Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 10-06-2017, 04:09 PM   #1
<><><><><><><><><><><>

Saintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Saintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club Member
How Saints' Crawley has been the top-graded CB so far (PFF article)

Quote:
New Orleans Saints CB Ken Crawley is PFF’s highest-graded cornerback through Week 4, even though he missed the first two games of the Saints. A big reason for Crawley’s success is his aggressiveness and the number of plays he makes on the ball. While he gave up eight receptions, the former Colorado player got his hands on three passes already, including an interception in the end zone against the Miami Dolphins.
Making plays on the ball was always part of Crawley’s game, as he broke up six passes last season; however, he has been able to elevate his game in 2017 by avoiding giving up big plays. He is yet to give up a reception for more than 20 yards so far, due largely to the fact that he has not missed a single tackle this season compared to his seven missed tackles in 2016.
For more:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...m_campaign=nfl
Saintaholic is offline Reply With Quote

31 out of 31 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:15 PM   #2
Hall-of-Famer

joodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
joodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famerjoodas is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Crawley's playing w/confidence & a new found swag. The whole secondary seems to have it, too.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
Super Forum Fanatic

Krodwhodat Prestigious Gold Club MemberKrodwhodat Prestigious Gold Club MemberKrodwhodat Prestigious Gold Club MemberKrodwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
Krodwhodat Prestigious Gold Club MemberKrodwhodat Prestigious Gold Club MemberKrodwhodat Prestigious Gold Club MemberKrodwhodat Prestigious Gold Club MemberKrodwhodat Prestigious Gold Club MemberKrodwhodat Prestigious Gold Club MemberKrodwhodat Prestigious Gold Club MemberKrodwhodat Prestigious Gold Club MemberKrodwhodat Prestigious Gold Club MemberKrodwhodat Prestigious Gold Club MemberKrodwhodat Prestigious Gold Club MemberKrodwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
Patrick Robinson??

Krodwhodat is offline Reply With Quote

9 out of 12 members found this post helpful.
Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:34 PM   #4
Krispy Kreme

Rdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Rdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club Member
I really hope we don't sit this guy when Breaux comes back
It's picked off! It's picked off! It's Tracy Porter again! He's runnin' free! He's gonna go all the way! Hand outstretched...and it's a Saint touchdown! Seventy yards on the return! Seventy yards on the return by Porter! He did it to Favre, and now he's done it to Manning!
Rdanderson91 is offline Reply With Quote

21 out of 23 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:50 PM   #5
2nd Year Player

dutar76 60K Burger Club
dutar76 60K Burger Clubdutar76 60K Burger Clubdutar76 60K Burger Clubdutar76 60K Burger Clubdutar76 60K Burger Clubdutar76 60K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdanderson91 View Post
Small sample size, but Crawley has looked good. And Crawley till says that PJ is the starter. I don't believe anybody will get sent to the bench when Breaux comes back healthy. I really think he'll have to earn his snaps.

On a bright note for Breaux, he can heal completely and then get into football shape before he comes back as things stand. As long as none of the CBs get hurt or regress... there's no need for him to hurry back.

Quote:
“Forget all the critics. There’s a motivator much more powerful than doubt. I play in honor of those who believe in me.”~ Drew Brees
dutar76 is offline Reply With Quote

8 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:54 PM   #6
The 1 Arm Receiver

AmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
AmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of FamerAmerVet is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
If he is sat down after his on field performance, I'll be sure that we don't have the right coaching staff. Luckily for us, Crawley is making it clear that he owns that spot for the moment.

6 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:16 PM   #7
Super Forum Fanatic

Pa.Saint is a splendid one to beholdPa.Saint is a splendid one to beholdPa.Saint is a splendid one to behold
Pa.Saint is a splendid one to beholdPa.Saint is a splendid one to beholdPa.Saint is a splendid one to beholdPa.Saint is a splendid one to beholdPa.Saint is a splendid one to beholdPa.Saint is a splendid one to beholdPa.Saint is a splendid one to beholdPa.Saint is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy

Quote:
The oft injured Breaux is a talent, but durability is more like Ellerbe

2 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:26 PM   #8
2nd Year Player

dutar76 60K Burger Club
dutar76 60K Burger Clubdutar76 60K Burger Clubdutar76 60K Burger Clubdutar76 60K Burger Clubdutar76 60K Burger Clubdutar76 60K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa.Saint View Post
The oft injured Breaux is a talent, but durability is more like Ellerbe
There was the broke neck he suffered in high school... Then 2 broke bones (same one twice), in 3 years with the saints. Nothing major if anything at all in Canada. I wouldn't put the "oft injured" stigma on broken bones. Bones aren't generally a reoccurring injury. He did get nicked at the end of the year after he returned to the field, but he was returning from that broken leg and wasn't 100%. When an NFL player is playing at less than 100%, his chance of injury increases.

