New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 04-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #15
Pro-Bowler

NOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popularNOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popularNOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popularNOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popularNOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popularNOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popularNOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popularNOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popularNOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popular
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragas View Post
Next time do not post. You have no evidence to back up your claims other than alot of hot air.
Do you really need to crap on the guy for speaking his mind? It seems like 90% of SSF thinks the organization can do no wrong and comes down on anyone who says something different. I personally like opposing views, sometimes they turn out to be right.

That being said I wasn't high on the Cam Jordan pick last year and he's not off to a good start, but I really what I see from Hicks. Perfect pick for the spot and the need IMO and we always seem to have good luck with the smaller schools.
NOSfan1019 is offline Reply With Quote

29 out of 29 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #16
Rookie

Chad1886 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSfan1019 View Post
Do you really need to crap on the guy for speaking his mind? It seems like 90% of SSF thinks the organization can do no wrong and comes down on anyone who says something different. I personally like opposing views, sometimes they turn out to be right.

That being said I wasn't high on the Cam Jordan pick last year and he's not off to a good start, but I really what I see from Hicks. Perfect pick for the spot and the need IMO and we always seem to have good luck with the smaller schools.
Thank you!!!
Chad1886 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #17
DREW DAT

WhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
WhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer

WHO DAT!!!!!!!!
WhoDat9to12 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #18
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

triumph is a jewel in the rough
triumph is a jewel in the roughtriumph is a jewel in the roughtriumph is a jewel in the roughtriumph is a jewel in the roughtriumph is a jewel in the roughtriumph is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad1886 View Post
and now Long story short I have to chug a lot of beers tomorrow....
I'm failing to see the problem.
triumph is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #19
Who Dat?

SaintsFan83 is marching in
SaintsFan83 is marching inSaintsFan83 is marching inSaintsFan83 is marching inSaintsFan83 is marching inSaintsFan83 is marching inSaintsFan83 is marching inSaintsFan83 is marching inSaintsFan83 is marching inSaintsFan83 is marching inSaintsFan83 is marching inSaintsFan83 is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSfan1019 View Post

If him and his "buddies" are laughing about it, why aren't they playing in the NFL if they are so much better? Its one thing for someone to post about being disappointed with a pick. Its another to just sign up and be a troll.
SaintsFan83 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFan83 View Post
If him and his "buddies" are laughing about it, why aren't they playing in the NFL if they are so much better? Its one thing for someone to post about being disappointed with a pick. Its another to just sign up and be a troll.
We are not better. Never wished him to fail. However we all know first hand hicks. And being nfl fans we want what's best for our team and I IMO feel we should've drafted someone else..That's where the what if jokes come in. And no that doesn't mean me?!? Haha. Has nothing to do w me playing ball. the real troll is you for being so close minded.

2 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #21
Pro-Bowler

NOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popularNOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popularNOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popularNOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popularNOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popularNOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popularNOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popularNOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popularNOSfan1019 is becoming pretty popular
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFan83 View Post
He's not being a troll dude, just recounting some first-hand experience playing against the guy. I think thats unique perspective, wouldn't you say?

Chad's not a scout or probably a NFL prospect (nor does he claim to be) and he can be flat out wrong just like everybody else, but he has experience with the guy and I think its interesting to hear.
NOSfan1019 is offline Reply With Quote

14 out of 15 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:58 AM   #22
Super Moderator

Rugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club Member
Rugger Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad1886 View Post
Played against him. not head up. im a FB played for Univ. of Manitoba
RAAAAW. Big strong powerful. Stands up straight right away. not fast. Zero pass rushing moves (besides bull rush). Didnt take over a game as much as youd think he would. And the CIS is not an elite level at all.
When i heard this pick. i have never been more disappointed in a draft.
He has a lot of work ahead of him before he sees that field.
Alameda Ta'amu was there Brandon Thompson was there. Boykins. the list goes on...
Heres to hoping the rest of our draft turns around!
Hey thanks for the insight. Kind of disappointing to here a bad report. Interesting thing is that he opened many eyes against better competition in the Shrine Game. Who knows, maybe he wasn't every well coached up at Regina.

That is one thing about the Saints and IMO one of the biggest reasons that they are not afraid to take small school projects; I know it is going ot sound weird because you would think that all coaches are like this, but the Saints are very confident in their coaching. They believe that they can coach a player up. They believe that they can take a big piece of Granite and make an awesome statue, if you know what I mean.

They said it in their presser. There are some things you can not coach. He is huge, strong, and powerful, but very raw. We will see, but again thanks for the insight. I hope he develops into his potential.

Lelito Has Become the Forum's Whipping Boy Before Ever Snapping the Ball

Last edited by Rugger; 04-28-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Rugger is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:03 AM   #23
Hall-of-Famer

DeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to all
DeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to all
Quote:
Hicks headed north to Saskatchewan,where he became one the most dominant players in Canada's version of Division I. From 2010-11, Hicks recorded 41 unassisted tackles and eight sacks in 16 games. As a senior, he won several awards, including Canada West's outstanding lineman, and set a single-season school record with 6 1/2 sacks.
Akiem Hicks - NFL Draft Prospect Profile | FOX Sports on MSN

Yea.. he sucks.
DeuceMcAllisterFan is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:04 AM   #24
Rookie

I do wish him the best and really hope he learns from the best and develops! He's now part of the who dat nation and will cheer on his progress. I hope I'm wrong we're all on the same team here just putting out a view none of you have yet to hear about him. Love the posts by rugger and nosfan thanks guys. Your exactly right rugger. Coaching is definitely not the same up here. And maybe he was just bringing his level of potential play down to our level. A lot of variables to this pick. And still won't sink in for a long time I faced a saint player?!? I have all the faith in Mickey and the staff!!

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #25
Us Against The World!

SeLuSaint is a true SaintSeLuSaint is a true SaintSeLuSaint is a true Saint
SeLuSaint is a true SaintSeLuSaint is a true Saint
Hopefully Hicks becomes a young version of Shaun Rogers.
SeLuSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #26
All-Pro

rail is a glorious beacon of lightrail is a glorious beacon of light
rail is a glorious beacon of lightrail is a glorious beacon of lightrail is a glorious beacon of lightrail is a glorious beacon of lightrail is a glorious beacon of lightrail is a glorious beacon of lightrail is a glorious beacon of light
I'm callin bs
rail is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:10 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMcAllisterFan View Post
I don't need to read up on him. Unlike you do hearing his name for the first time.

Some of the teams are really really bad. See the UBC thunderbirds and level of comp. he was a huge mismatch for a lot of guards. Pretty entertaining to watch come film study hah. All Canadian of course. But doesn't take much to get that. Great great great CIS player doesn't equal nfl stardom

2 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:10 AM   #28
Veteran

whodat07 is on a distinguished roadwhodat07 is on a distinguished roadwhodat07 is on a distinguished roadwhodat07 is on a distinguished roadwhodat07 is on a distinguished roadwhodat07 is on a distinguished roadwhodat07 is on a distinguished road
I'm not knocking on your perspective here Chad. But I will say that playing against him two games a year is one thing. But obsessively watching the guy play on tape is another thing. This is what the scouts do and they see things from ALL angles, even the ones you may have missed. I won't say I blindly follow all the decisions the team makes, but when it comes to scouting hidden talent...I do
whodat07 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.