New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #1
Hall-of-Famer

treeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
treeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Jairus Byrd?

Report: Bills unlikely to tag Byrd or sign him before free agency

Posted by Josh Alper on March 2, 2014, 1:04 PM EST

Bills General Manager Doug Whaley said that every option was on the table in regard to safety Jairus Byrd as he approaches free agency, but it appears that the Bills have eliminated one of those options just before the deadline to use the franchise tag.

And despite making what Buscaglia reports was a ”substantial” offer for a contract that would keep Byrd off the open market, it also looks unlikely that the Bills will be able to sign Byrd before free agency opens on March 11.

Report: Bills unlikely to tag Byrd or sign him before free agency | ProFootballTalk

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
Sarang Upso

Jackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Jackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
He was supposedly offered a big contract, I don't see anyway Saints pay any non Saints free agent big $$$

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #3
Pro-Bowler

Saint Snide is a BEAST!Saint Snide is a BEAST!Saint Snide is a BEAST!Saint Snide is a BEAST!Saint Snide is a BEAST!Saint Snide is a BEAST!Saint Snide is a BEAST!Saint Snide is a BEAST!Saint Snide is a BEAST!Saint Snide is a BEAST!Saint Snide is a BEAST!
Wouldn't mind it. We can use a true FS. But he is way out of our price range if he wants $8m a yr

Who Dat!!!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
WHOODY WHOOO!!!

LetsGetWaffles is a splendid one to beholdLetsGetWaffles is a splendid one to beholdLetsGetWaffles is a splendid one to behold
LetsGetWaffles is a splendid one to beholdLetsGetWaffles is a splendid one to beholdLetsGetWaffles is a splendid one to beholdLetsGetWaffles is a splendid one to beholdLetsGetWaffles is a splendid one to beholdLetsGetWaffles is a splendid one to beholdLetsGetWaffles is a splendid one to beholdLetsGetWaffles is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackavelli View Post
He was supposedly offered a big contract, I don't see anyway Saints pay any non Saints free agent big $$$
Maybe he's someone that'd rather win and play for a good organization and make less $ instead of staying w a flailing organization and making a couple million more a year...? We won't know until he is actually signed by a team, but I think he wants to win. Just call it a hunch.

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
Okay,who brought the dog?

Superfan is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Superfan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuperfan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuperfan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuperfan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuperfan is a future SR.com Hall of FamerSuperfan is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Defense wins championships. Give our offense a short field and an extra possession.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #6
Krispy Kreme

Rdanderson91 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRdanderson91 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRdanderson91 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRdanderson91 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Rdanderson91 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRdanderson91 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRdanderson91 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRdanderson91 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRdanderson91 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRdanderson91 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRdanderson91 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRdanderson91 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRdanderson91 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRdanderson91 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerRdanderson91 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
damn i was hopeful of getting him but no way we could pay $8

Old 03-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #7
Hall-of-Famer

treeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
treeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famertreeduck is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdanderson91 View Post
damn i was hopeful of getting him but no way we could pay $8
Well $8 would be fine but yeah $8 million is a bit steep.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:27 PM   #8
Pro-Bowler

mountaineerdude is a jewel in the rough
mountaineerdude is a jewel in the rough
no thanks. way to expensive ...

Old 03-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #9
TBK
Subscribing Member

TBK is marching in
TBK is marching inTBK is marching inTBK is marching inTBK is marching inTBK is marching inTBK is marching inTBK is marching inTBK is marching inTBK is marching inTBK is marching inTBK is marching inTBK is marching inTBK is marching inTBK is marching in
I don't see how we can shell out at least $8 million a year. Thanks Jimmy.
Long offseason got you down? Check out my articles about Saints rookies, unit breakdowns, game previews and reviews, and more at Cover32.com and follow me on Twitter for updates, notes, and news on the Black and Gold.

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #10
I was there!

Nevimeister is a jewel in the rough
Nevimeister is a jewel in the roughNevimeister is a jewel in the roughNevimeister is a jewel in the roughNevimeister is a jewel in the roughNevimeister is a jewel in the roughNevimeister is a jewel in the roughNevimeister is a jewel in the roughNevimeister is a jewel in the rough
Would love this guy, second best FS in the league behind Earl Thomas. However, no way we can afford him

Old 03-02-2014, 04:34 PM   #11
Sarang Upso

Jackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Jackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I normally lean toward not bringing in high priced players unless its a top QB. Draft well and bring in pieces in FA.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:39 PM   #12
Super Forum Fanatic

SaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
SaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaintsJunkie is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Love to get this guy, safeties are relatively cheap, even the best ones, also the cap will expand next year with a new tv deal, so it's possible but we would have to fix the Graham deal or get two 1st round picks

Don't light the Dynamite

Old 03-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #13
Oye
tight like hallways

Oye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club Member
Oye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club Member

19 out of 19 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #14
The Phenom

FLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true Saint
FLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true Saint
Quote:
Among the options the Bills reportedly considered was tagging Byrd with the intention of trading him, but the possibility that they would face another protracted holdout from Byrd if they couldn’t find a taker in a trade helped quash that notion. Byrd would make $8.3 million if tagged after being tagged last year.
I think a FS of his caliber is worth it.
-FLASH __________________

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Closed Thread