New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 10-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #29
Rookie

Anomaly76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is "bumping" threads strictly prohibited? Are there any guidelines?
Anomaly76 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2008, 11:33 AM   #30
Retired

kooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Club
kooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Club
Not strictly prohibited. When the older thread is pertinent and/or germane to a current discussion or situation it can be bumped. What we are trying to avoid is bumping for the sake of bumping or bumping as a means of calling out a member.
kooldak is offline Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #31
Rookie

Anomaly76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks. I'm just curious because I started a thread called "Banter" and figured people would have good stories but I won't bother to do so as it doesn't necessarily fulfill any of the guidelines.
Anomaly76 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2008, 02:09 AM   #32

dennydee is an unknown quantity at this point
I need help...I've enjoyed just reading about our 'beloved' Saints from all the True Fans...'67 to present; I've followed each and every yard (gain and loss) and rejoiced/cried from far corners of the world; but MONDAY NIGHT THE 24th was right up there (for me) with Dempsey's 63 yrdr' and the post-katrina DOMEHOMECOMING...I'm old now and slightly confused about all the 'Site' rules; but would love some simplification so that I might participate in the forum with less typing...anybody out there for dennydee?
dennydee is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2008, 07:35 AM   #33
Very Banned

llama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
llama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famerllama is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Don't insult, don't curse. Remember that children read the board. Use informative subject lines in your posts, and try not to post one-liners as your only content (for the first post).

The easiest way (for me) was to join into the ongoing conversations. Take it slowly and read much. You'll get a feel for how this place operates.

Sounds like you've seen it all. Share with us, please.
llama is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #34
Veteran

HollywoodLeo is on a distinguished roadHollywoodLeo is on a distinguished roadHollywoodLeo is on a distinguished roadHollywoodLeo is on a distinguished roadHollywoodLeo is on a distinguished roadHollywoodLeo is on a distinguished road
Didn't know where else to put this because I can't find a general "welcome" thread and I didn't want to clutter up the first page with a self-serving new thread (as thread consolidation seems to be one of the huge points of these rules)

Anyways, I'm a diehard Chargers fan but I have a bit of an affinity towards the Saints ever since they signed Drew Brees.

Naturally, it's Chargers are nothing with me but I do pull for you guys on the side.

I'd love nothing more than to see Rivers and Brees go at it in the Super Bowl this year.

Anyways, I read the rules and I should have no problem staying under the forum guidelines as I generally follow all those rules on my own anyways wherever I post.
HollywoodLeo is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #35
Owner/Webmaster

Andrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger Club
Andrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger Club
With the influx of new members, and the inordinate amount of editing and infracting that the mods and admins have had to perform of late, I felt like I needed to remove this as a sticky and put it where people might actually see it.
Andrus is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 10:58 PM   #36
Pro-Bowler

Muncie is marching in
Muncie is marching inMuncie is marching inMuncie is marching inMuncie is marching inMuncie is marching inMuncie is marching inMuncie is marching inMuncie is marching inMuncie is marching inMuncie is marching inMuncie is marching inMuncie is marching inMuncie is marching in
Posting and You
An informative video by the Dept. of Health and Human Services.
Muncie is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:19 PM   #37
Owner/Webmaster

Andrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger Club
Andrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger ClubAndrus 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncie View Post
Posting and You
LOL! Love it!

Old 12-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #38
nunquam idem eadem idem

UptownShark is a splendid one to beholdUptownShark is a splendid one to beholdUptownShark is a splendid one to behold
UptownShark is a splendid one to beholdUptownShark is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncie View Post
Posting and You
Useful.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:47 PM   #39
Owner/Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownShark View Post
Useful.
It really is! I even added a link to it in the Posting Guidelines Announcement.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:18 AM   #40
Schlägertruppen

helofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Saint
helofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Sainthelofixer is a true Saint
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrus View Post
With the influx of new members, and the inordinate amount of editing and infracting that the mods and admins have had to perform of late, I felt like I needed to remove this as a sticky and put it where people might actually see it.

Yeah it was on page two when I bumped it. Guys and gals, please review the Terms Of Service. Think before your post. Search before you post, Quit posting curse words and creative versions of them. All asterisks is fine, ***ing is not. Neither is using creative spelling or shift number characters to spell cuss words.

I spent a lot of time today editing posts for thinly veiled profanity...and I didn't issue any infractions, just warnings if I had time. I was at the game last night. Im pumped and tired at the same time. Please dont make the volunteers jobs here any harder than they already are.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Noli non legitime carbor undem est
helofixer is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #41

Lil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Lil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerLil Deuce is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Bttt
Lil Deuce is offline Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #42
The LateNight Bar

kansast is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
kansast is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkansast is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkansast is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkansast is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkansast is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkansast is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkansast is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkansast is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkansast is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkansast is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkansast is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkansast is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkansast is a future SR.com Hall of Famerkansast is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Of all those rules.. I think the one I'm guilty of most, is the "me too" replies.. more often than not, I'm wanting to show support for another posting or thread with a quick "Who Dat!" or the like

kansast is online now Reply With Quote