New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 04-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #29
Hey! Where's Perry?

gboudx has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Community Service Award 
Total Awards: 1

>>I also would like to try some of your Cajun food I understand that it is quite spicy and good. We have spicy food here but it is from the rather large Indian population.

Gah this always hurts my eyes. Don't think of it as "spicy". It's flavorful food and can be as spicy as you want by adding hot sauce to it. It's certainly not spicy like Indian food is. But this is way off-topic.
gboudx is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #30
Recreational Profiler

yurintroubl is a jewel in the rough
yurintroubl is a jewel in the roughyurintroubl is a jewel in the roughyurintroubl is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintslvr View Post
I travel to the United States on frequent occasion but have never been to New Orleans, Louisiana.

I am a geophysicist for Halliburton and because I can speak in 6 languages (7 counting English) they keep me busy and send me all over the world especially Russia and China.

One of my dreams is to be able to attend a New Orleans Saints game in your Superdome. I understand from this message board that it is very loud there.

When American Football comes to Wembley Stadium it is so bloody hell loud.

The only British crowd I have ever heard that is as loud as when American Football performs here is when we have our soccer championships.

I also would like to try some of your Cajun food I understand that it is quite spicy and good. We have spicy food here but it is from the rather large Indian population.

My company has a presence at a large corporate gathering in New Orleans in October every year at the Breakbulk Conference at your convention center.

Perhaps I can arrange a travel there during that month so I can attend a New Orleans Saints game.

I don't know how to get tickets there though.

The American Football game here in Wembley is basically sold out already according to Ticketmaster.

The schedule should be finalized shortly. Stay in touch with folks here - You should have no trouble getting all the advice and info you need (and perhaps even an "in" on a ticket).

New Orleans has a reputation for its hospitality and SR is a fine extension of that principle.

yurintroubl is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #31

saintslvr is on a distinguished roadsaintslvr is on a distinguished roadsaintslvr is on a distinguished roadsaintslvr is on a distinguished roadsaintslvr is on a distinguished roadsaintslvr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gboudx View Post
>>I also would like to try some of your Cajun food I understand that it is quite spicy and good. We have spicy food here but it is from the rather large Indian population.

Gah this always hurts my eyes. Don't think of it as "spicy". It's flavorful food and can be as spicy as you want by adding hot sauce to it. It's certainly not spicy like Indian food is. But this is way off-topic.
I am sorry for that comment as I am still acquiring the appropriate vernacular for your region of the States.

I have been listening to your WWL radio station online as per an earlier suggestion.

These blokes are quite animated. I don't know who they are but one of these chaps is named Bobby A-Bear. Sorry if I misspelled his name.

Do all people in New Orleans speak like that?
saintslvr is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #32
Season Tickets Since 2003

Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!
Quote:
I travel to the United States on frequent occasion but have never been to New Orleans, Louisiana.

I am a geophysicist for Halliburton and because I can speak in 6 languages (7 counting English) they keep me busy and send me all over the world especially Russia and China.

One of my dreams is to be able to attend a New Orleans Saints game in your Superdome. I understand from this message board that it is very loud there.

When American Football comes to Wembley Stadium it is so bloody hell loud.

The only British crowd I have ever heard that is as loud as when American Football performs here is when we have our soccer championships.

I also would like to try some of your Cajun food I understand that it is quite spicy and good. We have spicy food here but it is from the rather large Indian population.

My company has a presence at a large corporate gathering in New Orleans in October every year at the Breakbulk Conference at your convention center.

Perhaps I can arrange a travel there during that month so I can attend a New Orleans Saints game.

I don't know how to get tickets there though.

The American Football game here in Wembley is basically sold out already according to Ticketmaster.

Glad you are a Saints fan buddy.

I am surprised Halliburton has never sent you here.

Two words: Deepwater Horizon.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #33

saintslvr is on a distinguished roadsaintslvr is on a distinguished roadsaintslvr is on a distinguished roadsaintslvr is on a distinguished roadsaintslvr is on a distinguished roadsaintslvr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towlie View Post
Glad you are a Saints fan buddy.

