New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Latest Poll
Grade the Saints 2014 Draft
A
B
C
D
F
Sponsored Ads

Old 08-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
Veteran

saintsspurs86 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintsspurs86 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintsspurs86 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintsspurs86 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintsspurs86 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintsspurs86 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintsspurs86 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintsspurs86 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintsspurs86 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintsspurs86 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintsspurs86 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintsspurs86 has a spectacular aura aboutsaintsspurs86 has a spectacular aura about
Jermon Bushrod

i know the Bears have 2 games through which to judge, compared to New Orleans 1 game so far, but that being said, Jermon Bushrod has looked solid at LT up n Chicago, pretty much all around, in run blocking and pass protection. he has looked pretty good, certainly more solid than anyone who showed up against KC last week. now, this is simply an observation. im not saying we should regret letting him walk. there is obviously still plenty of time left for someone to step up for the Saints and earn that job. and obviously with Drew Brees ability to move and avoid pressure in the pocket about aswell as any QB in the league, the LT position in New Orleans may not be as necessary to find elite talent at as it would be for most other teams, as can be highlighted by the fact that he is one of the least sacked QBs in the league since coming to New Orleans despite never having elite talent there. but, that being said, it would be nice if we could find someone to really make that position their own in the next couple weeks, because any weakness along the line that puts Drew at risk is obviously not something the Saints can afford to have. and Bushrod has really looked solid. if Charles Brown can even look like half of what Bushrod looked like the last couple games, i will start to feel a little better about this.... just an observation. dont need a whole bunch of people overreacting to this. just saying what i saw after the Bears game last night. im not saying i want Bushrod back. im just hoping somebody really steps up and shows some signs of life for us
saintsspurs86 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 14 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #2
The Voice of Reason

RaisingTheBar is a true SaintRaisingTheBar is a true SaintRaisingTheBar is a true SaintRaisingTheBar is a true SaintRaisingTheBar is a true Saint
RaisingTheBar is a true SaintRaisingTheBar is a true SaintRaisingTheBar is a true SaintRaisingTheBar is a true SaintRaisingTheBar is a true SaintRaisingTheBar is a true SaintRaisingTheBar is a true SaintRaisingTheBar is a true SaintRaisingTheBar is a true SaintRaisingTheBar is a true SaintRaisingTheBar is a true SaintRaisingTheBar is a true Saint
Definitely shouldn't regret letting him walk. He is a solid player but that is all he is. I was upset when we traded Jamaal Brown and was like who in the hell is Bushrod. We will be OK.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
All-Pro

cki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to behold
cki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to behold
This team does not overpay tackles. He was solid here but he wasn't great by any means. In fact, I remember during the Super Bowl year some national writer put out a column that named him the worst starting left tacke for a playoff team ever. Now, that was garbage, but he was just a solid player, not great and certainly not worth the money Chicago gave him. Chicago was desperate...their line was awful.
cki3915 is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT

cdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Club
cdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Clubcdogg 50K Burger Club
Brown looked good for us.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
Very Banned

saintly179 is a name known to allsaintly179 is a name known to all
saintly179 is a name known to allsaintly179 is a name known to allsaintly179 is a name known to allsaintly179 is a name known to allsaintly179 is a name known to allsaintly179 is a name known to allsaintly179 is a name known to allsaintly179 is a name known to allsaintly179 is a name known to allsaintly179 is a name known to allsaintly179 is a name known to all
He looked ok, but not to the point where I regret that we let him go. And u'd better believe that he'll get exposed at some point this season...preferably against us
saintly179 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

los226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to behold
los226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to behold
He looked better than the rest of their o-line IMO. Solid upgrade for them and I wish him the best of luck.
los226 is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #7
ppfffffttttt
Candy Tetris Champion Mahjong Champion Bounce Back Champion

efil4stnias has disabled reputation
you do understand that our OL scheme is more guard than tackle, correct?

Its been hashed and re-hashed several times over the past year here. Its not a secret and why we paid Evans, tried w/ Nicks, but then got Grubbs to replace him.

I think we will be ok. Not great at the T position but good enough to keep Drew relatively clean from the backside. After all, its the pocket he needs. Thats what Evans and Grubbs are for.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #8
NOLA/ATX/San Antone Saint

sleepingbunch is a jewel in the rough
sleepingbunch is a jewel in the roughsleepingbunch is a jewel in the roughsleepingbunch is a jewel in the roughsleepingbunch is a jewel in the roughsleepingbunch is a jewel in the roughsleepingbunch is a jewel in the roughsleepingbunch is a jewel in the roughsleepingbunch is a jewel in the rough
I'm happy he's doing well. Being that he's good and not spectacular, he's a HUGE upgrade in Chicago with their crappy O-Line, and we'll most probably do fine paying Charles Brown less to fill the same role.

