Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 02-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
Subscribing Member

socbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saint
socbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saint
If Robert Woods, WR, USC is there in the second, we should take him.

Oh wait...I really think this guy will be a very productive playmaker in the NFL. It just aggravates the heck out of me that we don't have our second rounder back.
socbe7 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 40 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
Bring us 1 more

SuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to behold
SuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to beholdSuperKid is a splendid one to behold
So how are we going to take him in the 2nd without a Second round pick?

8 out of 10 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
Hall-of-Famer

whodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to behold
whodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to behold
I would rather Stedman Bailey in the 3rd.
whodatdb is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
Super Forum Fanatic

scott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
scott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I'd rather hope Quinton Patton drops to the Saints in the 3rd
scott88 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #5
Pro-Bowler

Fleur de Lies is a jewel in the rough
Fleur de Lies is a jewel in the roughFleur de Lies is a jewel in the roughFleur de Lies is a jewel in the roughFleur de Lies is a jewel in the roughFleur de Lies is a jewel in the roughFleur de Lies is a jewel in the rough
I would rather we give the half dozen guys already on the team a chance before trading up for an unproven rookie.
Fleur de Lies is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
Very Banned

SaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
SaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I really have a thing against USC and LSU players.

I'm a LSU fan, but lets be honest with ourselves.... In the Miles era, name 1 LSU player that has thrived in the NFL?

The closest is Ridley playing for the patriots. The next best would perhaps be sheppard, LB.

What about USC? I can't think of a single one outside of Polamalu which was over a decade ago. Someones gonna say Bush. But he was ok here with the saints and even the Dolphins coaching staff is moving on from him due to frustration of him dancing in the backfiield. So far I would venture to say Ridley is looking to be more successful than Bush.
SaintBrad is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
Super Forum Fanatic

scott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
scott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintBrad View Post

I'm a LSU fan, but lets be honest with ourselves.... In the Miles era, name 1 LSU player that has thrived in the NFL?

The closest is Ridley playing for the patriots. The next best would perhaps be sheppard, LB.

What about USC? I can't think of a single one outside of Polamalu which was over a decade ago. Someones gonna say Bush. But he was ok here with the saints and even the Dolphins coaching staff is moving on from him due to frustration of him dancing in the backfiield.
Patrick Peterson?
scott88 is offline Reply With Quote

12 out of 13 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
Very Banned

SaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
SaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSaintBrad is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott88 View Post
Patrick Peterson?
touche.

But when your talking about 2 top tier college teams producing very little no successful NFL talent in so many years with the exception............ its time to take a hint.
SaintBrad is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #9
Very Banned

purgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to behold
purgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to beholdpurgatorysaint is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

What about USC? I can't think of a single one outside of Polamalu which was over a decade ago. Someones gonna say Bush. But he was ok here with the saints and even the Dolphins coaching staff is moving on from him due to frustration of him dancing in the backfiield.
You might want to add Georgia to that list when it comes to playing for the saints. How many times have been screwed over the years by getting someone from UGA? And please don't tell me Stinch was worth a 2nd round pick.

I guess you haven't heard of Clay Matthews, Patrick Petersen, Brian Cushing, and Ryan Khalil.
purgatorysaint is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #10
Super Forum Fanatic

Firecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Firecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:

What about USC? I can't think of a single one outside of Polamalu which was over a decade ago. Someones gonna say Bush. But he was ok here with the saints and even the Dolphins coaching staff is moving on from him due to frustration of him dancing in the backfiield. So far I would venture to say Ridley is looking to be more successful than Bush.
Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing went to USC and have done pretty well, Sammy Knight went to USC as well who was pretty boss when he was a Saint.
Firecross is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #11
All-Pro

TurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to behold
TurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to behold
yeah lets add to our already ridiculously deep position that already has to share touches with our receiving backs and just forget about our historically bad defense. oh and lets do it with a pick we don't even have. smh
TurboWhoDat is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #12
Subscribing Member

socbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saint
socbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saintsocbe7 is a true Saint
Seems like some people didn't do too hot on reading comprehension. That's what the "oh wait.." was for. The point being, if we had gotten our second rounder back, it'd be like having a freebee. Regardless of need, you go BPA. I think Woods is the best receiver in this class. Maybe not as far as the physical attributes go, but he'll be very productive for a long time. He has great hands and is fundamentally sound in his technique.

The argument of discriminating against a player because of their school is ignorant. Where you went to school does not dictate whether or not you will be successful at the next level. A school like USC or LSU will naturally have more players drafted than a Hofstra, so you'll see a lot more busts.
socbe7 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #13
Super Forum Fanatic

SaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
SaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
rather get this guy late: tyrone Goard 6'7" 4.5 40 needs to put on some muscle, but can get as a FA

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Tyrone Goard

Don't light the Dynamite
SaintsJunkie is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #14

stillwhodat is an unknown quantity at this point
to be honest if we had a second round pick a wr isnt where we need to be going. We seem to find wr's in fa.. this draft is defense top heavy and the more athletic young guys we can get the better.. But this is a mute point cause we dont have a second round pick
stillwhodat is offline Reply With Quote