New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Latest Poll
Grade the Saints 2014 Draft
A
B
C
D
F
Sponsored Ads

Old 10-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
Subscribing Member

stevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Club
stevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Club
Bounty evidence - Handwritten note edited - Put on your tin foil hat

So the NFL released the handwritten notes today. As I was looking at it I noticed the ink colors didn't match. Anyway to make a long story short - here is the original layer:

bounty pp 20raw.jpg

Here is the final version

bounty pp 20.jpg

I'm uploading a video now to show the layers of editing.

Here is the pdf version you can open it and enlarge it to see what I'm talking about:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf bounty pp 20.pdf (88.4 KB, 595 views)
stevend is offline Reply With Quote

75 out of 75 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
Subscribing Member

stevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Club
stevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Clubstevend 40K Burger Club
Ok so basically all I did was drop the pdf file into illustrator. Then I opened the layers. Turned off all the layers then turned them on one by one. This document was absolutely edited as you can tell by the colored in loops and circles and different color inks. To see good you may want to click to fullscreen and set resolution to 720:

EDIT - So hopefully it doesn't keep coming up - I'm not saying this is not about the layers in illustrator - The layers just allow you to see discrepancies on the original document better. Blow up the original .pdf
stevend is offline Reply With Quote

52 out of 52 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #3
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

7throundpick is a splendid one to behold7throundpick is a splendid one to behold7throundpick is a splendid one to behold
7throundpick is a splendid one to behold7throundpick is a splendid one to behold7throundpick is a splendid one to behold7throundpick is a splendid one to behold7throundpick is a splendid one to behold7throundpick is a splendid one to behold7throundpick is a splendid one to behold7throundpick is a splendid one to behold7throundpick is a splendid one to behold7throundpick is a splendid one to behold
Wow, that's the evidence the NFL has!?!

Better give the Saints the death penalty, someone wrote some names and a couple dollar signs on a cocktail napkin ..... and then altered it
7throundpick is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:47 AM   #4
Veteran

Iceebear is on a distinguished roadIceebear is on a distinguished roadIceebear is on a distinguished roadIceebear is on a distinguished roadIceebear is on a distinguished roadIceebear is on a distinguished roadIceebear is on a distinguished road
It looks like the NFL was nice enough to fill in all the blanks for us including all the dollar amounts.
Iceebear is offline Reply With Quote

14 out of 14 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #5
All-Pro

mither_rome is a glorious beacon of light
mither_rome is a glorious beacon of lightmither_rome is a glorious beacon of lightmither_rome is a glorious beacon of lightmither_rome is a glorious beacon of lightmither_rome is a glorious beacon of lightmither_rome is a glorious beacon of lightmither_rome is a glorious beacon of lightmither_rome is a glorious beacon of lightmither_rome is a glorious beacon of lightmither_rome is a glorious beacon of lightmither_rome is a glorious beacon of lightmither_rome is a glorious beacon of lightmither_rome is a glorious beacon of lightmither_rome is a glorious beacon of lightmither_rome is a glorious beacon of light
Wow. I work in illustrator everyday, and I have to say, that's ridiculous. No wonder they presented a type written note initially. The lack of legibility of the original leaves a lot to interpretation - and boy, did the NFL and its paid "vector artist" run with the leeway. And how stupid can you be to leave the layers in the original document? Nice to know the incompetence is so pervasive it reaches the graphics department. Once they realize the mistake, I'd bet the original hatchet job will be replaced by a flattened, rasterized version. Clowns.

11 out of 11 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:12 AM   #6
Port,Sharp,Greer!DBs Baby

steltz02 is marching in
steltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching insteltz02 is marching in
Shouldn't this be enough evidence to put Goodell in jail? I guarantee he and his lawyers had a hand in this.

I was at the grocery store and I heard Goodell's cousin saying something about Roger forging documents related to the bounty case and trying to pass them off as evidence. (pass it on)

[mod edit]

Last edited by primadox; 10-10-2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: TVP/context
steltz02 is offline Reply With Quote

13 out of 13 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:13 AM   #7
Coaches Box

BLACKSOJA is on a distinguished roadBLACKSOJA is on a distinguished roadBLACKSOJA is on a distinguished roadBLACKSOJA is on a distinguished roadBLACKSOJA is on a distinguished roadBLACKSOJA is on a distinguished road
Someone pass this to Florio

21 out of 21 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:17 AM   #8
WWBD?
Simon Champion

SouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura aboutSouthernSaint has a spectacular aura about
gotta make sure to save all these files so we have them when the NFL no doubt removes them to fix their blunder.
SouthernSaint is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:42 AM   #9
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

SaintsNY is a splendid one to beholdSaintsNY is a splendid one to beholdSaintsNY is a splendid one to behold
SaintsNY is a splendid one to beholdSaintsNY is a splendid one to beholdSaintsNY is a splendid one to behold
tampering with "evidence" i see, mr gotohell
SaintsNY is online now Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:45 AM   #10
самозащита без оружия

BleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
BleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBleedBlackNGold is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
This is truly laughable and terrible.
BleedBlackNGold is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:04 AM   #11
DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!

authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I tweeted @ProFootballTalk the following,

It looks like the league edited the "hand written note" from Cerullo. How is this not outright fraud?

Bounty evidence - Handwritten note edited - Put on your tin foil hat
authentic is offline Reply With Quote

16 out of 16 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:19 AM   #12
Refusing to backpedal

RadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to behold
RadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to beholdRadsRock is a splendid one to behold
Wait... what??

Apologies if this is detailed in the video, but I can't access youtuve from here. For those of us without detailed knowledge of computer graphics -- how conclusively (or not) does this demonstrate editing/tampering? Could something like what you observed happen as an artifact of scanning, pdf conversion or some other process?
RadsRock is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:51 AM   #13
DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!

authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadsRock View Post
Wait... what??

Apologies if this is detailed in the video, but I can't access youtuve from here. For those of us without detailed knowledge of computer graphics -- how conclusively (or not) does this demonstrate editing/tampering? Could something like what you observed happen as an artifact of scanning, pdf conversion or some other process?

Layers are what is used in programs like Photoshop to create and/or edit an image. For example, when you view the layers in question here, you can see where they doctored the document, adding layer upon layer until they got what you see pictured.
authentic is offline Reply With Quote

10 out of 10 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:51 AM   #14
dm
Rookie

dm is on a distinguished roaddm is on a distinguished roaddm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadsRock View Post
Wait... what??

No, those are not artifacts. Yes, it must have been edited by someone with knowledge of illustrator and vector manipulation. Like what the OP showed, an "original scan" would not have multiple layers like that.

And to be blunt to Mr. G.... Since when does a "handwritten" note written on a napkin done in illustrator? At that point, it's no longer "handwritten", genius.
dm is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.