New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 02-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #57
Yeah you rite

Location: Louisiana...the greatest 3rd world country in the whole U.S. of A.
Broadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger Club
Broadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
So, passing yards = NFL MVP? Really?
No, I don't think most normal people think passing yards = MVP. But CRUSHING the single-season record has to count for something. Passer rating also can't = MVP, or else Drew would have an MVP award already.

Quote:
You do realize that Rodgers, 14 weeks into the season, was averaging 325 yards passing a game, on pace for 5,200 yards, right? Then McCarthy started pulling him.
Come on, brah. The Saints took their foot off the gas more than the Packers did this season.

Quote:
Tom Brady threw for 5,000 yards, hell, Matthew Stafford threw or 5,000, and Eli Manning, who threw 25 interceptions last season, fell about 50 yards short of 5,000.

Rodgers protected the ball better than Brees. Drew lost to a 4-12, and a 2-14 team, and was a large factor in those losses. What he did late in the season shouldn't change the fact that over the course of the entire year, Rodgers was the better player.
Yes, the Saints lost to the Bucs. But the wheels hadn't yet fallen off that wagon yet. They had a winning record at that point. And yes, the Saints laid an egg at the Rams; I guess we'll call that the same as the Packers losing to the Chiefs who had just fired their head coach.

Quote:
And the voters agreed.
Clearly the voters agreed. That doesn't make them right. Doesn't make 'em wrong either. Makes for great debate.
Broadmoor74 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #58
Hey! Where's Perry?

gboudx has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Community Service Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Let Aaron Rodgers play 11 of his games in a nice comfy, climate controlled dome with zero wind, no temperature fluctuation, and I guarantee he breaks that mark. He was at 72 or 73% 13 or 14 weeks into the season, and his % only dropped somewhat when the cold weather hit, and his receiver drops increased.
You love playing the hypothetical game. You'd make a good "analyst" for ESPN.
gboudx is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #59
Veteran Starter

Sinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura about
Hopefully next season Sean lets Drew play the entire game for every game. Air it out in the fourth quarter when you're up by 40. They whine when we bench him for 2 quarters against the Colts and claim we ran the score up on them. I really don't care about the media any more or other teams fan bases. They can whine and moan all they want when Brees is throwing 70 passes a game.
Sinbad is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #60
Pro-Bowler

sacked4loss is a BEAST!sacked4loss is a BEAST!sacked4loss is a BEAST!sacked4loss is a BEAST!sacked4loss is a BEAST!sacked4loss is a BEAST!sacked4loss is a BEAST!sacked4loss is a BEAST!sacked4loss is a BEAST!sacked4loss is a BEAST!sacked4loss is a BEAST!
how does a dancer that does ins. commercials win mvp of the nfl.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #61
SR is my life!

Blue is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBlue is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Blue is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBlue is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBlue is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBlue is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBlue is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBlue is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBlue is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBlue is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBlue is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Let Aaron Rodgers play 11 of his games in a nice comfy, climate controlled dome with zero wind, no temperature fluctuation, and I guarantee he breaks that mark. He was at 72 or 73% 13 or 14 weeks into the season, and his % only dropped somewhat when the cold weather hit, and his receiver drops increased.
Sorry, that's lame.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #62
Hall-of-Famer

smchls23 is a splendid one to beholdsmchls23 is a splendid one to behold
smchls23 is a splendid one to beholdsmchls23 is a splendid one to beholdsmchls23 is a splendid one to beholdsmchls23 is a splendid one to beholdsmchls23 is a splendid one to beholdsmchls23 is a splendid one to beholdsmchls23 is a splendid one to beholdsmchls23 is a splendid one to beholdsmchls23 is a splendid one to beholdsmchls23 is a splendid one to beholdsmchls23 is a splendid one to beholdsmchls23 is a splendid one to beholdsmchls23 is a splendid one to beholdsmchls23 is a splendid one to beholdsmchls23 is a splendid one to behold
"If this, If that, then Rodgers could've thrown for ... "

Drew Brees actually did.

