home
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Latest Poll
It's been reported that Graham is looking for $12 mill/yr. You are Loomis, what would you do?
Give him the 12 mill per year
Give him Gronkowski money plus a little bit
Franchise tag him as a TE
Franchise tag him as a WR
Franchise tag him and try to trade him
Let him walk
Sponsored Ads

Old 12-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
Our new Saints fan!

bergeaux has disabled reputation
How the our Saints can still make it to SuperBowl in NY

OK, so let me start and say it... right now I do not see us beating Seattle in Seattle. Whatever it is, they have us on the road.

With that said... Here it is, how we still do it.

First and foremost, we need to get the 2 seed. We must beat Car and take the div. However, maybe it's good for Car to win the other two games and finish 11-5.

We also need SF to win out and get some confidence. Especially if they beat Seattle at home next week. (please?)

All the above would not be crazy. Here's where it gets hard. One of those two has to go to Seattle in the Divisional round and stun Seattle. Carolina almost did it before they hit their stride this year. I think SF has a chance mainly because of divisional familiarity.

I still believe we could beat either of those two at home in the NFC Championship.

(Hey I have to have hope somehow. Until I am persuaded that we can beat Seattle at home in the NFCCG, this is my only hope)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
Payton+Ryan+Brees=SB

SaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger Club
SaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger Club

Awards Showcase
Survivor Bowl Champion 
Total Awards: 1

I actually predict we'll make it to the Super Bowl as the #2 seed, with Seattle getting upset in their divisional round game.

My concern is not being able to play well in the Super Bowl itself in sub 32 degree weather (which is guaranteed since it's a night game). Especially if we're going up against a team like New England (favorite from the AFC at this point) who loves to play in cold weather games.

It's almost guaranteed San Fran is the #6 seed behind Carolina. Carolina would have to lose both games to the Saints and San Fran win out to avoid it, since the Jets or Falcons surely aren't beating Carolina. We may face Carolina a 3rd time in the playoffs the way this is all shaking out.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
Hall-of-Famer

natedog is on a distinguished roadnatedog is on a distinguished roadnatedog is on a distinguished roadnatedog is on a distinguished roadnatedog is on a distinguished roadnatedog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSproles View Post
I actually predict we'll make it to the Super Bowl as the #2 seed, with Seattle getting upset in their divisional round game.

My concern is not being able to play well in the Super Bowl itself in sub 32 degree weather (which is guaranteed since it's a night game). Especially if we're going up against a team like New England (favorite from the AFC at this point) who loves to play in cold weather games.

Completely agreed, but one game at a time. . . having a SB in NY is foolish anyway, just making it would be a nice finish ! I don't think Seattle matches up well against San Fran or Carolina. We just need to have some things happen. Playing on the road as under dogs is not such a bad thing either.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
Pro-Bowler

Zztop has a spectacular aura aboutZztop has a spectacular aura aboutZztop has a spectacular aura aboutZztop has a spectacular aura aboutZztop has a spectacular aura aboutZztop has a spectacular aura aboutZztop has a spectacular aura aboutZztop has a spectacular aura aboutZztop has a spectacular aura aboutZztop has a spectacular aura aboutZztop has a spectacular aura aboutZztop has a spectacular aura aboutZztop has a spectacular aura aboutZztop has a spectacular aura aboutZztop has a spectacular aura about
i think det, sf, and car all have a fair chance to beat them in the playoffs, for different reasons but still their fair chance.
Zztop is offline Reply With Quote