I'm glad that we appear to be doing well in the CB department and will hopefully be able to let him completely heal this time.

Quote:
“Forget all the critics. There’s a motivator much more powerful than doubt. I play in honor of those who believe in me.”~ Drew Brees
dutar76 is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:58 PM   #9
Hall-of-Famer

hookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famerhookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famerhookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famerhookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
hookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famerhookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famerhookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famerhookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famerhookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famerhookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famerhookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famerhookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famerhookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famerhookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famerhookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famerhookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famerhookedsaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
This week Payton said crawley has basically cemented his position. He earned it, it's now his to lose.

Lady Astor also once remarked to Winston Churchill at a Dinner Party, "Winston, you're drunk!" To which, Winston replied: And you're ugly! But I shall be sober in the morning"
hookedsaint is online now Reply With Quote

8 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:25 PM   #10
Subscribing Member

oldJC.SAINTS is a true SaintoldJC.SAINTS is a true SaintoldJC.SAINTS is a true Saint
oldJC.SAINTS is a true SaintoldJC.SAINTS is a true SaintoldJC.SAINTS is a true SaintoldJC.SAINTS is a true SaintoldJC.SAINTS is a true SaintoldJC.SAINTS is a true SaintoldJC.SAINTS is a true SaintoldJC.SAINTS is a true SaintoldJC.SAINTS is a true SaintoldJC.SAINTS is a true SaintoldJC.SAINTS is a true SaintoldJC.SAINTS is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodwhodat View Post
Patrick Robinson??

Yes the Patrick Robinson, he is now a Eagles. He played 4 games and he is the 4th highest graded CB. Let's wait at least another couple of games before crowning Crawley as our saviour.

I hope #20 can keep it though !

5 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:50 PM   #11
Defense Minister- !!

NWSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
NWSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNWSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNWSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNWSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNWSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNWSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNWSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNWSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNWSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNWSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNWSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNWSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNWSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Talk about a hidden gem.... not too shabby for an UDFA!

NW.

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:18 PM   #12
Veteran Starter

AllDay is a glorious beacon of lightAllDay is a glorious beacon of light
AllDay is a glorious beacon of lightAllDay is a glorious beacon of lightAllDay is a glorious beacon of lightAllDay is a glorious beacon of lightAllDay is a glorious beacon of lightAllDay is a glorious beacon of light
Craw-Daddy could be our AJ Bouye. An UDFA that blossoms into a stud CB. Similar size and measurables, but Craw is faster I think.
AllDay is online now Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:25 PM   #13
Veteran Starter

NOLAJM504 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNOLAJM504 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNOLAJM504 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNOLAJM504 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
NOLAJM504 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNOLAJM504 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNOLAJM504 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNOLAJM504 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNOLAJM504 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNOLAJM504 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNOLAJM504 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNOLAJM504 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerNOLAJM504 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
No two ways about it, Crawley is a shut down corner - and he's ours.
NOLAJM504 is online now Reply With Quote

4 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:34 PM   #14
Super Forum Fanatic

stevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Member
stevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Memberstevend Prestigious Gold Club Member
After game 1

https://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/wh...7/#post6866488
stevend is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2017, 08:06 PM   #15
Super Forum Fanatic

renegadewa 50K Burger Clubrenegadewa 50K Burger Clubrenegadewa 50K Burger Clubrenegadewa 50K Burger Clubrenegadewa 50K Burger Clubrenegadewa 50K Burger Club
renegadewa 50K Burger Clubrenegadewa 50K Burger Clubrenegadewa 50K Burger Clubrenegadewa 50K Burger Clubrenegadewa 50K Burger Club
None of any of that surprises me at all.

I liked Crawley last season even as a rookie thrown to the wolves.

He played like a rookie but he flashed some major stones in a really bad situation and now it looks like last season is paying off!!........

.........pull my chain Mr Commissioner.........I dare you!!!
renegadewa is online now Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.