New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 09-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
True Believer

MarylandSaint is on a distinguished roadMarylandSaint is on a distinguished road
Gleason Jerseys for Charity?

Like everyone, I was crushed to hear the news that Steve Gleason had Lou Gehrig's disease. I always felt that Steve was the bedrock of our Special Teams during his time with the Saints - it was hard to run back a big kick return, because #37 was usually there to say hello!

He was our hero of the storied Falcons game with his famous blocked punt. As such, I think it's time we gave a little love back by wearing his jersey ... trouble is, I can't find one.

I suggest that Steve's #37 be made available for purchase, with proceeds going to ALS awareness and/or Team Gleason. I feel that a true New Orleans Saints hero deserves true New Orleans support! Anyone with me?

For your convenience, here is the website for ALS awareness:

Homepage - ALS Association

And for more on Steve, here is the website for Team Gleason:

Team Gleason | Better Now Than Never

Truly,
MarylandSaint
MarylandSaint is offline Reply With Quote

14 out of 14 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
All-Pro

SaintsSpringBayou is a glorious beacon of light
SaintsSpringBayou is a glorious beacon of lightSaintsSpringBayou is a glorious beacon of lightSaintsSpringBayou is a glorious beacon of lightSaintsSpringBayou is a glorious beacon of lightSaintsSpringBayou is a glorious beacon of lightSaintsSpringBayou is a glorious beacon of lightSaintsSpringBayou is a glorious beacon of lightSaintsSpringBayou is a glorious beacon of lightSaintsSpringBayou is a glorious beacon of lightSaintsSpringBayou is a glorious beacon of lightSaintsSpringBayou is a glorious beacon of lightSaintsSpringBayou is a glorious beacon of lightSaintsSpringBayou is a glorious beacon of lightSaintsSpringBayou is a glorious beacon of light
YES!

That would be awesome!
SaintsSpringBayou is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
DAMN YOU PARTY LIQUOR!

authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
authentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famerauthentic is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
That would be really great. Let us know how we can accomplish it.
authentic is online now Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
DREW DAT

WhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
WhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I hope someone can figure out a way to make this happen. I bet sales would skyrocket.

WHO DAT!!!!!!!!
WhoDat9to12 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #5
Veteran Starter

HemiDart will become famous soon enoughHemiDart will become famous soon enoughHemiDart will become famous soon enoughHemiDart will become famous soon enoughHemiDart will become famous soon enoughHemiDart will become famous soon enoughHemiDart will become famous soon enoughHemiDart will become famous soon enough
I'm in
HemiDart is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
USFL superstar!

seandroog is a splendid one to beholdseandroog is a splendid one to beholdseandroog is a splendid one to behold
seandroog is a splendid one to beholdseandroog is a splendid one to beholdseandroog is a splendid one to beholdseandroog is a splendid one to beholdseandroog is a splendid one to beholdseandroog is a splendid one to beholdseandroog is a splendid one to beholdseandroog is a splendid one to beholdseandroog is a splendid one to beholdseandroog is a splendid one to beholdseandroog is a splendid one to beholdseandroog is a splendid one to beholdseandroog is a splendid one to behold
I think we should get an online petition going and then submit it to the new orleans saints organization.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
ON MARCH THE SAINTS

ALLSAINTS66 has disabled reputation
I'd be in, too. I loved Steve. Not only for his play, but his mohawks RAWKED!

ALLSAINTS66 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #8
All-Pro

BOOBOO is a BEAST!BOOBOO is a BEAST!BOOBOO is a BEAST!BOOBOO is a BEAST!BOOBOO is a BEAST!BOOBOO is a BEAST!BOOBOO is a BEAST!BOOBOO is a BEAST!BOOBOO is a BEAST!BOOBOO is a BEAST!BOOBOO is a BEAST!
wouldn't jerseys be kind of expensive?

how about t-shirts?
still #1

proud infidel since 1961
BOOBOO is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #9
Subscribing Member

PayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true Saint
PayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true SaintPayOrPlay is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOBOO View Post
wouldn't jerseys be kind of expensive?

how about t-shirts?
A "better now than never" T-shirt is coming. Better Now Than Never @ Dirty Coast : Nice New Orleans Shirts & Apparel

But count me in the number that would spring for a Gleason 37 jersey if the proceeds went to a good cause of Steve's choice.
PayOrPlay is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #10
True Believer

MarylandSaint is on a distinguished roadMarylandSaint is on a distinguished road
I emailed the suggestion to neworleanssaints.com. I even mentioned the T-Shirt idea from BOOBOO. We'll see if they heard me, but I think that we need to push this!
MarylandSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #11

houstoons is an unknown quantity at this point
I was thinking about a jersey this morning. I think on the back it would be cool if it said TEAM GLEASON. I would for sure buy one and wear it proudly!
houstoons is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #12
Veteran Starter

lforet2002 is becoming pretty popularlforet2002 is becoming pretty popularlforet2002 is becoming pretty popularlforet2002 is becoming pretty popularlforet2002 is becoming pretty popularlforet2002 is becoming pretty popularlforet2002 is becoming pretty popularlforet2002 is becoming pretty popularlforet2002 is becoming pretty popularlforet2002 is becoming pretty popular
I think another good idea for a jersey would be to have some sort of ALS awareness patch or something of the sort..

Old 09-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
I hate American Airlines

keepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Club
keepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Clubkeepoursaints 50K Burger Club
I posted this on Team Gleason's FB page this morning...... I just have to have a Gleason jersey

Old 09-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #14
stick n move

Born_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBorn_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBorn_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBorn_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Born_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBorn_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBorn_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBorn_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBorn_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBorn_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBorn_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBorn_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBorn_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBorn_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBorn_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBorn_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerBorn_A_Saint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
T-Shirt or Jersey, I'll buy them both.