New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 04-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Master Degree On Saints

TonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura about
D. Menzie from Alabama, could land here!

Saw that we could get Menzie, standout safety from alabama along with some excellent
dt's and linebackers.
Menzie would be the pick to get with harper, waiting on a suspension. Definitly need
depth at safety.
TonyV is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Super Forum Fanatic

scott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
scott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
sure Menzie could land in NO....or 31 other teams and I believe he's a CB
scott88 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
Pluck those Falcons

Saints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club Member
Saints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaints 4 life Prestigious Gold Club Member
First pick in the third round, too far down to get excited about a player who might land here. Just sayn'.
Saints 4 life is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
Pro-Bowler

Boccal is becoming pretty popularBoccal is becoming pretty popularBoccal is becoming pretty popularBoccal is becoming pretty popularBoccal is becoming pretty popularBoccal is becoming pretty popularBoccal is becoming pretty popularBoccal is becoming pretty popularBoccal is becoming pretty popularBoccal is becoming pretty popular
Menzie was a CB, but will play saftey in the NFL.
Boccal is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
Very Banned

King Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura aboutKing Stilts has a spectacular aura about
I'll welcome anybody from bamas D with open arms
King Stilts is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
Master Degree On Saints

TonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura aboutTonyV has a spectacular aura about
Seems boccal is on the page as i am, and 3rd round pick for us is like a 1st rounder to 31 teams knowing our picks become all-pro players Colston, Graham, and ex-player nicks for some names.
Theres plenty to be excited about.
#Ball so hard goodell wanna fine me lol

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
Le Grande Fromarge

tomdda is a splendid one to beholdtomdda is a splendid one to beholdtomdda is a splendid one to behold
tomdda is a splendid one to beholdtomdda is a splendid one to beholdtomdda is a splendid one to beholdtomdda is a splendid one to beholdtomdda is a splendid one to beholdtomdda is a splendid one to beholdtomdda is a splendid one to beholdtomdda is a splendid one to beholdtomdda is a splendid one to beholdtomdda is a splendid one to beholdtomdda is a splendid one to beholdtomdda is a splendid one to beholdtomdda is a splendid one to behold
Would be a good 4th round pick. Greg Cosell, who says he watches a LOT of pro and college tape, says that Menzie is the best draft-eligible slot defender he saw (along with Boykin of Georgia) when preparing for this draft. Says he has great short area quickness and cover ability. No scouting report that I saw likes Menzie as a pure corner because they don't like his lack of deep speed. But they all agree he is excellent near the line of scrimmage with regard to tackling and blitzing. Most project him to safety.

So yeah, I'd like the pick of Menzie. It would be great to have one player provide both slot and safety depth.

I follow both Greg Cosell and Adam Caplan on Twitter, they provide tons of info on both pro football and the draft.

Last edited by tomdda; 04-22-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Add
tomdda is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
Master Degree On Saints

Oh Yeah i definitly agree.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #9
put me n coach

1badsailor is a glorious beacon of light
1badsailor is a glorious beacon of light1badsailor is a glorious beacon of light1badsailor is a glorious beacon of light1badsailor is a glorious beacon of light1badsailor is a glorious beacon of light1badsailor is a glorious beacon of light1badsailor is a glorious beacon of light1badsailor is a glorious beacon of light1badsailor is a glorious beacon of light1badsailor is a glorious beacon of light1badsailor is a glorious beacon of light1badsailor is a glorious beacon of light1badsailor is a glorious beacon of light1badsailor is a glorious beacon of light
standout? to some maybe, im not sold. Id take him with a 5

Old 04-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #10
Veritas Aequitas

Boondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Boondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Like an article by James Varney said just a few days ago... Loomis' draft whiteboard had a heavy focus on DE's and DB's. Loomis' eye for DB's has been phenomenal to say the least. He signed Greer when he was available on the free agent market as well as Sharper. He has drafted some gems also: Harper, Porter, Jenkins and Robinson. Loomis just needs to have the same keen eye for DE's. Hopefully, SpagNOLA helps in that department.
Boondock is online now Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #11
Hall-of-Famer

Saints#34 has a spectacular aura aboutSaints#34 has a spectacular aura aboutSaints#34 has a spectacular aura aboutSaints#34 has a spectacular aura aboutSaints#34 has a spectacular aura aboutSaints#34 has a spectacular aura aboutSaints#34 has a spectacular aura aboutSaints#34 has a spectacular aura aboutSaints#34 has a spectacular aura aboutSaints#34 has a spectacular aura aboutSaints#34 has a spectacular aura aboutSaints#34 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Like an article by James Varney said just a few days ago... Loomis' draft whiteboard had a heavy focus on DE's and DB's. Loomis' eye for DB's has been phenomenal to say the least. He signed Greer when he was available on the free agent market as well as Sharper. He has drafted some gems also: Harper, Porter, Jenkins and Robinson. Loomis just needs to have the same keen eye for DE's. Hopefully, SpagNOLA helps in that department.
I don't think Loomis has an "eye" for any position. He's not a talent evaluator and I doubt he's pouring over college film right now preparing for the draft.

Have to say I'm curious to see how we draft this year. I think Payton has a great deal of influence on draft day so it will be interesting to note if there seem to be any major philosophical differences in our draft approach without him.

Ghost of Nate Griffin: \"Its not bad.......there\'s a shortage of chairs...\"

Peter Griffin: \"Oh...\"

Ghost of Nate Griffin: \" yeeeahh....\"
Saints#34 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #12
Veritas Aequitas

Boondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Boondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBoondock is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints#34 View Post
I don't think Loomis has an "eye" for any position. He's not a talent evaluator and I doubt he's pouring over college film right now preparing for the draft.

Have to say I'm curious to see how we draft this year. I think Payton has a great deal of influence on draft day so it will be interesting to note if there seem to be any major philosophical differences in our draft approach without him.
I would have to disagree with you on the Loomis talent evaluation. He is the GM. He is in charge of player transactions, signings and dealings. He better know who in the heck he's signing and have an idea of how they fit the team. That would be poor management to not evaluate the players his owner is about to write a check for. Besides, why else does he go to East/West Shrine Games and Senior Bowls?
Boondock is online now Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #13
Veteran

Pickens is a jewel in the rough
Pickens is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Stilts View Post
I'll welcome anybody from bamas D with open arms
Nolan Narwicki of PFW agrees with you.

Quote:
• “It seems everyone wants to beat up on (Alabama CB Dre) Kirkpatrick, but he can play. So, too, though could the other 10 guys (on Alabama's defense). What Nick Saban is doing there is not fair for college football. There is some serious talent on that defense.”
Pickens is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #14
Hall-of-Famer

Symbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to behold
Symbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to behold
Anyone from Bama's defense plays aggressive, but at the same time, do you really expect Goodell to let them play rough like they do in college? One of their defensive players even said that at the combine, that the NFL is too biased towards the offense.
Symbiote is offline Reply With Quote