Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 04-21-2017, 12:18 AM   #1
Lawd Have Mercy!

Infoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Infoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Leonard Fournette scored 11 on Wonderlic test

Journal-Sentinel writer Bob McGinn, in a ranking of the top running backs in the draft, rated Fournette No. 1 and included the Wonderlic score without attribution. McGinn also wrote that No. 3 back Christian McCaffrey scored a 21, Tennessee's Alvin Kamara a 24 and Oklahoma's Joe Mixon a 12.

It consists of 50 multiple choice questions to be answered in 12 minutes. Each question is worth one point. A score of 20 indicates average intelligence. A score of 10 or higher indicates the subject is literate.

Leonard Fournette scored 11 on Wonderlic test: report | NOLA.com

(No point from me, on this one. Just passing the story along. Was a little surprised by the score. I took it once by just picking random answers and not reading a single question and did better than 11)
Infoman is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:21 AM   #2
Official SR twitter team

St.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club Member
St.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSt.Fury Prestigious Platinum Club Member
IMO, that test is mostly irrelevant. I've heard stories of some players not even taking it seriously, and even walking out halfway through.
St.Fury is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 17 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:43 AM   #3
Lawd Have Mercy!

Infoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Infoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of FamerInfoman is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Fury View Post
IMO, that test is mostly irrelevant. I've heard stories of some players not even taking it seriously, and even walking out halfway through.

Agreed. Given the job they are interviewing for... it would seem somewhat irrelevant.

That said, it is a job interview... the biggest of their lives... and this test is part of the interview... taking it seriously may mean something to the team that's about drop millions on you in the long term.

At least I would think it would for some teams anyway.

Like I said... I got better than 11 without reading the questions once... LOL
Infoman is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 14 members found this post helpful.
Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:44 AM   #4
Veteran Starter

Winsett is a name known to allWinsett is a name known to all
Winsett is a name known to allWinsett is a name known to allWinsett is a name known to allWinsett is a name known to allWinsett is a name known to allWinsett is a name known to allWinsett is a name known to allWinsett is a name known to allWinsett is a name known to allWinsett is a name known to all
Quote:
You'd probably be pretty hard pressed to find anyone capable of performing well on it just walk out or not take it seriously though. Smart, competitive people aren't going to pass up a quick and easy opportunity to make themselves look better than their competition.

Also, thanks to the OP for the story link. It was fun to take a sample test. I've always wondered what such a test entails.
Winsett is offline Reply With Quote

13 out of 13 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:47 AM   #5
Krispy Kreme

Rdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Rdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club MemberRdanderson91 Prestigious Gold Club Member
Wonder what josh dobbs scored
It's picked off! It's picked off! It's Tracy Porter again! He's runnin' free! He's gonna go all the way! Hand outstretched...and it's a Saint touchdown! Seventy yards on the return! Seventy yards on the return by Porter! He did it to Favre, and now he's done it to Manning!
Rdanderson91 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:43 AM   #6
We miss you, Will

Alan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger Club
Alan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger ClubAlan12 50K Burger Club
How much is writing your name worth?

Alan12 is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:07 AM   #7
Super Forum Fanatic

saintfan-n-alex is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintfan-n-alex is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintfan-n-alex is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintfan-n-alex is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintfan-n-alex is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
saintfan-n-alex is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintfan-n-alex is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintfan-n-alex is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintfan-n-alex is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintfan-n-alex is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintfan-n-alex is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintfan-n-alex is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintfan-n-alex is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintfan-n-alex is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintfan-n-alex is an Sr.com Hall of Famersaintfan-n-alex is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Walking out halfway through a 12 min test?

“I don’t want anything on my tombstone. I think dead people take up too much space.”
saintfan-n-alex is online now Reply With Quote

15 out of 15 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:30 AM   #8
Hades is frozen.

JRead2 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJRead2 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJRead2 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJRead2 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
JRead2 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJRead2 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJRead2 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJRead2 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJRead2 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJRead2 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJRead2 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJRead2 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerJRead2 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
I disagree. At the NFL level, football is a complex and cerebral game. Players need to be intelligent enough to grasp complex schemes and recognize different actions and behaviors. Athletic ability will only take you so far in today's game -- you need a good combination of ability and intelligence.

