Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 05-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #1

cki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to behold
cki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to beholdcki3915 is a splendid one to behold
N/S Player Safety

So, Roger Goddell has rid the NFL of bounties. We all know he hasn’t because he has virtually ignored the same thing on 31 of 32 teams, but let’s say for arguments sake he has. What has he accomplished to increase the safety of players?

Not a thing.

Players get concussions for many reasons. If you list the top 25 reasons why a player gets a concussion, having a bounty on him is #30. A Player gets a concussion because something happens and he is hit in the head. This can happen for several reasons, many of them unavoidable. But, to blame them on bounties is asinine.

I have several suggestions to help improve player safety. My guess is that the NFL would be interested in none of them. (I know all of these will never happen and some have huge logistical hurdles that can never be jumped)

1. Eliminate 1 Pre-Season and 2 Regular Season games. 14 games worked for many years as a viable schedule and it can work again. Right now, each team plays 6 divisional games, 4 nonconference games, 4 games from same conference division, and 2 games with teams from the other 2 divisions in your conference. Take away those 2 games and remove a preseason game for good measure and you have just added about 3 games a year to a player’s health. It would probably take the NFLPA about 10 seconds to approve this change. (And, NFL, I don’t want to hear how much money you will lose….You will find a way to make it up, and with healthier players and a shorter season you will have much better football...and NFL don't evey try to use this as an excuse to cut players salaries)

2. Make all contracts to vendors who provide equipment for player safety 1 year deals only. Let’s say the NFL contracts to Company X to provide helmets. Company Y has a breakthrough and comes up with a substantially better helmet that increases protection by 100%. But, the NFL deal with Company X has 3 years to go, and Company X cannot for whatever reason produce that new helmet. The NFL is stuck like chuck. If these kinds of contracts expired every year, then the NFL can go wherever it needs to find the best available product at the time.

3. Totally rework rules to protect players. Right now, if we take out kickers, there are 2 separate sets of rules, one for quarterbacks and one for everyone else. Well, correct me if I’m wrong, but a blow to the head is a blow to the head, regardless of who hits who in the head. There are still some helmet to helmet hits that are legal, and there are leading with the helmet hits that are also legal. None should be. Some helmet to helmet hits are due to the ball carrier lowering his head. That too should be illegal. All helmet to helmet hits should be illegal. And, the on field officials are not always in the right position to make the right call in these circumstances. Take the responsibility of making calls on helmet to helmet and leading with the helmet away from the field officials and put it in the booth, where the hit can be looked at. Let the refs suggest the booth look at a hot, and you can also let the booth decide. If a booth review is good enough for an out of bounds play, then it is good enough for a hit.

4. Increase penalties for illegal hits. If you put the responsibility of ruling on hits during the game to the booth official, then there should be no question when an illegal hit occurred. Make helmet to helmet and leading with the helmet hits an automatic ejection, both for a defender who lowers his head to hit and a ball carrier who lowers his head during a play. Throw a 2 game suspension on top of that. It will stop. Yes, I know that there will be some incidental hist that will get caught in the wash, but we are talking about safety here. That is a lot more defendable than fabricating evidence against the Saints.

5. Create an outreach program to Pop Warner and High School teams on the topic of proper tackling technique. 99% of illegal hits are due to improper tackling technique. The fact is that the best tacklers also have the best technique. Proper tackling reduces injuries for both the tackler and the tackled tenfold, and makes for better defense. The NFL needs to use its vast resources to go out to the high schools and the youth leagues and get those coaches, many of whom are grossly under qualified to be coaching football, to teach proper tackling. Create a certification program for coaches and use your power to get state high school associations to require their coaches to be certified. Better tackling in high school saves lives in the NFL.
cki3915 is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
Hall-of-Famer

Trey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to behold
Trey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to behold
6. All games to be played on Madden. Each team gets 5 representatives and they go head to head (figurativley of course). All new records will have an * besides them

7. I don't know how D&D worked, all I know is it was a card game where certain ones beat other ones. Assign each players playing card stats and play it out like D&D
But it ain’t about how hard you hit… it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward… how much you can take, and keep moving forward. If you know what you’re worth, go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit." Rocky Balboa
Trey W. is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
Hall-of-Famer