I am surprised Halliburton has never sent you here.

Two words: Deepwater Horizon.

Halliburton sends me to the difficult linguistic regions.

Yes that was quite a tragedy for your coastline.

Unfortunately BP has a similar performance here and throughout Europe as well.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #34
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

No2DC is marching in
No2DC is marching inNo2DC is marching inNo2DC is marching inNo2DC is marching inNo2DC is marching inNo2DC is marching inNo2DC is marching inNo2DC is marching inNo2DC is marching inNo2DC is marching inNo2DC is marching inNo2DC is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by gboudx View Post
Just like anything Sofia Vergara says sounds so much more sexy. She could make reading the phone book sexy. And I'd listen to every word and phone number.
U got that right!
No2DC is online now Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #35
Hey! Where's Perry?

gboudx has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Community Service Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
I am sorry for that comment as I am still acquiring the appropriate vernacular for your region of the States.

I have been listening to your WWL radio station online as per an earlier suggestion.

These blokes are quite animated. I don't know who they are but one of these chaps is named Bobby A-Bear. Sorry if I misspelled his name.

No, all people don't speak like those 2. Bobby Hebert is a cajun from a town south and west of New Orleans. Or "Nyawlens" as he says. It's like around London where even though everyone speaks English, there's many dialects and accents. Some of the accents are unique to the area the person is from.

Bobby is a former QB of the Saints from the late 80's-90's. And even though his last name is spelled, "He-bert", the way you spelled it is how is sounds phonetically. You'll find that with a lot of last names from that part of the country.
gboudx is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #36
Season Tickets Since 2003

Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!Towlie is a BEAST!
Quote:
Unfortunately BP has a similar performance here and throughout Europe as well.

I was referring to Halliburton's role in the failed cementing job that caused 5 million barrels of oil to spill into the Gulf of Mexico. But nevermind.

GO SAINTS!

Old 04-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #37
DREW DAT

WhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
WhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of FamerWhoDat9to12 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer

WHO DAT!!!!!!!!
WhoDat9to12 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #38
Mostly Harmless

dave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
dave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdave_09 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
When I think about Bobby Hebert, I think about this clip:

Bobby Hebert goes nuts at a New Orleans Saints game - YouTube

I love the reaction from the guy in blue.

dave_09 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #39
Yeah you rite

Location: Louisiana...the greatest 3rd world country in the whole U.S. of A.
Broadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger Club
Broadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger ClubBroadmoor74 50K Burger Club
Roger Goodell sees in himself two legacies: 1) To reduce ex-player litigation (read: "players' safety) and 2) Bring American Football to a wider international audience (read: England).

He's going to have to be willing to sacrifice #2 in order to accomplish #1.
Broadmoor74 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #40
All-Pro

rail is a glorious beacon of lightrail is a glorious beacon of light
rail is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

Good God. THis could be one of the best threads ever. Hope this guy can make it down for a game and someone could document. Epic.
rail is online now Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadmoor74 View Post
Roger Goodell sees in himself two legacies: 1) To reduce ex-player litigation (read: "players' safety) and 2) Bring American Football to a wider international audience (read: England).

He's going to have to be willing to sacrifice #2 in order to accomplish #1.
I remember that game at Wembley quite well.

Whenever one of the defensive players hit the player on the other team really hard everyone in the crowd cheered very loud in approval.

It was quite entertaining.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #42
Super Moderator

AARPSaint 40K Burger ClubAARPSaint 40K Burger ClubAARPSaint 40K Burger ClubAARPSaint 40K Burger ClubAARPSaint 40K Burger ClubAARPSaint 40K Burger ClubAARPSaint 40K Burger Club
AARPSaint 40K Burger ClubAARPSaint 40K Burger ClubAARPSaint 40K Burger ClubAARPSaint 40K Burger ClubAARPSaint 40K Burger ClubAARPSaint 40K Burger ClubAARPSaint 40K Burger ClubAARPSaint 40K Burger ClubAARPSaint 40K Burger Club
Prediction: this thread will eventually be archived.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.