New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 10-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
Hall-of-Famer

dav168 will become famous soon enoughdav168 will become famous soon enoughdav168 will become famous soon enoughdav168 will become famous soon enoughdav168 will become famous soon enoughdav168 will become famous soon enoughdav168 will become famous soon enoughdav168 will become famous soon enough
Directv losses CBS station (wwl 4 on my direct)

Now im with the out of towners that cant watch the game cuz they can't get the station. Sounds to me they are trying to force everybody to get sunday ticket.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
you must chill

Location: Metairie- Mandeville (MHS) - Uptown - Alexandria VA
superchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Member
superchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Member

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Community Service Award 
Total Awards: 1

I'm pretty sure they can't do that (drop local channels to force people to pay for content).

What makes you say it has been 'lost'?
superchuck500 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
Veteran Starter

Breeze It has disabled reputation
Plus the Saints have played their only game on CBS already (Texans on 9/25) . Everything else is either on FOX, NBC or ESPN.
Breeze It is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
Sarang Upso

Jackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Jackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
they dropped because CBS said directv wanted to charge them unfair prices

Old 10-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
you must chill

superchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Member
superchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Membersuperchuck500 Prestigious Gold Club Member

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackavelli View Post
CBS entirely?

edit - it's actually the other way around, the tv channel charges DTV to "retransmit".

Old 10-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
Pro-Bowler

johnsmith1665 is a name known to alljohnsmith1665 is a name known to all
johnsmith1665 is a name known to alljohnsmith1665 is a name known to alljohnsmith1665 is a name known to alljohnsmith1665 is a name known to alljohnsmith1665 is a name known to alljohnsmith1665 is a name known to alljohnsmith1665 is a name known to alljohnsmith1665 is a name known to alljohnsmith1665 is a name known to alljohnsmith1665 is a name known to alljohnsmith1665 is a name known to alljohnsmith1665 is a name known to all
hook up the old rabbit ears.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
Very Banned

Sophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to behold
Sophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to beholdSophandros is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav168 View Post
Now im with the out of towners that cant watch the game cuz they can't get the station. Sounds to me they are trying to force everybody to get sunday ticket.
Link?

I just did a search for a story on this (I figured it would be pretty big if Direct TV dropped CBS), and found nothing.
Sophandros is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #8
TWO DAT!

wope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Club
wope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Clubwope 40K Burger Club
What's going on here?
wope is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #9
Subscribing Member

KulBreez is a glorious beacon of lightKulBreez is a glorious beacon of light
KulBreez is a glorious beacon of light
me too not at home at the moment to verify or deny
KulBreez is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #10
you must chill

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackavelli View Post
Ah, I found it.

This probably isn't going to happen. It's just posturing. There's too many stations and networks involved.

Quote:
DirecTV (Nasdaq: DTV) subscribers in 11 states could lose the signals from stations carrying programming from ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC on Nov. 1 unless the satellite TV provider strikes a retransmission-consent deal with station group owner Belo Television Group.

Belo, which operates 16 stations in Texas, Arizona, Washington, Arizona Kentucky, Oregon, Idaho, Missouri, Louisiana, North Carolina and Virginia, wants DirecTV to pay an increase in retransmission consent fees, and has been warning viewers that they could lose their favorite shows if they are DirecTV subscribers. It's possible that Belo could pull its signal if DirecTV doesn't agree to its terms, but losing the DirecTV subscriber base would take a toll on ratings for Belo stations and sap ad revenue from the stations.

Read more: Belo threatens to pull stations from DirecTV over retransmission negotiations - FierceCable Belo threatens to pull stations from DirecTV over retransmission negotiations - FierceCable

Old 10-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #11
Surprise ************!

Saintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger Club
Saintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger ClubSaintaholic 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith1665 View Post
hook up the old rabbit ears.
Pretty sure that this is (inexplicably) no longer an option.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #12
Sarang Upso

Jackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Jackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchuck500 View Post
CBS entirely?
when i read story other day is was local CBS (i'm in IL). Looks like from the OP it's local there too. I haven't read anything saying entire CBS so I can't answer that. Local CBS asked everybody to contact directv and tell them we want CBS and that they were still negotiating (sp?) to stay on directv.

EDIT: from superchuck500 post, looks like Missouri instead of IL, but I could throw a rock and hit Missouri

Old 10-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #13
Loggies Rule!!!!

daMixter has disabled reputation
It's probably the same as what I went through. The carrier of the local CBS channel probably wanted a ridiculous rate hike and DTV wouldn't pay it. That happened in Northwest Fl recently- same company owned the local Fox and CBS rights- Mediacom cable and the carrier couldn't come to an agreement. That's the one thing that finally forced me to get Direct TV, and I'm kicking myself for not doing it earlier- picture quality in HD (I had cable HD) is heads and tails above cable.
daMixter is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #14
Hall-of-Famer

dav168 will become famous soon enoughdav168 will become famous soon enoughdav168 will become famous soon enoughdav168 will become famous soon enoughdav168 will become famous soon enoughdav168 will become famous soon enoughdav168 will become famous soon enoughdav168 will become famous soon enough
sorry when I changed my channel it to what I thought was 4 but it was actually went to information on channels 1-4 and it had a big black D and in the information and it said you may have heard the alerts that directv might lose CBS then I found 4 under that mod want to trash it or rumor my bad.
flame on lol
I overreacted when I thought it was gone i told my self I got to find another option.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.