New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Latest Poll
Grade the Saints 2014 Draft
A
B
C
D
F
Sponsored Ads

Old 01-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
Mark it zero!!!

crescentcityboi is a splendid one to beholdcrescentcityboi is a splendid one to beholdcrescentcityboi is a splendid one to behold
crescentcityboi is a splendid one to beholdcrescentcityboi is a splendid one to beholdcrescentcityboi is a splendid one to beholdcrescentcityboi is a splendid one to beholdcrescentcityboi is a splendid one to beholdcrescentcityboi is a splendid one to beholdcrescentcityboi is a splendid one to beholdcrescentcityboi is a splendid one to beholdcrescentcityboi is a splendid one to beholdcrescentcityboi is a splendid one to beholdcrescentcityboi is a splendid one to behold
A few thoughts on my first Candlestick experience

Saturday was my wife's first away game experience, as well as my first at Candlestick.

I'd like to start by saying that a majority of the fanbase decided to stick to simple boo's and razzing, which was encouraged and expected by us. We were, after all, decked out from head to toe in black and gold.

Things that concerned me were incidents like witnessing a 7 year old be encouraged by his father to yell obscenities like "The Saints ain't ****" and things of this nature.

I also had to bear witness to degenerates jumping in my me and my wife's face yelling "**** you" among other things. This actually happened more frequently than I care to admit. At one point I was confronted by two men who proceeded to get to within literally 1 inch of my face and yell at the top of their lungs, similar to that of a drill instructor, for a good two minutes. I responded by simply wishing them luck and for a good game, believe it or not.

This trip was a true test of self discipline. I encourage anyone planning to attend a Niner game with their wife to get a good group to go together. Having to watch my wife deal with some of the stuff she put up with was rough, but I was extremely proud of her for how she handled herself.

We simply remained congratulatory after the game while receiving even more berating. Apparently some of these folks aren't particularly concerned with a win or a loss
Twenty arrested at Candlestick during 49ers playoff win - Santa Cruz Sentinel

I know we host them next year. I sleep soundly knowing that they will be treated with a great deal more respect than we were on Saturday.

On a lighter note, the city of SF is gorgeous and one we intend to visit again. We met some friendly folks and still managed to enjoy our trip considering the results of the game.

And on an even lighter note, before the game we managed to run into someone we hold dear to our hearts in the city of NOLA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg facebook_968742308 (1).jpg (97.8 KB, 218 views)
crescentcityboi is offline Reply With Quote

55 out of 56 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
Subscribing Member

sacrosaint is a glorious beacon of light
sacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of light
Too bad you couldn't hang with that guy all game. No one would have messed with y'all then.

San Francisco is a beautiful city but those rude and rowdy fans are far from beautiful.
sacrosaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
DEFEND THE COAST

Legion of Dome will become famous soon enoughLegion of Dome will become famous soon enoughLegion of Dome will become famous soon enoughLegion of Dome will become famous soon enoughLegion of Dome will become famous soon enoughLegion of Dome will become famous soon enoughLegion of Dome will become famous soon enoughLegion of Dome will become famous soon enough
Great job! Way to represent!
Legion of Dome is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
Daydream Believer

Flyboy is becoming pretty popularFlyboy is becoming pretty popularFlyboy is becoming pretty popularFlyboy is becoming pretty popularFlyboy is becoming pretty popularFlyboy is becoming pretty popularFlyboy is becoming pretty popularFlyboy is becoming pretty popularFlyboy is becoming pretty popular
I was there too (by myself mind you) and got pretty much the same treatment. It didn't really bother me much and actually expected that going in the game, however, when my wife told me that as she was waiting to pick me up outside the stadium and fans were trying to reach into our vehicle to the point where it startled my 1 year old daughter? Yeah... I almost lost it that night after she told me that.
Flyboy is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