Players not taking it seriously, in my opinion, is another red flag.
JRead2 is offline Reply With Quote

18 out of 20 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:45 AM   #9
Super Forum Fanatic

livefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club Member
livefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club MemberlivefromDC Prestigious Platinum Club Member
A red flag? LOL. Every year the probowl is littered with players that bombed this test. You want to take something from it? Players that score poorly on it know they need football more than ever. In recent news, 2 players that scored extremely well on it are now completely out of football and thought with both of them is that they didn't take football seriously enough; Johnny Manziel and neurosurgeon Myron Rolle.

We'd take any of these guys wouldn't we?
Adrian Peterson – 16
A.J. Green – 10
Patrick Peterson – 9
livefromDC is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:45 AM   #10
SR is my life!

Saint Greg Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Greg Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Greg Prestigious Gold Club Member
Saint Greg Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Greg Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Greg Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Greg Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Greg Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Greg Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Greg Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Greg Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Greg Prestigious Gold Club Member
Frank Gore scored a 6. You don't have to be smart to run the football. A quarterback scoring 11 would concern me.
Saint Greg is offline Reply With Quote

13 out of 13 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:48 AM   #11
Who Dat

Saint Floyd has a spectacular aura aboutSaint Floyd has a spectacular aura aboutSaint Floyd has a spectacular aura aboutSaint Floyd has a spectacular aura aboutSaint Floyd has a spectacular aura aboutSaint Floyd has a spectacular aura aboutSaint Floyd has a spectacular aura aboutSaint Floyd has a spectacular aura aboutSaint Floyd has a spectacular aura aboutSaint Floyd has a spectacular aura aboutSaint Floyd has a spectacular aura aboutSaint Floyd has a spectacular aura aboutSaint Floyd has a spectacular aura aboutSaint Floyd has a spectacular aura about
How do schools keep these guys eligible? What a joke "big time" college athletics has become. They sold their souls for cash.
Saint Floyd is offline Reply With Quote

14 out of 14 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:54 AM   #12
Dome Patrol disciple

Geldo has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
Frank Gore scored a 6. You don't have to be smart to run the football. A quarterback scoring 11 would concern me.
Too right, he's paid to be a battering ram not an air traffic controller.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:57 AM   #13
Born/Raised in Hollygrove

Saint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club Member
Saint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club MemberSaint Droopy Prestigious Gold Club Member
It doesn't test for football intelligence. As someone posted, a QB with an 11 is one thing, but not a RB.

Huge List Of NFL Wonderlic Scores By Position | WTS

Dalvin Cook scored an 11 as well.
Revis Island scored a 10.
AJ Green 10.
Torry Holt 11.
Saint Droopy is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:48 AM   #14
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

rob22278 is a true Saintrob22278 is a true Saintrob22278 is a true Saint
rob22278 is a true Saintrob22278 is a true Saintrob22278 is a true Saintrob22278 is a true Saintrob22278 is a true Saintrob22278 is a true Saintrob22278 is a true Saintrob22278 is a true Saintrob22278 is a true Saintrob22278 is a true Saintrob22278 is a true Saintrob22278 is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
Quote:
A score of 10 or higher indicates the subject is literate.

Gore must need his agent to read his contract to him.
rob22278 is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:51 AM   #15
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

bbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
bbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerbbourque5 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Some people may get low scores because they are not good at taking standardized tests. Some people may score low because they have test anxiety. Some people may score low because they didn't really try to get a good score (they just put down some answers because they really didn't care).

Not everyone that scores low on a test is an idiot, that's precisely why these teams bring all these players in and interview them. I'm not making a statement about Fournette, my statement is a general statement. I hate that they publish these scores to the public and embarrass these young men; however, that in itself is probably another test of a player's character in the draft process. How does this player respond to this kind of news coming out about him. But let's not forget, these players are people too, humiliating people for the sake of testing their character would be kind of evil.
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally smishsmarted.
bbourque5 is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 11 members found this post helpful.