Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 02-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #1
Super Forum Fanatic

scott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
scott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Jimmy Graham could seek up to $12 million annually on his next contract

According to Yahoo! Sports, Jimmy Graham could seek up to $12 million annually on his next contract.

A league source tells Jason Cole that Graham is keeping a close eye on the Jared Cook case in Tennessee where he's staring at the franchise tag. The franchise number for tight ends is around $6 million, while the franchise number for a wide receiver is just north of $10 million. Cook is expected to seek the receiver money if he indeed is tagged, and it's "important" to Graham that Cook wins that fight. Both Cook and Graham line up more in the slot than on the line. Graham is entering the final year of his rookie deal, and he's due just $1.323 million.

Y! SPORTS
Saints need to intentionally line Graham up at TE next season
scott88 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
Who Dat Supporter.!!

Bala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to all
Bala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to all
I Seriously hope he isn't let go dude. Seeing Graham leave would hurt. I hate those type of emotions you get in the offseason when your favorite players might leave. I can see them Franchising him but still hope he makes that deal and remains a little team friendly. But I doubt it since he is young and wants to strike it big with a bomb contract.
Bala Lowkz is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #3
Hall of Famer

CajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true Saint
CajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true SaintCajunSaint is a true Saint
No wonder they haven't started talking yet.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
The Phenom

FLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true Saint
FLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true SaintFLASH is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala Lowkz View Post
I Seriously hope he isn't let go dude. Seeing Graham leave would hurt. I hate those type of emotions you get in the offseason when your favorite players might leave. I can see them Franchising him but still hope he makes that deal and remains a little team friendly.
Graham isn't going anywhere and that's fact!!!! I assure you, Drew would NEVER let that happen!
FLASH is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 24 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #5
be a light unto yourself

insidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Club
insidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Clubinsidejob 40K Burger Club
I hate unnamed league sources. Usually crap and no one has to take any heat for it.
www.whodatindignation.com Always something, never nothing; isn't that the way we're taught to be? Flipping through the worn out pages and stages where you knew not who to be - til the lightning strike sets you free.
insidejob is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
All-Pro

Darkhorse985 has a spectacular aura aboutDarkhorse985 has a spectacular aura aboutDarkhorse985 has a spectacular aura aboutDarkhorse985 has a spectacular aura aboutDarkhorse985 has a spectacular aura aboutDarkhorse985 has a spectacular aura aboutDarkhorse985 has a spectacular aura aboutDarkhorse985 has a spectacular aura aboutDarkhorse985 has a spectacular aura aboutDarkhorse985 has a spectacular aura aboutDarkhorse985 has a spectacular aura aboutDarkhorse985 has a spectacular aura aboutDarkhorse985 has a spectacular aura aboutDarkhorse985 has a spectacular aura about
I'd rather trade Graham than watch him destroy our salary cap by making $12 million a year. He should make no more than 8 million a year max.

39 out of 48 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #7
Who Dat Supporter.!!

Bala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to all
Bala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to allBala Lowkz is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASH View Post
Graham isn't going anywhere and that's fact!!!! I assure you, Drew would NEVER let that happen!
I thought the same for Carl Nicks buddy.
Bala Lowkz is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #8
One sad panda

bigcarlittlewill is marching in
bigcarlittlewill is marching inbigcarlittlewill is marching inbigcarlittlewill is marching inbigcarlittlewill is marching inbigcarlittlewill is marching inbigcarlittlewill is marching inbigcarlittlewill is marching inbigcarlittlewill is marching inbigcarlittlewill is marching inbigcarlittlewill is marching inbigcarlittlewill is marching in
I know we get emotionally attached to players sometimes, but the business side of football is hard to deal with sometimes.
bigcarlittlewill is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #9
MITCHELL!

brockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saint
brockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saint
Then I wish him luck wherever he ends up after next season. He 100% deserves to be the highest-paid TE in the game, and I hope we find a way to make that happen here. But even he isn't worth $12 million annually with our cap situation.
brockmeaux is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #10
Super Forum Fanatic

scott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
scott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famerscott88 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I'd rather trade him for two 1st round picks
scott88 is offline Reply With Quote

20 out of 20 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #11
All-Pro

NOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to all
NOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to all
that $12 mill number is insane..... Graham is a HUGE matchup problem for any Def, but to put him in the price range of Drew is ridiculous.... if Graham had Sanchez throwing him the ball he would've been a nobody. i think the number should be between $5 - 7 mill per but thats still a bit much.
NOLAnuffsaid is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #12
SR is my life!

El Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger Club
El Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger ClubEl Caliente 50K Burger Club
I could ask for $1,000,000,000 an hour at my next job. Doesn't mean that I will get it.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #13
Hall-of-Famer

Pdlc is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Pdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
If I'm Loomis and he asks for 12 million I would tell him to holla at Drew.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #14
Subscribing Member

bclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Member
bclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Memberbclemms Prestigious Gold Club Member
Want to know why a TE will not get tagged as a WR? Because they are a TE.

Therefore Graham will be playing for the $500k this season. Then next season he'll get tagged at $6 million. The season after that he'll get tagged again for about $7.2 million and by then we'll be talking about the 2016 season and even then his tag number would be $10.5 million if the Saints wanted to tag him again. Now you are talking the 2017 season and he'll be over 30.
bclemms is online now Reply With Quote