New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 09-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #29
Hall-of-Famer

Nightshade is an Sr.com Hall of FamerNightshade is an Sr.com Hall of FamerNightshade is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Nightshade is an Sr.com Hall of FamerNightshade is an Sr.com Hall of FamerNightshade is an Sr.com Hall of FamerNightshade is an Sr.com Hall of FamerNightshade is an Sr.com Hall of FamerNightshade is an Sr.com Hall of FamerNightshade is an Sr.com Hall of FamerNightshade is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
On the off weekends worse comes to worse drive to Ruston and find somewhere to watch the game or if you have dish network find a way to change your address to monroe so you get monroe locals
Nightshade is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #30
I Heard You Were Dead!

Sun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club Member
Sun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club MemberSun Wukong Prestigious Gold Club Member
Shreveport fans get defensive about this, but the reality is the city serves as an economic center of East Texas arguably more than it does Louisiana. It's less than a half hour from the border. The city is FULL of Texas transplants (especially post-Haynseville Shale). The local stations serve East Texas and Arkansas. On any given night, the local news is at least half stories from Texas and Arkansas. Reminds me of the time KSLA (the CBS station) interrupted LSU Auburn to talk about tornados....that were happening in central/east Texas. It sucks, but it's part of their market.

Before Sunday ticket, I had many Sundays ruined because of it. Frankly, I've never understood why we don't get the stations out of Alexandria instead of the ones out of Shreveport. We're about twenty miles closer to the former. But oh well.
Sun Wukong is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #31
SAVE NOLA

inetnawlins is a glorious beacon of light
inetnawlins is a glorious beacon of lightinetnawlins is a glorious beacon of lightinetnawlins is a glorious beacon of lightinetnawlins is a glorious beacon of lightinetnawlins is a glorious beacon of lightinetnawlins is a glorious beacon of lightinetnawlins is a glorious beacon of lightinetnawlins is a glorious beacon of lightinetnawlins is a glorious beacon of lightinetnawlins is a glorious beacon of lightinetnawlins is a glorious beacon of lightinetnawlins is a glorious beacon of lightinetnawlins is a glorious beacon of lightinetnawlins is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRick View Post
I disagree...Most of the Cowboy votes were comming from East Texas and we still won the vote results all but once...Also it said over the last 4 years in Neilson ratings..Why not take the last year or the last 2 years..when I sell radio I am not using the last 4 years or even the last 2 years..I am using the last 4 books (1 year) 2 books (1/2 year) or 1 book (1 season) to show ratings to agencys and clients...BTW Kmss is based out of La not Tx.
According to this site, it is out of Odessa, TX.

Television Stations in Shreveport, Louisiana | eHow.com

and this one

http://investing.businessweek.com/re...vcapId=4577719
inetnawlins is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #32
Veteran

RockinRick has disabled reputation
I guess based was the wrong word to use..I meant "in" La...My 6 radio stations are not based out of La but cater to La even though our coverage area is the same as the tv stations.
RockinRick is offline Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #33
Bring the Wood!

jimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Club
jimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Club
wait.. SOCCER draws higher tv ratings than the NFL up there?

you people are beyond help
jimrip is online now Reply With Quote

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #34
Super Forum Fanatic

Marlboro Man is a splendid one to beholdMarlboro Man is a splendid one to beholdMarlboro Man is a splendid one to behold
Marlboro Man is a splendid one to beholdMarlboro Man is a splendid one to beholdMarlboro Man is a splendid one to beholdMarlboro Man is a splendid one to behold
Then stop watching that channel period. Not just on the game days, all the time. Get together with other fans and family etc. and tell them to not tune in to that channel at all. I'm sure that you can get what ever information you need from another channel. Then call the station and tell them that you are going to boycott their channel and their advertisers until the situation is corrected, then do it and keep doing it until they change it. If you have called them, ask them who their advertisers are and contact them. Let everyone know on SR.com and we'll all boycott their products in protest and you can tell them that. You can tell them that it's not just LA either, that there's fans all over the world that will boycott their products. I'm in.
Marlboro Man is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #35
Veteran

Good job guys and girls..Got a response on kmss's facebook page.."Fox 33 will be airing the Dallas Cowboy game on September 18th. Although the gap has narrowed, Cowboy games are consistently viewed by more people in the Arklatex than Saints games according to Nielsen ratings. (Over the past 4 years..How about the last 2 years or year?) Because of this we have decided to air Cowboy games during conflicting weekends at least for the beginning of this season...September 18th is unusual as both teams play at different times but Fox is airing a single header. On every single header Sunday, Fox will be airing Soccer.
Fox 33 serves viewers in four states. This makes it impossible to please all our viewers during the NFL season. We regret that many fans will be disappointed. As always, we welcome your suggestions and comments" ....Again my question is why are they using 4 years worth of ratings to make this decsision...No advertiser is pitched off of 4 years worth of ratings...I think this decision is coming from the top..Not from the ratings or fans...And they have to realize that we watch Cowboys games because we like to watch them choke like they did last night.

Marlboro Man: Hope you don't mind I posted your comment on their facebook page as a response.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #36
wait, what?

SWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger Club
SWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger ClubSWJJ 40K Burger Club
Obligatory :swjjmad:

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:37 PM   #37
Super Forum Fanatic

Saint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Saint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrip View Post
wait.. SOCCER draws higher tv ratings than the NFL up there?

you people are beyond help
Fox doesn't have the double-header. They have to show something.
Saint Greg is online now Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #38
Veteran

Saint Greg: ..And they chose who?..They could have aired the Saints game and not the Bags!

Old 09-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #39
Super Forum Fanatic

Saint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Saint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSaint Greg is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRick View Post
Saint Greg: ..And they chose who?..They could have aired the Saints game and not the Bags!
I know. I was responding to the implication they chose soccer over the Saints.
Saint Greg is online now Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #40
Bring the Wood!

jimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Club
jimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Clubjimrip 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
Fox doesn't have the double-header. They have to show something.
From the original post:
Attention Saints Fans: If you do not have the Sunday ticket you will NOT be able to watch the Saints this year on KMSS Fox in the conflict weeks (which there are 5..10/2, 10/16, 11,6, 11/13, 1/1) AND this Sunday because they are airing Soccer.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but this clearly makes it sound like even though there is no conflict with the Cowboys this weekend, you will still not be able to see the Saints because of a conflict with soccer. Did I miss something?

edit: just checked the KMSS schedule.. there IS an NFL game on at 3 with the Cowboys. So in effect that is still a Cowboys conflict because Fox can only show 1 game that day.
jimrip is online now Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #41
minion_patriot_drinker

mikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Club
mikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Club
Bye and bye all the old Cowboys fans in Shreveport will pass away due to natural causes. As long as you make sure they raise young Saints fans instead of raising young Cowboy fans Shreveport will eventually heal and raise itself back up to respectable Louisiana city status.
mikaloyd is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #42
minion_patriot_drinker

mikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Club
mikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Clubmikaloyd 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrip View Post
From the original post:
Attention Saints Fans: If you do not have the Sunday ticket you will NOT be able to watch the Saints this year on KMSS Fox in the conflict weeks (which there are 5..10/2, 10/16, 11,6, 11/13, 1/1) AND this Sunday because they are airing Soccer.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but this clearly makes it sound like even though there is no conflict with the Cowboys this weekend, you will still not be able to see the Saints because of a conflict with soccer. Did I miss something?
Fox stations only get to air one NFL game next week. CBS gets the double header. KMSS chose the Cowboy game instead of the Saints game.
mikaloyd is offline Reply With Quote