All in all, a win for both sides. Wish Bushrod the best of luck.
sleepingbunch is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #9
SR is my life!

Joseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Joseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I'm one of the posters who wanted us to resign Bushrod, not because he's great but because he's solid and Brown has been unreliable due to injuries. Hopefully, it all works out, but letting him walk was a gamble.
Joseph Guidry is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
Me Worry?

Ti Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Ti Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Ummm.....anyone ever thought it might not be Bushrod and it might just be Aaron Kromer's techniques/schemes?
Ti Rider is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #11
Hall of Famer

CajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true Saint
CajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
Definitely shouldn't regret letting him walk. He is a solid player but that is all he is. I was upset when we traded Jamaal Brown.
Another player we unloaded right before he broke down and didn't overpay to keep around.

Loomis has done well with this...almost to the point of amazing.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
Pro-Bowler

Big Ugly has disabled reputation
I would respectfully disagree with the OP. I hoped they could reach a deal with Bushrod simply because he's adequate in our scheme and continuity is a big plus. I was not convinced Brown was the answer but I think he showed up against KC and played MUCH better than I saw Bushrod play last night(not that I focussed on him). Bushrod had a "nice" block an NFL OT should make (hardly "outstanding" as they called it on the NFL network this morning) on Forte's long run that got him on the highlights this morning which I think left the impression that he was generally very good last night. But I also noticed him whiff badly on 2 others. He gave up pressure at least once. I don't recall Brown having those issues at all last week.
Big Ugly is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #13
Hispanic causing panic

Suavecito8 is a splendid one to beholdSuavecito8 is a splendid one to beholdSuavecito8 is a splendid one to behold
Suavecito8 is a splendid one to beholdSuavecito8 is a splendid one to beholdSuavecito8 is a splendid one to beholdSuavecito8 is a splendid one to beholdSuavecito8 is a splendid one to beholdSuavecito8 is a splendid one to beholdSuavecito8 is a splendid one to beholdSuavecito8 is a splendid one to beholdSuavecito8 is a splendid one to beholdSuavecito8 is a splendid one to beholdSuavecito8 is a splendid one to behold
Jay Cutler is going to get murdered again behind that line. Bushrod looked alright which was all he was when he was here.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #14
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

larryscope is a glorious beacon of light
larryscope is a glorious beacon of lightlarryscope is a glorious beacon of lightlarryscope is a glorious beacon of lightlarryscope is a glorious beacon of lightlarryscope is a glorious beacon of lightlarryscope is a glorious beacon of lightlarryscope is a glorious beacon of lightlarryscope is a glorious beacon of lightlarryscope is a glorious beacon of lightlarryscope is a glorious beacon of lightlarryscope is a glorious beacon of lightlarryscope is a glorious beacon of lightlarryscope is a glorious beacon of lightlarryscope is a glorious beacon of lightlarryscope is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsspurs86 View Post
i know the Bears have 2 games through which to judge, compared to New Orleans 1 game so far, but that being said, Jermon Bushrod has looked solid at LT up n Chicago, pretty much all around, in run blocking and pass protection. he has looked pretty good, certainly more solid than anyone who showed up against KC last week. now, this is simply an observation. im not saying we should regret letting him walk. there is obviously still plenty of time left for someone to step up for the Saints and earn that job. and obviously with Drew Brees ability to move and avoid pressure in the pocket about aswell as any QB in the league, the LT position in New Orleans may not be as necessary to find elite talent at as it would be for most other teams, as can be highlighted by the fact that he is one of the least sacked QBs in the league since coming to New Orleans despite never having elite talent there. but, that being said, it would be nice if we could find someone to really make that position their own in the next couple weeks, because any weakness along the line that puts Drew at risk is obviously not something the Saints can afford to have. and Bushrod has really looked solid. if Charles Brown can even look like half of what Bushrod looked like the last couple games, i will start to feel a little better about this.... just an observation. dont need a whole bunch of people overreacting to this. just saying what i saw after the Bears game last night. im not saying i want Bushrod back. im just hoping somebody really steps up and shows some signs of life for us
What games have you been watching? Other than the block on Forte's long run, what was so special about Bushrod's performance? And what was so subpar about Brown's?
larryscope is online now Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.