98greenGT has a spectacular aura about98greenGT has a spectacular aura about98greenGT has a spectacular aura about98greenGT has a spectacular aura about98greenGT has a spectacular aura about98greenGT has a spectacular aura about98greenGT has a spectacular aura about98greenGT has a spectacular aura about98greenGT has a spectacular aura about98greenGT has a spectacular aura about98greenGT has a spectacular aura about98greenGT has a spectacular aura about98greenGT has a spectacular aura about98greenGT has a spectacular aura about98greenGT has a spectacular aura about
more pics of wife pls
98greenGT is offline Reply With Quote

19 out of 20 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
Hall-of-Famer

Pdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Pdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Honestly man, you have a lot more self control than I do. Congratulations to you.

Pdlc is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
Subscribing Member

chank is an Sr.com Hall of Famerchank is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
chank is an Sr.com Hall of Famerchank is an Sr.com Hall of Famerchank is an Sr.com Hall of Famerchank is an Sr.com Hall of Famerchank is an Sr.com Hall of Famerchank is an Sr.com Hall of Famerchank is an Sr.com Hall of Famerchank is an Sr.com Hall of Famerchank is an Sr.com Hall of Famerchank is an Sr.com Hall of Famerchank is an Sr.com Hall of Famerchank is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Sorry to hear about the unruly 49ers fans. I guess this happens at all football venues... some more than others. I had a similar experience at the Saints vs Titans game in Nashville. I won't go into details of what was said. It pretty much ended with me asking a guy not to use profanity in front of my kids. All I got in response was, "DON'T TAKE YOUR KIDS TO A FOOTBALL GAME!!!". Well, I will abide by that. I won't take my kids to another Saints game unless it is in the NOLA. Sure there might be some drunk wackos screaming stuff, but at least they won't be screaming it at my children (because they will be decked out in Saints gear, lol).

Don't get me wrong though... most of the Titans fans were pretty cool people. My kids didn't hardly notice some of the stuff being said because they were preoccupied cheering on Brees. As a parent though, it is tough to just let some drunk idiot act like that in front of my family. It only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch. We just happened to be seated by a few of those bad apples.

Like someone told me...
70,000 people + alcohol = Not a good environment for the family

Thanks for representing the Who Dat Nation at Candlestick!
chank is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
Veteran

HoustonCajun is an unknown quantity at this point
Went to last year's game and can tell it was the same way then. Their fans are the worst. I will never spend a dime on a 49er ticket.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #9
Win, AGAIN

krichard714 is marching in
krichard714 is marching inkrichard714 is marching inkrichard714 is marching inkrichard714 is marching inkrichard714 is marching inkrichard714 is marching inkrichard714 is marching inkrichard714 is marching inkrichard714 is marching inkrichard714 is marching inkrichard714 is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98greenGT View Post
more pics of wife pls
on the wife
krichard714 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
RZA

RZA is on a distinguished roadRZA is on a distinguished roadRZA is on a distinguished roadRZA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrosaint View Post

San Francisco is a beautiful city but those rude and rowdy fans are far from beautiful.
Well all they've had to look forward to is the Up Your Alley Festival the past decade
RZA is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #11
French Quarter

SaintKat is marching in
SaintKat is marching inSaintKat is marching inSaintKat is marching inSaintKat is marching inSaintKat is marching inSaintKat is marching inSaintKat is marching inSaintKat is marching inSaintKat is marching inSaintKat is marching inSaintKat is marching in
I was also at the game and the treatment got scary. I am a woman, was well dressed , kept my head down, was talking no smack and was accosted by men over and over again during the entire game. The male fans were actually WORSE when I was alone, than when I was in a group, with a male Saints fan and another female Saints fan.

At halftime, I was alone, looking for the restroom and had the same situation happen mentioned above where a group of men stopped me, surrounded me and screamed NINERS in my face over and over again, like a drill sargent. Inches from my face. An USHER watched from afar, but did not intervene. It was very hard to back up and get out of there, but I managed to do an about face and go the other way. It was a real hazzing. I was also bumped into and called SKANK loudly in my ear several times. I was hit over the head with red towels and called a "dirty girl" - which I can only guess is a wrong team mistake from "dirty bird."

