Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 09-11-2017, 01:31 PM   #15
matter vs. spirit

Location: 70005 - Good riddance, Orleans Parish. I'll still visit. Just love my life and property too much.
insidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Member
insidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Judging from the excuses this NFL Live crew are making for all of the teams that they thought should have won yesterday right now, I don't think it will do more than start the conversation, but they'll blame it more on the Vikings offense than credit the Saints D.

Come out week two and do it to the Pats and Brady and people will have to take notice.

The part of me that is "upset" that the ones didn't play much in the pre-season is now becoming optimistic that they did that to keep the real playbooks under wraps and just went out and played against the guy in front of them.

Until the awesomeness comes back home to New Orleans
insidejob is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #16
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

RiverRat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRiverRat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRiverRat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRiverRat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRiverRat is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
RiverRat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRiverRat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRiverRat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRiverRat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRiverRat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRiverRat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRiverRat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRiverRat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRiverRat is an Sr.com Hall of FamerRiverRat is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
If we lose tonight, it will be because the offense sputters.
RiverRat is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #17
matter vs. spirit

Location: 70005 - Good riddance, Orleans Parish. I'll still visit. Just love my life and property too much.
insidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Member
insidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Memberinsidejob Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammymvpknight View Post
I don't blame anyone for expecting the Saints defense to be bad...they have been historically bad for a while, and we played against some pretty poor offensss during the preseason. There is no question that the Saints defense will be better but I'm in "show me something in a real game" mode...because that is what the Saints defense has earned since 2012.
They were historically bad the last two years under Ryan. They weren't even last in the league last year and looked better towards the end of the season (after being utterly decimated all year with injuries).

Now they look to be confident in both the system and the man playing next to them, which is pretty huge when it comes to being a good defense. Can't be worrying about covering the guy next to you's bad habits and doing your job 100% at the same time. We don't seem to have that issue anywhere on the defense this year.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #18
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Saints318 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Saints318 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaints318 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaints318 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaints318 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaints318 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaints318 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaints318 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaints318 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaints318 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaints318 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaints318 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
The Houston Texans stinking it up against the Jags tempered my expectations a bit but I still our defense is better than it's been in a few years.
I have to think our offense will be about as good as any other year of the past 10 which is basically among the best in the NFL. Crazy to think that even if they've taken a step back they're still top 5.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:40 PM   #19
Veteran

QUIDPROQUO is a jewel in the rough
QUIDPROQUO is a jewel in the roughQUIDPROQUO is a jewel in the roughQUIDPROQUO is a jewel in the roughQUIDPROQUO is a jewel in the roughQUIDPROQUO is a jewel in the roughQUIDPROQUO is a jewel in the roughQUIDPROQUO is a jewel in the roughQUIDPROQUO is a jewel in the roughQUIDPROQUO is a jewel in the roughQUIDPROQUO is a jewel in the rough
I don't care what the press says one way or the other. Just win Baby. Al Davis.
QUIDPROQUO is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:42 PM   #20
matter vs. spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints318 View Post
The Houston Texans stinking it up against the Jags tempered my expectations a bit but I still our defense is better than it's been in a few years.
I have to think our offense will be about as good as any other year of the past 10 which is basically among the best in the NFL. Crazy to think that even if they've taken a step back they're still top 5.
That Jags defense is for real. They'd had the same kind of bad luck we've had with injuries. Dante Fowler and Myles Jack both looked really good yesterday and that Houston offense doesn't have a QB. Watson needs to start from here on out so he can have command of the offense by mid-season (if they're fortunate.)

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:08 PM   #21
Rookie of the Year

dutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Club
dutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Club
I don't really give much thought to how the rest of the country views our defense. That won't make any difference one way or another. Teams will prep for whatever our defense is giving up to try and exploit that. That's true if we're top 5 or worst in the league.

I just want to see a substantially improved pass rush and pass coverage. I also want to see our defenders making some plays on the ball, not just hanging back to not get beat. I want to see good tackling and our back 7 flying around all over the field on purpose, instead of all helter-skelter trying to get back in the play. More than anything, I want to see our defense stop drives and give the ball back to our offense with some consistency.