Trey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to behold
Trey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to beholdTrey W. is a splendid one to behold
On the serious side I do like #'s 2 and 5. The big one being #5 although it would take a while before we see the results in the NFL. As for #2 it would keep all the different companies in constant competitionbit have a buyout clause in the contract that if a significantly better product is made buy another company than the NFL can buy out the remainIng contract to protect its players
But it ain’t about how hard you hit… it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward… how much you can take, and keep moving forward. If you know what you’re worth, go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit." Rocky Balboa
Trey W. is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
BRING THE WOOD!

atceagle is an Sr.com Hall of Fameratceagle is an Sr.com Hall of Fameratceagle is an Sr.com Hall of Fameratceagle is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
atceagle is an Sr.com Hall of Fameratceagle is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I would remove two preseason games and keep the season at 16 games. Then give each team 3-4 bye wks throughout the season for injury recovery. By starting the regular season two wks earlier and not having the Pro Bowl, the season calender can be the exact same length or one wk longer. The owners might not like losing the revenue of the preseason games but that revenue could be captured through the tv contracts since you would now have a 19-20 wk schedule of regular season games.
atceagle is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
Hall-of-Famer

TyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
TyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
This entire player safety thing is completely overblown imo.

Today's nfl is way safer than back in the early 90's late 80's when guys were blowing out there knees weekly on that old school astro turf, spearing, horse collars..you all know what I mean.

This **** is getting ridiculous. Flags all over the place for nonsense. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to explain to some people how you simply CANNOT form tackle Brandon Jacobs type RB's..etc you gotta lay into a sum ***** that large as a safety and you cannot adjust MID TACKLE to make sure your helmet doesn't hit his when he's lowering it to plow you into the ground...I can go on.

.rant off. Sorry. lol

Old 05-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
BRING THE WOOD!

atceagle is an Sr.com Hall of Fameratceagle is an Sr.com Hall of Fameratceagle is an Sr.com Hall of Fameratceagle is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneHughes View Post
This entire player safety thing is completely overblown imo.

Today's nfl is way safer than back in the early 90's late 80's when guys were blowing out there knees weekly on that old school astro turf, spearing, horse collars..you all know what I mean.

This **** is getting ridiculous. Flags all over the place for nonsense. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to explain to some people how you simply CANNOT form tackle Brandon Jacobs type RB's..etc you gotta lay into a sum ***** that large as a safety and you cannot adjust MID TACKLE to make sure your helmet doesn't hit his when he's lowering it to plow you into the ground...I can go on.

.rant off. Sorry. lol
Ummm,,have you heard about those players in the 80's and 90's shooting themselves in the chest?

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
Hall-of-Famer

TyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
TyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of FamerTyroneHughes is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by atceagle View Post
Ummm,,have you heard about those players in the 80's and 90's shooting themselves in the chest?
Two....Dave Duerson and Junior Seau....you heard of any others?

Also playing in the NFL doesn't = the only way to have persistent post concussion syndrome. Playing High school ball, college, boxing, MMA, hockey, lacrosse..etc.

Roger chose to draw attention to this area by reacting not prevention. Horse collaring didn't go into effect until AFTER Roy Williams, Changed OT AFTER Farve complained, insane "crown of the helmet/helmet to helmet over officiating" AFTER the fact, defenseless receiver AFTER the fact. Bounty penalties AFTER a "warning to stop"...are you kidding me lol...how about punish them in 2009 if player safety is such an "issue."

The PT concussion vs SF (although that was a great hit imo) it was totally illegal according to the new helmet to helmet rule which is in place to PREVENT injuries which include the following: CONCUSSIONS. Both happened, was replayed over and over and no post fines, penalties..etc. Had that been the regular season no PT the next week or longer.

Why aren't players on the injured list prevented from playing PERIOD by the league if they are doubtful? Why doesn't the league do the injury reports instead and not leave it up to the coaches?