At halftime, I finally made it into the women's restroom where 2 other female Saints fans were in a corner, talking about the same treatment they had just received. For some reason, it seemed WORSE when it was a woman alone. The men took that as an invitation to corner and taunt. I hate to sound like a whining female, but no male Saints fans that I know would ever do that to a female visiting team fan.

We cancelled our dinner plans in the city and went direct to the airport. As I have always said, each city is a HOST to a visitor. In NOLA, you are our guests. In SF, we are your guests - yes, it's a sporting event - but do you want to have the visitors of your city leaving with this kind of experience? Many cities rest on tourism to survive and many cities simply want the reputation of being a good host. I will never feel the same way about San Francisco after that experience. Definitely not the place for women or children. On a positive note, one Saints female fan said the very same SKANK/NINERS treatment happened to her and because of it, 2 Niners men who had witnessed it, then paid for her meal in the snack bar line to apologize. So clearly some good folks there.

But the final bit of irony was the big sign/reminder all over the stadium that the motto of Candlestick is MUTUAL RESPECT.

On the way out, we were once again cornered by 49ers fans, who have now won the game. We were taunted and screamed at. I finally spoke up and said - Really? This is how you treat visitors to your city? This is the kind of man and host you are? The entire group of 49ers just stood and stared. Then I walked away.

Bad experience. Thank you for letting me vent.

21 out of 21 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #12
BreesusMVP

rob808504 is on a distinguished roadrob808504 is on a distinguished roadrob808504 is on a distinguished roadrob808504 is on a distinguished roadrob808504 is on a distinguished roadrob808504 is on a distinguished road
i also was at candlestick and a different experience. The parking lot beforehand was where the majority of screaming at us was but once inside the stadium it was fine. The people in our section were a mixed bag of young and old fans but were all as nice as you could be in that situation. A beer was thrown in our direction after first TO and the person who threw it was immediately pointed out to security by other 49rs fans and ejected.
Obviously, me and the one friend i was with caught the most obscenities and lots of cold shoulders after Grahms TD, but candlestick had been deflated. We felt the same shortly after.
I spilled half a beer while carrying a couple away from concession stand, no one bumped into me im just clumsy, and a 49rs fan walked over to me and got me another beer. He then remarked, " make sure you let everyone know we nice people here." I think that was a sentiment that most fans wanted to have, they are embarrassed about the press earlier this year and they wanted to prove that wrong.
San Francisco and the game were a blast despite the outcome.
rob808504 is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #13
I'm inside the computer.

stadanko is a splendid one to beholdstadanko is a splendid one to behold
stadanko is a splendid one to beholdstadanko is a splendid one to beholdstadanko is a splendid one to beholdstadanko is a splendid one to beholdstadanko is a splendid one to beholdstadanko is a splendid one to beholdstadanko is a splendid one to beholdstadanko is a splendid one to beholdstadanko is a splendid one to beholdstadanko is a splendid one to beholdstadanko is a splendid one to beholdstadanko is a splendid one to beholdstadanko is a splendid one to behold
I've never been, but my friends from Cali have always said Niner fans rival and sometmes even top Raider fans at being classless. Whatever, you always see a team with a quick turnaround go into the next year over confident and not aware of the fact that they've been studied all year by opponents. I predict an 8-8 season at best next year and those loud mouth fans will be pretending that they never cared in the first place.
stadanko is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #14

Patrick_WhoDatFan is on a distinguished roadPatrick_WhoDatFan is on a distinguished roadPatrick_WhoDatFan is on a distinguished roadPatrick_WhoDatFan is on a distinguished roadPatrick_WhoDatFan is on a distinguished roadPatrick_WhoDatFan is on a distinguished road
didn't they have a shooting there with the Radiers and Niners game???
Patrick_WhoDatFan is offline Reply With Quote