I can't wait for next year.
smchls23 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #63
Super Forum Fanatic

2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club
2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club

Awards Showcase
Photography Award Outstanding Community Service Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Are you saying the Saints receiver corp is better than the Packers?
2009ring is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #64
Yeah you rite

Location: Louisiana...the greatest 3rd world country in the whole U.S. of A.
Broadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger Club
Broadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger Club
Quote:
I love this argument. It's like Brees is penalized for playing in a dome. Funny how the argument was never brought up when Manning was winning four MVP's while playing in a Dome.

But I guess it makes for a fun hypothetical. Or, as I call it, low-hanging fruit.
Broadmoor74 is offline Reply With Quote

8 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #65
Super Forum Fanatic

2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club
2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club2009ring 40K Burger Club

Awards Showcase
Photography Award Outstanding Community Service Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
So, passing yards = NFL MVP? Really?

You do realize that Rodgers, 14 weeks into the season, was averaging 325 yards passing a game, on pace for 5,200 yards, right? Then McCarthy started pulling him.

Tom Brady threw for 5,000 yards, hell, Matthew Stafford threw or 5,000, and Eli Manning, who threw 25 interceptions last season, fell about 50 yards short of 5,000.

Rodgers protected the ball better than Brees. Drew lost to a 4-12, and a 2-14 team, and was a large factor in those losses. What he did late in the season shouldn't change the fact that over the course of the entire year, Rodgers was the better player.

And the voters agreed.
Actually, one of the teams he lost to was 3-2 at the time.
2009ring is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #66
Veteran Starter

Tobythebest is on a distinguished roadTobythebest is on a distinguished roadTobythebest is on a distinguished roadTobythebest is on a distinguished roadTobythebest is on a distinguished roadTobythebest is on a distinguished road
I dont get this. Both great players don't get me wrong but its the awards I don't get!
So they give Brees Offensive Player Of the Year - saying he's the best offensive player this year.

And they give Rodgers league MVP - saying he's the most valuable player.. huh!
Maybe it makes sense.
Tobythebest is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #67
DREW DAT

WhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
WhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Congrats drew!!!

WHO DAT!!!!!!!!
WhoDat9to12 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #68
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

zknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
zknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerzknotts61 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Well, you are right about it not being close. 48 votes for Rodgers, 2 for Brees. This should come a no surprise after Rodgers got 47.5 of the 50 votes for NFL All Pro.

Drew Brees is a great QB, and a Hall of Famer. He'll win the MVP before he retires. He just missed it this year.
Brees is more valuable to New Orleans than Rodgers is to Green Bay. And don't even say that he's not.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #69
Veteran Starter

Sinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura aboutSinbad has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Rodgers was pulled before the 4th quarter with 5 TD passes against the Bears the WEEK before Flynn threw for 6.

Look, I'm sorry if Aaron Rodgers doesn't get off on posting gaudy passing yard stats. The NFL isn't Madden 2011. If breaking passing records were that important, you think that Rodgers wouldn't have played those 7 quarters of the season he sat out? The full game against Detroit in week 17 (if you think Rodgers couldn't have thrown 6 TD passes in a game that devolved into a shootout, you're kidding yourself). Pulled in the 3rd quarter against Oakland, at the start of the 4th against Minnesota. Rodgers put those numbers up in a little over 14 games. He EASILY could have broken Tom Brady's 50 TD pass mark, but it wasn't all that important.

I guess the 48 people, out of 50 with votes, are all morons. People that cover the game for a living know less than you.
And Drew Brees threw one pass the entire second half against the Colts..... Your point?
Sinbad is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #70

lambeausouth is on a distinguished roadlambeausouth is on a distinguished roadlambeausouth is on a distinguished roadlambeausouth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadmoor74 View Post
Clearly the voters agreed. That doesn't make them right. Doesn't make 'em wrong either. Makes for great debate.
Exactly! That's what I'm hoping for.

I respect the Saints, and all you guys that pull for them. One of my best friends is a frequent poster here. He'll tell ya, I like the Saints, and I would have pulled for you guys if you'd gone to Indy.

I haven't posted much since signing up here 11 years ago, but I read frequently, and chime in one in a while.

I've always enjoyed talking to the Who Dat nation, and that will continue.
lambeausouth is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful.