New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Google Ads
Latest Poll
Grade the Saints 2014 Draft
A
B
C
D
F
Sponsored Ads

Old 08-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #57
NO MA'AM

zeetes 60K Burger Clubzeetes 60K Burger Clubzeetes 60K Burger Clubzeetes 60K Burger Clubzeetes 60K Burger Clubzeetes 60K Burger Clubzeetes 60K Burger Clubzeetes 60K Burger Club
zeetes 60K Burger Clubzeetes 60K Burger Clubzeetes 60K Burger Clubzeetes 60K Burger Clubzeetes 60K Burger Clubzeetes 60K Burger Clubzeetes 60K Burger Clubzeetes 60K Burger Clubzeetes 60K Burger Club
I don't hate "halftime" but I'm also ready for a new song.

Hear ye, hear ye! Pirates ahoy!
zeetes is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #58
Us Against The World!

SeLuSaint is a true SaintSeLuSaint is a true Saint
SeLuSaint is a true SaintSeLuSaint is a true SaintSeLuSaint is a true SaintSeLuSaint is a true SaintSeLuSaint is a true SaintSeLuSaint is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzd View Post
You are wrong, IMO, and how anyone can get "pumped" when the second or third string scores during a meaningless preseason game in a Dome that is a third full baffles me. I can usually manage a golf clap.

However, I do agree that is helpful to have some sort of "signature song", as we've gone through many in the past, but maybe it has to grow organically. Crunk is over (and remember, it came from ATL).
Yea a signature song would help. But I also got the feeling that lots of people were anticipating the Get Crunk song and then were let down when it wasn't played. I know it was preseason, but there were not many people dancing or excited at all compared to when they would play Get Crunk in past preseason games. At least in the area around me and from what I could see when looking around the Dome.
SeLuSaint is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #59
Regal Beagle V.I.P.

donato is a name known to alldonato is a name known to all
donato is a name known to alldonato is a name known to alldonato is a name known to alldonato is a name known to alldonato is a name known to alldonato is a name known to alldonato is a name known to alldonato is a name known to alldonato is a name known to alldonato is a name known to alldonato is a name known to all
It's pretty much always been terrible. Although watching the players get hyped during, "Back in One Piece" as well as the ridiculous "Whoop There it Is" a year or two after new were actually hilarious and great. In anycase none of it is that important to me. It's enjoyable no matter what.
donato is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #60
Surprise ************!

Saintaholic is a true SaintSaintaholic is a true SaintSaintaholic is a true Saint
Saintaholic is a true SaintSaintaholic is a true SaintSaintaholic is a true SaintSaintaholic is a true SaintSaintaholic is a true SaintSaintaholic is a true SaintSaintaholic is a true SaintSaintaholic is a true SaintSaintaholic is a true SaintSaintaholic is a true SaintSaintaholic is a true Saint
They should have never made Crunk such a regularly-played, every single touchdown song.

It was much better when it was played in moderation, like once per game, after a game-changing moment or a game-clinching score.

It used to almost be sort of a "surprise" when it was played.

The idea that a song like this should be used as a team anthem 10 times a game was a bad one. They played it out. That song could have lasted another 10 years after the Super Bowl if they had played in sparingly. It will now be virtually impossible to re-gain the magic that song once had and the effect it used to have on the crowd.
Saintaholic is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #61
Super Forum Fanatic

IceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to behold
IceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to beholdIceHot is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
I rather them play the older stuff in that case. LOL.
Not sure "Trapped Under Ice" works in a stadium setting?
2014 JETS Mock: Rd 1: OT Taylor Lewan - Mich, 2: TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins - Wash, 4a: CB Rashaad Reynolds - OSU, 4b: C/OG Tyler Larsen - UT St, 5: LB Carlos Fields - Winston-Salem, 6a: WR Eric Ward - TexTech, 6b: QB Jeff Matthews - Cornell, 6c: OLB Derrell Johnson - E.Car, 6d: NT Zach Kerr - Del, 7: DB Keith Lewis - UVA-Lbrg (me - HR)
IceHot is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #62
Hall-of-Famer

coldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saint
coldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saintcoldseat is a true Saint
Maybe in homage to our Superbowl appearance in 2009, they should play halftime at the end of the 3rd quarter/beginning of the 4th.

