on, but can take out multiple targets when he squares. Will miss inside target on occasion, giving max effort to cut or reach the linebacker.

Initial Quickness: Very good off the snap. Gets hands up immediately, rarely beaten with an initial pass-rush move. Swims to reach second-level defenders. Generates push in goal-line situations, firing off hard and low. Downfield: Has enough -- but not great -- speed. Very effective negating targets seven or eight yards downfield. Inconsistent sustaining blocks against powerful linebackers and defensive backs, lowering his head to easily be disengaged. Intangibles: Solid work ethic and character. Known for his work in the practice field and weight room. Durable; could play every snap in any scheme. Chose Stanford for its academic standards.

Smart, hard-working, and extremely talented. We're ecstatic to have him as part of the team!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #118
Houston Saints Fan

RaginCajun83 is marching in
RaginCajun83 is marching inRaginCajun83 is marching inRaginCajun83 is marching inRaginCajun83 is marching inRaginCajun83 is marching inRaginCajun83 is marching inRaginCajun83 is marching inRaginCajun83 is marching inRaginCajun83 is marching inRaginCajun83 is marching inRaginCajun83 is marching inRaginCajun83 is marching inRaginCajun83 is marching in
Great pick .... was hoping he would fall to 18
RaginCajun83 is online now Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #119
Hall-of-Famer

Saints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to behold
Saints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCajun83 View Post
Great pick .... was hoping he would fall to 18
Great pick indeed, but he wouldnt have got past 14. My decision on my pick just got a little
Bit easier

Side note. I was curious about Tampas Richardson pick. Im not overly familiar with the man so i must ask. Im reading that people are saying they think he will be a one trick pony and question in whether or not he can catch the nall out of the backfield. This is also the reason i think Blount is catching heat. Will trent's hands prove ro be more reliable than his?

Old 04-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #120
Super Forum Fanatic

IceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to behold
IceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballLady View Post
With their 1st selection in the 2012 Experts Mock Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select...

David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
Great pick!

Maybe I should have traded up.
2014 JETS Mock: Rd 1: OT Taylor Lewan - Mich, 2: TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins - Wash, 4a: CB Rashaad Reynolds - OSU, 4b: C/OG Tyler Larsen - UT St, 5: LB Carlos Fields - Winston-Salem, 6a: WR Eric Ward - TexTech, 6b: QB Jeff Matthews - Cornell, 6c: OLB Derrell Johnson - E.Car, 6d: NT Zach Kerr - Del, 7: DB Keith Lewis - UVA-Lbrg (me - HR)
IceHot is online now Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #121
Super Forum Fanatic

IceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to behold
IceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints420Fan View Post
Side note. I was curious about Tampas Richardson pick. Im not overly familiar with the man so i must ask. Im reading that people are saying they think he will be a one trick pony...
It depends how good that one trick is.
2014 JETS Mock: Rd 1: OT Taylor Lewan - Mich, 2: TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins - Wash, 4a: CB Rashaad Reynolds - OSU, 4b: C/OG Tyler Larsen - UT St, 5: LB Carlos Fields - Winston-Salem, 6a: WR Eric Ward - TexTech, 6b: QB Jeff Matthews - Cornell, 6c: OLB Derrell Johnson - E.Car, 6d: NT Zach Kerr - Del, 7: DB Keith Lewis - UVA-Lbrg (me - HR)
IceHot is online now Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #122
SR is my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints420Fan View Post
Great pick indeed, but he wouldnt have got past 14. My decision on my pick just got a little
Bit easier

Side note. I was curious about Tampas Richardson pick. Im not overly familiar with the man so i must ask. Im reading that people are saying they think he will be a one trick pony and question in whether or not he can catch the nall out of the backfield. This is also the reason i think Blount is catching heat. Will trent's hands prove ro be more reliable than his?
In this draft, Cleveland took Richardson.

But let's say Tampa takes him in the actual draft. One extremely important thing that Richardson excels at that Blount doesn't is pass-blocking. That's really the main reason Tampa takes Blount out of the offense so much. He's completely useless in passing situations.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #123
Hall-of-Famer

Saints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to behold
Saints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to beholdSaints420Fan is a splendid one to behold
Oh sweet lord i forgot Tampa took Luke n not Richardson. Epic fail! Thanks for the tid-bit though. Epuc fail on my part

Old 04-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #124
Hall-of-Famer

FootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
FootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFootballLady is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHot View Post
Great pick!

Maybe I should have traded up.
It was a fair deal!

Old 04-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #125
Hall-of-Famer

I guess i wasnt the only one who inquired about the jump ha. Fair deal indeed, but steep. He is who i would have made it for though too. The QB of the team who gets him will be a happy camper

Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #126
More than 15K posts served!

bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
Suprised not many DL have went yet.