New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 04:05 PM   #15
Pro-Bowler

mountaineerdude has a spectacular aura aboutmountaineerdude has a spectacular aura aboutmountaineerdude has a spectacular aura aboutmountaineerdude has a spectacular aura aboutmountaineerdude has a spectacular aura aboutmountaineerdude has a spectacular aura aboutmountaineerdude has a spectacular aura aboutmountaineerdude has a spectacular aura aboutmountaineerdude has a spectacular aura aboutmountaineerdude has a spectacular aura aboutmountaineerdude has a spectacular aura aboutmountaineerdude has a spectacular aura aboutmountaineerdude has a spectacular aura aboutmountaineerdude has a spectacular aura aboutmountaineerdude has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by oye View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ....

Old 03-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #16
SR is my life!

birdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
birdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASH View Post
I think a FS of his caliber is worth it.
I also think so....this is the player I was high about as soon the season ended. Face it....if we go after a FS in the draft, he might not be ready next year...we need a FS in the worst way this upcoming season. That is the only "real need" on D......everything else could stay as it is.

And if the Saints trade JG, then this option will be coming up in the most major way. Then $8mill/year for J Byrd is well worth it.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:29 PM   #17
Sarang Upso

Jackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Jackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJackavelli is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
I also think so....this is the player I was high about as soon the season ended. Face it....if we go after a FS in the draft, he might not be ready next year...we need a FS in the worst way this upcoming season. That is the only "real need" on D......everything else could stay as it is.

And if the Saints trade JG, then this option will be coming up in the most major way. Then $8mill/year for J Byrd is well worth it.
Who are you comfortable with as the #2 CB ?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:13 PM   #18
Super Forum Fanatic

TruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
TruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
i will say this, there is NO better FS who would could put next to KV.

KV is our hard hitter, lockdown cover safety

byrd is a ball hawking machine

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #19
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Ryan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackavelli View Post
You beat me to it. I'm a lot more comfortable with Rafael Bush than any of our corners after Lewis.

As for Byrd, I would love to have him but not at the expense of Graham.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #20
Super Forum Fanatic

TruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTruSaint is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
You beat me to it. I'm a lot more comfortable with Rafael Bush than any of our corners after Lewis.

As for Byrd, I would love to have him but not at the expense of Graham.
I think if you got rid of graham you could afford byrd and a viable 2nd CB

Old 03-02-2014, 06:39 PM   #21
Super Forum Fanatic

or instead of byrd with the money u save from graham you could afford Louis Delmas and either talib, verner, or vontae davis.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #22
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Ryan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura aboutRyan has a spectacular aura about
Yeah but then our offense would be mediocre.

Old 03-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #23
Super Forum Fanatic

Quote:
why were we a #1 offense before graham then?

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #24
Oye
tight like hallways

Oye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club Member
Oye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club MemberOye Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
this sort of begs another question, though

considering the talent and aggregate age on each side of the ball, are we at or approaching a point where we invest on the defensive side of the ball at the expense of signing Graham and other high-priced offensive players?

We've put money into Brees, Evans, Colston, Grubbs, Sproles, and now (possibly) Graham.

As those players age and slow a bit, do we look at the young strength we have on the D and say - maybe - we start investing there? That part of our 'succession plan' includes more an emphasis on one side of the ball as opposed to, say, specifically looking for Brees's successor?

I'm not really advocating one path or another - just thinking of viability after reading your response.

I don't know that our offense would ever be mediocre with Brees. Slipping would be above average rather than elite. And can that win another Super Bowl with a better defense? And is that formula more sustainable than throwing cash at offensive positions?

Interesting crossroads this might turn out to be the next season or two.

Never thought I'd say that a season ago, just after Spags.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:03 PM   #25
Devine Obliteration

SaintStephen is a name known to allSaintStephen is a name known to all
SaintStephen is a name known to allSaintStephen is a name known to allSaintStephen is a name known to allSaintStephen is a name known to allSaintStephen is a name known to allSaintStephen is a name known to allSaintStephen is a name known to allSaintStephen is a name known to allSaintStephen is a name known to allSaintStephen is a name known to allSaintStephen is a name known to allSaintStephen is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oye View Post

considering the talent and aggregate age on each side of the ball, are we at or approaching a point where we invest on the defensive side of the ball at the expense of signing Graham and other high-priced offensive players?

We've put money into Brees, Evans, Colston, Grubbs, Sproles, and now (possibly) Graham.

As those players age and slow a bit, do we look at the young strength we have on the D and say - maybe - we start investing there? That part of our 'succession plan' includes more an emphasis on one side of the ball as opposed to, say, specifically looking for Brees's successor?

I'm not really advocating one path or another - just thinking of viability after reading your response.

I don't know that our offense would ever be mediocre with Brees. Slipping would be above average rather than elite. And can that win another Super Bowl with a better defense? And is that formula more sustainable than throwing cash at offensive positions?

Interesting point. We almost have to step back from fandom to really see what the organization has planned from a long term, almost macro standpoint. It seemed to me that SP deliberately slowed down the pace of the game to give our D some breathers at some points this season. If this is true, did this lead to our D playing as well as they did, or can they hold up playing with a no-huddle, rhythm O like we all think should be done? Only the staff knows where they intend to take this team roster-wise. I'm interested to see how we build the team from here on as well.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:49 PM   #26
SR is my life!

birdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
birdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famerbirdog is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oye View Post

But didn't we do the exact same thing with the D, when we built up the offense? The D was pretty much an afterthought.....The O was carrying the torch. So now is the D's turn.I would like balance for sure, but the D is real close now, and stopping building the D would be neglect, at this point.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:58 PM   #27
SR is my life!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackavelli View Post
Right now, nobody.....Robinson nor White are starters, but both of them can be used if nobody else is available. But the same goes for other positions as well.....we can get by with the ILB s we have...same goes for the OLBs as well. All these positions could be upgraded, but we can squeze out another year with what we have right now.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #28
Oye
tight like hallways

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
But didn't we do the exact same thing with the D, when we built up the offense? The D was pretty much an afterthought.....The O was carrying the torch. So now is the D's turn.I would like balance for sure, but the D is real close now, and stopping building the D would be neglect, at this point.
Either I am not following what you just wrote or you didn't follow what I wrote.

Closed Thread