New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 03-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #15
Hall-of-Famer

Symbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to behold
Symbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to beholdSymbiote is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrleansHotBoy View Post
Although very true, I think Cleveland will take Trent Richardson at #4 in the draft. Possibly the reason they let Hillis go!

Good expectation from them, but I think they really let Hillis walk because of his demands and he was very poor last year. Sure he was hurt in some games, but when they needed him the most, he was getting out played by Ogbonoya.
Symbiote is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #16
Hall-of-Famer

sammymvpknight is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
sammymvpknight is a future SR.com Hall of Famersammymvpknight is a future SR.com Hall of Famersammymvpknight is a future SR.com Hall of Famersammymvpknight is a future SR.com Hall of Famersammymvpknight is a future SR.com Hall of Famersammymvpknight is a future SR.com Hall of Famersammymvpknight is a future SR.com Hall of Famersammymvpknight is a future SR.com Hall of Famersammymvpknight is a future SR.com Hall of Famersammymvpknight is a future SR.com Hall of Famersammymvpknight is a future SR.com Hall of Famersammymvpknight is a future SR.com Hall of Famersammymvpknight is a future SR.com Hall of Famersammymvpknight is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
I wonder how much they would give up for Ingram, PT, or Ivory.
sammymvpknight is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #17
Aboriginal Autochthon

SonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to behold
SonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to beholdSonOfNOLA is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammymvpknight View Post
I wonder how much they would give up for Ingram, PT, or Ivory.
I wouldn't be surprised if Loomis' listened hard if the Steelers or other RB needy teams like Cincy, Indy, and Cleveland came calling to cop one of our backs. Having plenty of running back depth is a good problem to have since it's an injury prone position for us, but it becomes a real problem at some point if you pass up a chance to improve other areas on the team like our front 7. We would be able to re-up on some draft picks since we'll likely lose some from the bounty punishment.

Both Ingram and Ivory seem like the Steelers' type of runners, but I doubt we would give up on Ingram after one season and gave up a lot to get him. If they were offering their 3rd or 4th & 5th round picks from this year's draft in return for Ivory to be their workhorse, then that would be pretty hard to turn down. It would be hard to keep him after 2013 in a new contract since we have so much money tied up to Ingram, Sproles, and PT.
SonOfNOLA is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #18
Shreveport's #1 Who Dat

WhoDatHank is becoming pretty popularWhoDatHank is becoming pretty popularWhoDatHank is becoming pretty popularWhoDatHank is becoming pretty popularWhoDatHank is becoming pretty popularWhoDatHank is becoming pretty popularWhoDatHank is becoming pretty popularWhoDatHank is becoming pretty popularWhoDatHank is becoming pretty popularWhoDatHank is becoming pretty popular
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Loomis' listened hard if the Steelers or other RB needy teams like Cincy, Indy, and Cleveland came calling to cop one of our backs. Having plenty of running back depth is a good problem to have since it's an injury prone position for us, but it becomes a real problem at some point if you pass up a chance to improve other areas on the team like our front 7. We would be able to re-up on some draft picks since we'll likely lose some from the bounty punishment.

Both Ingram and Ivory seem like the Steelers' type of runners, but I doubt we would give up on Ingram after one season and gave up a lot to get him. If they were offering their 3rd or 4th & 5th round picks from this year's draft in return for Ivory to be their workhorse, then that would be pretty hard to turn down. It would be hard to keep him after the '13 season in a new contract since we have so much money tied up to Ingram, Sproles, and PT.
They have a workhorse back who's play style is very similar to Ivory's. That being Issac Redman. They need a change of pace from Redman. I could see them being interested in Ingram or PT, but we wouldn't get back what we lost for Ingram and I don't think PT is going anywhere. I do see them looking for a RB via free agency, but I don't think they'll look our direction.
WhoDatHank is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2012, 12:06 AM   #19
Hall-of-Famer

dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!dwid is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiote View Post
Good expectation from them, but I think they really let Hillis walk because of his demands and he was very poor last year. Sure he was hurt in some games, but when they needed him the most, he was getting out played by Ogbonoya.
Ogbonoya literally had like 2 good games...against the Rams and Jacksonville, they lost to the Rams. Hillis had a severe hamstring injury and kept trying to come back too early because of the negative press after making a bad decision to listen to his agent and sitting out of a game with a 103 fever. If he would have let it rehab like most backs do, he could have played in at least 3 weeks , instead he tried to come back every single week, wrapping his hamstring for hours just to practice a few hours only to "suprisingly" injure it again after playing a few snaps.

He didn't have high demands, he just wanted to get paid, the contract they offered him was all back loaded, he was still going to get paid almost league minimum for the first 3 years and then the last 2 years was where the big bucks were at. They would have gotten rid of him before then. They didn't want him there and spread lies through the media outlets about him to turn fans against him. He missed a kids event because his agent failed to inform him, which I guess is the equivalent of beating a woman with the way the media handled it. And missing rehab one day to get married which was told to the team way in advance must be the equivalent of running someone over with a car.

Don't you think its odd he was willing to sign just a one year deal 3 mil with the Chiefs to reunite with Daboli? someone who worked with Hillis for an entire year and knows his true character?

btw he still led his team in rushing and rushing tds, that makes it 3 out of 4 years he has accomplished that. The Browns will continue to suck regardless of whether they Richardson or not. They don't treat their players right. He can have fun adjusting from the huge holes at Alabama to a team where they don't even have nfl caliber players starting at RG and RT, and now that Steinbach has been injured that makes two nfl caliber lineman. Yes they are top at their position but two lineman aren't going to mask the defencies. Then they will probably draft someone like Kendall Wright, and continue to have slow receivers that get no seperation. Not to mention Richardson hasn't performed at the combine or pro day after his "minor" knee surgery. Either he has something to hide about his speed or its more serious and not rehabbing like they though. Probaby a combination of the two. So they will wind up with another back with knee problems and another slow receiver. The key to success.

dwid is offline Reply With Quote