New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 04-28-2012, 01:10 AM   #29
Go to hell, Carolina!

TulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger Club
TulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger ClubTulsaSaint 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed*Saints*Fan View Post
Uh last time we picked a project player what happened???? Oh yeah one of the top 2 te's in the league.
Actually the last project player was...

Al Woods.
Which means their is only thing remaining for me to do: You must start the Revolution without Me. For I'm to be gone at some point in this life, as we all destined to be, you must gather your strengths, use your wits and cunning to infiltrate this system and take it over.
TulsaSaint is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #30
Pro-Bowler

BuddyS is a jewel in the rough
BuddyS is a jewel in the roughBuddyS is a jewel in the roughBuddyS is a jewel in the roughBuddyS is a jewel in the roughBuddyS is a jewel in the roughBuddyS is a jewel in the roughBuddyS is a jewel in the roughBuddyS is a jewel in the roughBuddyS is a jewel in the roughBuddyS is a jewel in the rough
The Saints did trade up to take Al Woods 2 years ago, so they aren't infallible. Let's hope Hicks develops into a contributor...

BuddyS is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #31
Super Moderator

Rugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club Member
Rugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaSaint View Post
Actually the last project player was...

Al Woods.
I have read a few people associate him with Al Woods (I am not saying you are in this case, but it rang the bell in my mind). Maybe it is the LSU/DT connection for some? I did not like the Al Woods pick. He was a highly recruited player that never showed the drive to make it in college. I had no faith that he would translate into something else in the NFL.

Hicks had to struggle to find this point in the road. He had to show drive to get to this point in his life. To me that is the biggest difference. Woods was a physically gifted kid that did not have drive. Hicks seems to be gifted and has a "no giveup" attitude. I would be lying if I told you I knew much about him, but I was familiar with him going into the draft. He seemed like a raw prospect from what I was reading predraft. The more I learn about him the more I like his demeanor and mindset. Who knows how he will turn out, but I like "feel" of the person portrayed in the interviews.

Lelito Has Become the Forum's Whipping Boy Before Ever Snapping the Ball
Rugger is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:27 AM   #32
Veteran Starter

throwbeezay will become famous soon enoughthrowbeezay will become famous soon enoughthrowbeezay will become famous soon enoughthrowbeezay will become famous soon enoughthrowbeezay will become famous soon enoughthrowbeezay will become famous soon enoughthrowbeezay will become famous soon enoughthrowbeezay will become famous soon enough
some of y'all are ruthless. dude gave his opinion whats the big deal
throwbeezay is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #33
Super Forum Fanatic

RJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true Saint
RJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true SaintRJ in Lafayette is a true Saint
I have no problem with contrary or unpopular opinions if supported by facts and reason. In fact, I seem in recent weeks to be the wrong side on a number of issues.

And unlike the pick of Graham, who just showed so much potential and with good reason did not have a resume of great college production, the Hicks selection gives me some concern.

But I am bothered by the above posts with their emphasis on past Saint signings who did not live up to the hopes of some on Internet forums. Why the talk of past failures, which suggests an authenticity issue or an agenda?
RJ in Lafayette is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2012, 01:35 AM   #34
Hall-of-Famer

DeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to all
DeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to all
Bison Sports

Here's a list of Manitoba's roster. There are no FB listed named Chad.
DeuceMcAllisterFan is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:36 AM   #35
Pro-Bowler

bequick has a spectacular aura aboutbequick has a spectacular aura aboutbequick has a spectacular aura aboutbequick has a spectacular aura aboutbequick has a spectacular aura aboutbequick has a spectacular aura aboutbequick has a spectacular aura aboutbequick has a spectacular aura aboutbequick has a spectacular aura aboutbequick has a spectacular aura aboutbequick has a spectacular aura aboutbequick has a spectacular aura aboutbequick has a spectacular aura aboutbequick has a spectacular aura about
Well, sounds like a big project. Coaching is going to be key. Let's see what the future holds. I know the poster feels a certain way from playing against him, one has to respect that. If the poster is lying, then that is just poor taste; however, listen and time will tell.

Personally I would like to have a more proven player.
bequick is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2012, 01:38 AM   #36
Super Forum Fanatic

saintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Club
saintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Clubsaintsfan26 50K Burger Club
Not sure what the OP is complaining about. I searched Manitoba vs Regina 2011 stats and found this:
Hicks was 2nd on the team in tackles for that game with 5 tackles, which included 2 sacks and a forced fumble. Regina won the game, and the OP claimed to be #30, a fullback who was not on any stat. Had 0 carries for 0 yds.
Manitoba vs Regina (Sep 30, 2011)
saintsfan26 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #37
Rookie

Chad1886 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMcAllisterFan View Post
Bison Sports

Here's a list of Manitoba's roster. There are no FB listed named Chad.
Bisons win Homecoming Game at U of M - Winnipeg Free Press

Eligibility was up last year. Proof is in the pudding like you said. Look up 2010 stats.
Chad1886 is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:42 AM   #38
Hall-of-Famer

DeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to all
DeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to allDeuceMcAllisterFan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad1886 View Post
Bisons win Homecoming Game at U of M - Winnipeg Free Press

Eligibility was up last year. Proof is in the pudding like you said.
Posted: 09/19/2009

Right....He played in the 2010/2011 season and 2011/2012 season at Regina.
DeuceMcAllisterFan is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #39
Super Moderator

Rugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club Member
Rugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMcAllisterFan View Post
Posted: 09/19/2009

Right....He played in the 2010/2011 season and 2011/2012 season at Regina.
He said that he played him twice. They played Regina twice on the 2010-11 schedule.

Bison Sports

Lelito Has Become the Forum's Whipping Boy Before Ever Snapping the Ball
Rugger is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #40
Rookie

Chad1886 has disabled reputation
Played the 2009/2010 and the 2010/2011 season which faced nicks twice. After that eligibility was up. Happy?
Chad1886 is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:08 AM   #41
Administrator

mvtrucking is a true Saintmvtrucking is a true Saintmvtrucking is a true Saintmvtrucking is a true Saintmvtrucking is a true Saintmvtrucking is a true Saint
mvtrucking is a true Saintmvtrucking is a true Saintmvtrucking is a true Saintmvtrucking is a true Saintmvtrucking is a true Saintmvtrucking is a true Saintmvtrucking is a true Saintmvtrucking is a true Saint

Awards Showcase
Predict the Score Winner Audio/Video/News Contributions Award 
Total Awards: 2

I think most fans trust the coaching staff of our team, and when they all basically said this guy was their consensus #1 at the top of their board, I feel good about him since they do. Geaux Saints!!

Old 04-28-2012, 02:09 AM   #42
Super Forum Fanatic

SaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
SaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
well who knows, seemed early for a project with some players like ron brooks on the board, but we do need youth at Dt and i love his reach and size so , let see spags coach the kid up

Don't light the Dynamite
SaintsJunkie is offline Reply With Quote