I want to walk way from tonight's believing that the plan is coming together and that our defense may be able to win some games for us soon.

Here's to thinking positive and testing negative!!!
dutar76 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:18 PM   #22
Rookie of the Year

dutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Club
dutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Clubdutar76 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by insidejob View Post
That Jags defense is for real. They'd had the same kind of bad luck we've had with injuries. Dante Fowler and Myles Jack both looked really good yesterday and that Houston offense doesn't have a QB. Watson needs to start from here on out so he can have command of the offense by mid-season (if they're fortunate.)
The Jaguars "should" be one of the top defenses in the league. also, the browns should start showing signs of drastic improvement very soon. Those 2 teams are loaded with blue-chip draft picks. That doesn't always pay off (see LA Rams)... but I think those 2 teams will be for real very soon.

Agree that Houston might as well play like the future is now and start Watson. (see Keiser/Browns). They've been held back by the QB position for a long time. They're pretty much the exact opposite of us. Difference is, they make the playoffs due to their division sucking while we're stuck in a quagmire of tough teams in the NFC South.

Houston is going to find out this season with Tennessee and Jacksonville improving, that 8-8 or 9-7 isn't enough anymore. While in our division, 10-6 likely won't be enough.

Here's to thinking positive and testing negative!!!
dutar76 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:25 PM   #23
All-Pro

Hotdog_Skin is a true SaintHotdog_Skin is a true Saint
Hotdog_Skin is a true SaintHotdog_Skin is a true SaintHotdog_Skin is a true SaintHotdog_Skin is a true SaintHotdog_Skin is a true SaintHotdog_Skin is a true SaintHotdog_Skin is a true SaintHotdog_Skin is a true SaintHotdog_Skin is a true SaintHotdog_Skin is a true SaintHotdog_Skin is a true Saint
Wow we are getting cocky after a few preseason games lol

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #24
Super Forum Fanatic

jbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saint
jbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saintjbourque is a true Saint
The story tonight will be our passing out of the backfield to 3 different backs.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:15 PM   #25
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

St.Dan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt.Dan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt.Dan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
St.Dan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt.Dan is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSt.Dan is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutar76 View Post
The Jaguars "should" be one of the top defenses in the league. also, the browns should start showing signs of drastic improvement very soon. Those 2 teams are loaded with blue-chip draft picks. That doesn't always pay off (see LA Rams)... but I think those 2 teams will be for real very soon.

Agree that Houston might as well play like the future is now and start Watson. (see Keiser/Browns). They've been held back by the QB position for a long time. They're pretty much the exact opposite of us. Difference is, they make the playoffs due to their division sucking while we're stuck in a quagmire of tough teams in the NFC South.

Houston is going to find out this season with Tennessee and Jacksonville improving, that 8-8 or 9-7 isn't enough anymore. While in our division, 10-6 likely won't be enough.
Agreed on the AFC South being the weakest division and the NFC South being the best.

I'm cautiously optimistic about our D's showing tonight. And all of us should expect the cogs to be a little rusty on our O due to not seeing a whole lot of action in the preseason, plus the modern-day rules on offseason activity and such.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:12 PM   #26
happy in the haze

slowchild25 Prestigious Platinum Club Memberslowchild25 Prestigious Platinum Club Memberslowchild25 Prestigious Platinum Club Memberslowchild25 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
slowchild25 Prestigious Platinum Club Memberslowchild25 Prestigious Platinum Club Memberslowchild25 Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowchild25 View Post
It'll be because we played against Bradford. Next week against Brady will be totally different! Until it's not.
slowchild25 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2017, 09:20 PM   #27
Never run out of Colt 45

Sun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Sun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Some top notch prognostication in this thread.
Sun Wukong is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:21 PM   #28
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

bbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
bbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Such high expectations at the beginning of this thread. Only to be disappointed yet again.
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally smishsmarted.
bbourque5 is offline Reply With Quote