Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 10-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #29
Contributor

SAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
SAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngb View Post
Aldon was physically healthy enough to play, but chose to fix his problem.

Vilma was not healthy enough to play

Apples and Oranges

Goodell said, that a situation like this is unprecedented, and it is. Show me another time where a player went into rehab on his own in the middle of a season. So it's a case that will set the precedent for similar cases in the future.
Sorry, but the fact that he had to check into rehab is a problem enough. To reward him for it by allowing him to choose his own punishment is absurd.
SAINTSFAN is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #30
All-Pro

tjharris has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Aaron View Post
You know he's going to be there for our game. I would bet the farm on it.
Or Bourbon St. is just what he needs to go completely off the wagon
tjharris is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #31
Scrill

whoDATnationXLIV is marching in
whoDATnationXLIV is marching inwhoDATnationXLIV is marching inwhoDATnationXLIV is marching inwhoDATnationXLIV is marching inwhoDATnationXLIV is marching inwhoDATnationXLIV is marching inwhoDATnationXLIV is marching inwhoDATnationXLIV is marching inwhoDATnationXLIV is marching inwhoDATnationXLIV is marching inwhoDATnationXLIV is marching in
Says he will play "a lot." Whatever, I still think we are going to come to play this game and win.

Aldon Smith of San Francisco 49ers to play a lot vs. New Orleans Saints - ESPN
whoDATnationXLIV is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #32
Veteran Starter

tophergillock is a BEAST!tophergillock is a BEAST!tophergillock is a BEAST!tophergillock is a BEAST!tophergillock is a BEAST!tophergillock is a BEAST!tophergillock is a BEAST!tophergillock is a BEAST!tophergillock is a BEAST!tophergillock is a BEAST!tophergillock is a BEAST!
I say good. Let him play. First I don't want the 49ers fans too say that they did not have their key guys as an excuse when we win. Secondly and more importantly, there is no way he is in football shape. It will take him a few games to get back into shape. (see Von Miller) I would rather him on the field while a player who is used to the speed of the game is on the bench. Also I would run Ingram right at him a couple times and give him a good pop or two. (Maybe even Jed)
tophergillock is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #33
Bleeder of Black and Gold

Optimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Optimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Better call Jamie Foxx and inform him.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #34
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Chris is a name known to allChris is a name known to all
Chris is a name known to allChris is a name known to allChris is a name known to allChris is a name known to allChris is a name known to allChris is a name known to allChris is a name known to allChris is a name known to allChris is a name known to allChris is a name known to all
Good. They will need him.
Chris is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #35
Very Banned

wizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to behold
wizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to behold
Sounds familiar... I recall D. Ware being activated for a game against us. How'd that work out again?
wizard1183 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #36
Medsamust Saint Fan

Swimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Swimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKid View Post
Isn't he on trial for Felony Weapon Charges? Why isn't the league stepping in and suspending him?
This really sucks. Goodel's timing is not an accident. He is reminding SP who is boss.

However, we live in a democracy where a person is innocent until proven guilty. I don't see how the league can slam down on Smith until a verdict.
Swimmer is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #37
All-Pro

Gunny_J is a jewel in the rough
Gunny_J is a jewel in the roughGunny_J is a jewel in the roughGunny_J is a jewel in the roughGunny_J is a jewel in the roughGunny_J is a jewel in the roughGunny_J is a jewel in the roughGunny_J is a jewel in the rough
I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist when it comes to the NFL, but I will say I am really upset this guy is allowed to play right now. That is all...
Gunny_J is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #38
More than 15K posts served!

Taurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger Club
Taurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger ClubTaurus 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
This really sucks. Goodel's timing is not an accident. He is reminding SP who is boss.

However, we live in a democracy where a person is innocent until proven guilty. I don't see how the league can slam down on Smith until a verdict.
Where's Aaron Hernandez?

Trigeminal Neuralgia rocks your face!
Taurus is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #39
Official SR twitter team

St.Fury 40K Burger ClubSt.Fury 40K Burger ClubSt.Fury 40K Burger ClubSt.Fury 40K Burger ClubSt.Fury 40K Burger Club
St.Fury 40K Burger ClubSt.Fury 40K Burger ClubSt.Fury 40K Burger ClubSt.Fury 40K Burger ClubSt.Fury 40K Burger ClubSt.Fury 40K Burger ClubSt.Fury 40K Burger ClubSt.Fury 40K Burger ClubSt.Fury 40K Burger ClubSt.Fury 40K Burger ClubSt.Fury 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngb View Post
Aldon was physically healthy enough to play, but chose to fix his problem.

Vilma was not healthy enough to play

Apples and Oranges

Goodell said, that a situation like this is unprecedented, and it is. Show me another time where a player went into rehab on his own in the middle of a season. So it's a case that will set the precedent for similar cases in the future.
Who cares if it unprecedented or not? Goodell makes up his own rules, anyway"

So, what you are saying is that if any player gets busted for drugs, all they have to do is check into a rehab facility to avoid suspension?

I applaud any person that voluntarily checks themselves into a rehab facility. But if they fail a drug test, arrested for drugs, or face a felonny charge of any kind, they should face suspension upon their return, regardless of voluntary action.
St.Fury is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #40
Payton+Ryan+Brees=SB

SaintSproles 60K Burger Club
SaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger Club

Awards Showcase
Survivor Bowl Champion 
Total Awards: 1

So this piece of trash gets to keep playing.

Way to "protect the shield" RG 0.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #41
RIP Horace Silver

Saintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to behold
Saintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to beholdSaintfan in Dallas is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard1183 View Post
Sounds familiar... I recall D. Ware being activated for a game against us. How'd that work out again?
If I recall, D Ware wasn't sitting out for 5 weeks. I think he sprained his neck the week or 2 before. He was very much in game shape.
Saintfan in Dallas is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #42
Epiphanic

Madmarsha 50K Burger ClubMadmarsha 50K Burger ClubMadmarsha 50K Burger ClubMadmarsha 50K Burger Club
Madmarsha 50K Burger ClubMadmarsha 50K Burger ClubMadmarsha 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearze34 View Post
You notice the NFL network isn't even talking about a suspension? How many violations do the 49ers get? He has to "earn his way back onto the field". What a joke.
But they soundly reported his court date this week in which he plead not guilty to the weapons charges? Oh, you missed it? I saw one quick mention. Blink and you missed it. Same tactic as burying a story on page 9.

And I'm sure you're aware that his DUI court date is next Tuesday ... because it gets reported on constantly.

You might ask how I know? I had to go out of my way to look for it. Meanwhile, every 3 minutes I was told that Peyton Manning missed practice yesterday, and was asked several times to stay tuned because the Rex Ryan press conference was coming up. I didn't know he was the only one that ever did press conferences, but that's what I'd think from the NFLN.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.