Then find another TD song. I like Broadmoor's suggestion.
coldseat is online now Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #63
Boise State Fan

diat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
diat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerdiat150 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
the players need to pick a song. thats the reason why halftime got elevated, the players responded to it which got the crowd into it.

Payton on Bush/Thomas: "Both of them have different skill sets. It's our job to make sure we're putting them in the right positions to have success."
diat150 is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #64
Subscribing Member

krushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Club
krushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Clubkrushing 40K Burger Club
I don't care what the play as long as I never have to ever hear the chicken dance again.
krushing is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #65
Subscribing Member

sacrosaint is a glorious beacon of light
sacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of lightsacrosaint is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by diat150 View Post
the players need to pick a song. thats the reason why halftime got elevated, the players responded to it which got the crowd into it.
^This.

The special teams players were the ones who started getting pumped up to Crunk. The fans noticed how much they were dancing and jumping around to it waiting for the kick offs. Then the crowd started really dancing and singing to it and it took off from there.

Everyone was waiting for Crunk during this game even though it was preseason. Yes, we've all heard it a zillion times now but it still gets the crowd moving and more pumped up after a touchdown. And it makes everyone ready to yell our brains out when the opposing defense gets the football.
sacrosaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #66
Down the road

JethrO is on a distinguished roadJethrO is on a distinguished roadJethrO is on a distinguished roadJethrO is on a distinguished road
My 4 year old daughter was pretty ticked off that she didn't get to stand up and get crunk!
JethrO is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #67
VP of THE DEL FUEGOS

Alan12 is a splendid one to beholdAlan12 is a splendid one to beholdAlan12 is a splendid one to behold
Alan12 is a splendid one to beholdAlan12 is a splendid one to beholdAlan12 is a splendid one to beholdAlan12 is a splendid one to beholdAlan12 is a splendid one to beholdAlan12 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHot View Post
Haha, I think it'd be just fine. I know I'd be rocking the **** out! LOL.

I know "For Whom The Bell Tolls" and "Seek & Destroy" are both pretty solid stadium songs. Maybe even "Creeping Death" too.
Alan12 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #68
Pro-Bowler

RiverRat is a jewel in the rough
RiverRat is a jewel in the roughRiverRat is a jewel in the roughRiverRat is a jewel in the roughRiverRat is a jewel in the roughRiverRat is a jewel in the roughRiverRat is a jewel in the roughRiverRat is a jewel in the roughRiverRat is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimusaint View Post
they did not

they did, however, play Pantera "Walk" after the defense recovered a fumble
i am ALL about this.
RiverRat is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #69
Pro-Bowler

RiverRat is a jewel in the rough
RiverRat is a jewel in the roughRiverRat is a jewel in the roughRiverRat is a jewel in the roughRiverRat is a jewel in the roughRiverRat is a jewel in the roughRiverRat is a jewel in the roughRiverRat is a jewel in the roughRiverRat is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHot View Post
or Trapped Under Ice... the band... id lose it.
RiverRat is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #70
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

Domefan504 is a splendid one to beholdDomefan504 is a splendid one to behold
Domefan504 is a splendid one to beholdDomefan504 is a splendid one to beholdDomefan504 is a splendid one to beholdDomefan504 is a splendid one to beholdDomefan504 is a splendid one to beholdDomefan504 is a splendid one to beholdDomefan504 is a splendid one to beholdDomefan504 is a splendid one to beholdDomefan504 is a splendid one to beholdDomefan504 is a splendid one to beholdDomefan504 is a splendid one to beholdDomefan504 is a splendid one to beholdDomefan504 is a splendid one to behold
If it has to be a metal song it has to be Lemmy! Crank this in the Dome!

Domefan504 is offline Reply With Quote