Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 04-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #1

BGWhoDat is an unknown quantity at this point
If we had the first pick in the draft..(Merged)

Who would you choose?

As in, if we could have any player available in the draft, who would be the player we should select?

Not scenario wise.
BGWhoDat is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
Official gum of champions

ChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
ChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Always BPA
Then trade
ChopperSaint is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
All-Pro

saintsmarchin is marching in
saintsmarchin is marching insaintsmarchin is marching insaintsmarchin is marching insaintsmarchin is marching insaintsmarchin is marching insaintsmarchin is marching insaintsmarchin is marching insaintsmarchin is marching insaintsmarchin is marching insaintsmarchin is marching insaintsmarchin is marching in
Trade down and get more picks. We have Drew Brees.. dont need either one of those guys.

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperSaint View Post
Always BPA
Then trade
I know what you're getting at. I meant more-so, if we could choose any player we wanted available, who would be the pick. Not scenario wise, lol. Should have specified.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #5

ChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of FamerChopperSaint is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGWhoDat View Post
I know what you're getting at. I meant more-so, if we could choose any player we wanted available, who would be the pick. Not scenario wise, lol. Should have specified.
If you are asking what player would help the Saints the most in year 1 it would be Ryan Kilil.

But that would be an awful reach.
Any GM that would do that in this draft would be fired on the spot.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #6
Rookie

SteveNBFD has disabled reputation
Claiborne!!
SteveNBFD is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki

CaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
CaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
We need a blue chip pass rusher. There are none in this draft. I'd like to get out of the pick.
CaliSaint4Life is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #8

Quote:
If you are asking what player would help the Saints the most in year 1 it would be Ryan Kilil.

But that would be an awful reach.
Any GM that would do that in this draft would be fired on the spot.
That's what I'm getting at. I just put the first pick to take away from the "who knows if he'd be available" argument if I said "if we had a first round pick."

Old 04-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #9
More than 15K posts served!

bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
Claiborne.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGWhoDat View Post
That's what I'm getting at. I just put the first pick to take away from the "who knows if he'd be available" argument if I said "if we had a first round pick."
A good way to ask your question would be to ask what the Saints would do if they had the 3rd pick of the draft.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #11

Quote:
A good way to ask your question would be to ask what the Saints would do if they had the 3rd pick of the draft.
That would have worked also.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #12
Me & Jimmy Graham

NewOrleansHotBoy is a BEAST!NewOrleansHotBoy is a BEAST!NewOrleansHotBoy is a BEAST!NewOrleansHotBoy is a BEAST!NewOrleansHotBoy is a BEAST!NewOrleansHotBoy is a BEAST!NewOrleansHotBoy is a BEAST!NewOrleansHotBoy is a BEAST!NewOrleansHotBoy is a BEAST!NewOrleansHotBoy is a BEAST!NewOrleansHotBoy is a BEAST!NewOrleansHotBoy is a BEAST!
If we had that pick, we could clean up by trading it! Wow I can't even imagine the picks Loomis would get!
NewOrleansHotBoy is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrleansHotBoy View Post
Wow I can't even imagine the picks Goodell would steal!
Fixed your post

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Fixed your post
I lol'd.