It's a complete joke and I hope those players that are now suing him and holding him to his "player safety illusion" win big time under his watch.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #8
Intervention needed!

guidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Member
guidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Memberguidomerkinsrules Prestigious Platinum Club Member
4 weeks of rookie, Udfa, ufa camp followed by 2 rookie preseason games
Then you have to cut down to a set number of players
Then 2 weeks of training camp then 2 full team preasesson games

Old 05-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
Super Forum Fanatic

UFCSaint has disabled reputation
One thing I think will happen is that we will see more and more knee and leg injuries. I noticed last year that players appeared to dive low now on a ball carrier and basically tried to avoid the head area all together. Which is fine if it is a low "tackle" but the way players torpedo in now WITHOUT wrapping up...I think we will start to see more and more knees inadvertantly taken out.
UFCSaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
All-Pro

NOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to all
NOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to allNOLAnuffsaid is a name known to all
i say, keep all 4 preseason games and split'em. 2 games after a two week mini camp in May and 2 games after a training camp in Aug. then play a 16 game season. you can still evaluate players. you get to see what your young guys can do. your vets dont get beat up through a tough training cap and everyone can be on the same page come week 1.
NOLAnuffsaid is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #11
BRING THE WOOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneHughes View Post
Two....Dave Duerson and Junior Seau....you heard of any others? No but how many will it take before it's a problem

Also playing in the NFL doesn't = the only way to have persistent post concussion syndrome. Playing High school ball, college, boxing, MMA, hockey, lacrosse..etc. Agree with this and I won't be surprised if we see some college players file a lawsuit against the NCAA in the future. But the NFL is trying to help the concussion issue in the youth and high school level by pushing more states to enact concussion legislation. They understand that these are their future players, fans and season ticket holders so it's important for kids to be able to safely play the game.

Roger chose to draw attention to this area by reacting not prevention. You will never be able to prevent every injury, every concussion. Hell, I hope not or I'd probably out of a job.Horse collaring didn't go into effect until AFTER Roy Williams, Changed OT AFTER Farve complained, insane "crown of the helmet/helmet to helmet over officiating" AFTER the fact, defenseless receiver AFTER the fact. Bounty penalties AFTER a "warning to stop"...are you kidding me lol...how about punish them in 2009 if player safety is such an "issue."

The PT concussion vs SF (although that was a great hit imo) it was totally illegal according to the new helmet to helmet rule which is in place to PREVENT injuries which include the following: CONCUSSIONS. Both happened, was replayed over and over and no post fines, penalties..etc. Had that been the regular season no PT the next week or longer. Pierre was not a defenseless player and as much as I didn't like this hit, as the rule states, it was legal contact. Here is a shortened version of the rule followed by a link to the entire rule from the NFL.
a) Players in a defenseless posture are: [. . .]
(2) A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;
[. . .]
(b) Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; and
(2) Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/”hairline” parts of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body.”

NFL Communications - Definition of a Defenseless Player «

Why aren't players on the injured list prevented from playing PERIOD by the league if they are doubtful? Because players with muscle strains and ligament sprains can often continue to play depending on pain level. Playing on a bad knee leads to possibly needing a knee replacement down the line, not CTE.Why doesn't the league do the injury reports instead and not leave it up to the coaches?

It's a complete joke and I hope those players that are now suing him and holding him to his "player safety illusion" win big time under his watch.
I'm not saying I approve of every change that is being made in the game. But if there aren't Roosevelt type changes soon, the NFL might not exist in 30 yrs.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #12
Super Moderator

AARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club Member
AARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club MemberAARPSaint Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cki3915 View Post
So, Roger Goddell has rid the NFL of bounties. We all know he hasn’t because he has virtually ignored the same thing on 31 of 32 teams, but let’s say for arguments sake he has. What has he accomplished to increase the safety of players?

Not a thing.

Players get concussions for many reasons. If you list the top 25 reasons why a player gets a concussion, having a bounty on him is #30. A Player gets a concussion because something happens and he is hit in the head. This can happen for several reasons, many of them unavoidable. But, to blame them on bounties is asinine.

I have several suggestions to help improve player safety. My guess is that the NFL would be interested in none of them. (I know all of these will never happen and some have huge logistical hurdles that can never be jumped)

1. Eliminate 1 Pre-Season and 2 Regular Season games. 14 games worked for many years as a viable schedule and it can work again. Right now, each team plays 6 divisional games, 4 nonconference games, 4 games from same conference division, and 2 games with teams from the other 2 divisions in your conference. Take away those 2 games and remove a preseason game for good measure and you have just added about 3 games a year to a player’s health. It would probably take the NFLPA about 10 seconds to approve this change. (And, NFL, I don’t want to hear how much money you will lose….You will find a way to make it up, and with healthier players and a shorter season you will have much better football...and NFL don't evey try to use this as an excuse to cut players salaries)

2. Make all contracts to vendors who provide equipment for player safety 1 year deals only. Let’s say the NFL contracts to Company X to provide helmets. Company Y has a breakthrough and comes up with a substantially better helmet that increases protection by 100%. But, the NFL deal with Company X has 3 years to go, and Company X cannot for whatever reason produce that new helmet. The NFL is stuck like chuck. If these kinds of contracts expired every year, then the NFL can go wherever it needs to find the best available product at the time.

3. Totally rework rules to protect players. Right now, if we take out kickers, there are 2 separate sets of rules, one for quarterbacks and one for everyone else. Well, correct me if I’m wrong, but a blow to the head is a blow to the head, regardless of who hits who in the head. There are still some helmet to helmet hits that are legal, and there are leading with the helmet hits that are also legal. None should be. Some helmet to helmet hits are due to the ball carrier lowering his head. That too should be illegal. All helmet to helmet hits should be illegal. And, the on field officials are not always in the right position to make the right call in these circumstances. Take the responsibility of making calls on helmet to helmet and leading with the helmet away from the field officials and put it in the booth, where the hit can be looked at. Let the refs suggest the booth look at a hot, and you can also let the booth decide. If a booth review is good enough for an out of bounds play, then it is good enough for a hit.

4. Increase penalties for illegal hits. If you put the responsibility of ruling on hits during the game to the booth official, then there should be no question when an illegal hit occurred. Make helmet to helmet and leading with the helmet hits an automatic ejection, both for a defender who lowers his head to hit and a ball carrier who lowers his head during a play. Throw a 2 game suspension on top of that. It will stop. Yes, I know that there will be some incidental hist that will get caught in the wash, but we are talking about safety here. That is a lot more defendable than fabricating evidence against the Saints.

5. Create an outreach program to Pop Warner and High School teams on the topic of proper tackling technique. 99% of illegal hits are due to improper tackling technique. The fact is that the best tacklers also have the best technique. Proper tackling reduces injuries for both the tackler and the tackled tenfold, and makes for better defense. The NFL needs to use its vast resources to go out to the high schools and the youth leagues and get those coaches, many of whom are grossly under qualified to be coaching football, to teach proper tackling. Create a certification program for coaches and use your power to get state high school associations to require their coaches to be certified. Better tackling in high school saves lives in the NFL.
This is much too sensible for the Goodell-led NFL. I would keep the schedule as is, but everything else gets a big

Old 05-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #13
Bless You Boys

ynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to behold
ynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to beholdynneb is a splendid one to behold
Go back to leather helmets.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #14
Hall-of-Famer

dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!
stop making teams post injury reports so players won't target specific things, but wait they are hypocrites because they know vegas needs those to make the odds! If they really cared they would stop making teams post injury reports, either a player is out or in.

dwid is offline Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #15
Resist, Ronald, resist!

HouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true Saint
HouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true SaintHouseCall is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwid View Post
stop making teams post injury reports so players won't target specific things, but wait they are hypocrites because they know vegas needs those to make the odds! If they really cared they would stop making teams post injury reports, either a player is out or in.
Came to post this.

As I listened to Gregg Williams' infamous pregame speech, I kept thinking..."wonder how Ol' Gregg knows about all these very specific injuries?"
Oh yeah, the league mandates that teams give detailed reports of every little injury every single player has. And if you don't disclose even the most minor of ailments...it's a heavy fine.