New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 04-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
Jimmy Graham as freshman

reerunn is a splendid one to beholdreerunn is a splendid one to beholdreerunn is a splendid one to behold
reerunn is a splendid one to behold
Offer sheet for Ivory? Possible trade offer coming? MERGED

Could offer sheet be coming for Saints RFA RB Chris Ivory? He visited Jets Friday. Compensation would be second-round pick.
(https://twitter.com/HBalzer721/statu...27899646758913)
reerunn is offline Reply With Quote

16 out of 17 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
Thank You SAINTS!

Crawdaddys is marching in
Crawdaddys is marching inCrawdaddys is marching inCrawdaddys is marching inCrawdaddys is marching inCrawdaddys is marching inCrawdaddys is marching inCrawdaddys is marching inCrawdaddys is marching inCrawdaddys is marching inCrawdaddys is marching inCrawdaddys is marching in
I honestly would hate to lose Ivory. But it is what it is.
Crawdaddys is offline Reply With Quote

30 out of 30 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Rugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club Member
Rugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club Member
I would hate to lose him too, but I would take the Jets second round pick in a heartbeat.

Lelito Has Become the Forum's Whipping Boy Before Ever Snapping the Ball
Rugger is offline Reply With Quote

72 out of 74 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
MITCHELL!

brockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saint
brockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saintbrockmeaux is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
I would hate to lose him too, but I would take the Jets second round pick in a heartbeat.
Yep. I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep (in fact, I might rest easier between now and the draft knowing we'd have a 2nd rounder), and I'd wish him the absolute best in New York.
brockmeaux is offline Reply With Quote

32 out of 33 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #5
Marques Colston's #1 Fan

waazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
waazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Ivory for a early 2nd? Too good to be true.
waazup is offline Reply With Quote

25 out of 27 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #6
More than 15K posts served!

bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
Anything better than a 5th would be golden!!

Sent from phone via Tapatalk

1 out of 16 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #7
Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki

CaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
CaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Man I'd JUMP on that before they finished signing him to the offer sheet.

I'm guessing that may be why Ivory hasn't signed his offer sheet; once he does, he isn't allowed to be traded. Maybe the Jets are interested in trading for him (they need a RB in a MAJOR way) but a second seems a bit high. Maybe if they like Ivory after the visit, they'll try to negotiate a trade for Ivory - which is still possible. For me to guess the value would be a crap shoot at this point.

Long story short, you can't be traded once the offer sheet is signed.
CaliSaint4Life is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #8
More than 15K posts served!

bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
Q: could we trade him for less comp?

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #9
Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki

CaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
CaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of FamerCaliSaint4Life is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnraisedwhodat View Post
Q: could we trade him for less comp?

Just answered it in my previous post.
CaliSaint4Life is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #10
ad majorem dei gloriam

nosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
nosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by waazup View Post
Ivory for a early 2nd? Too good to be true.
Man, I'd move him for a 3rd in a heartbeat!
nosaints213 is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #11
Marques Colston's #1 Fan

waazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
waazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famerwaazup is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott88 View Post
IMO, if Jets want him for a 2nd then Saints should take it. I'm really high on Travaris Cadet moving off the practice squad
Cadet was on the 53 man roster the entire season.
waazup is offline Reply With Quote

16 out of 16 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #12
Me Worry?

Ti Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Ti Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of FamerTi Rider is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I highly doubt even the Jets will sign Ivory to an offer sheet with a second round tender. A couple of guesses as to why they brought him in -

1. To see if their staff believes he's worthy of a trade (most likely a late round pick).

2. In hopes the Saints with a tight cap cut him after failing to move him pre/during the draft.

No way is a second on the table.
Ti Rider is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 20 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #13
ad majorem dei gloriam

nosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
nosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famernosaints213 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Ivory is perfect for the Jets. Hard-nosed, physical, down-hill runner. He is young, and he has low mileage so far in his career. I think it's a great fit, and I think NY would be willing to give at least a 3rd, and maybe a 2nd if we are lucky.
nosaints213 is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:26 AM   #14
Cogito Egro Sum

JuggernautSaint is a name known to allJuggernautSaint is a name known to all
JuggernautSaint is a name known to allJuggernautSaint is a name known to allJuggernautSaint is a name known to allJuggernautSaint is a name known to allJuggernautSaint is a name known to allJuggernautSaint is a name known to allJuggernautSaint is a name known to allJuggernautSaint is a name known to allJuggernautSaint is a name known to allJuggernautSaint is a name known to all
make it happen

LOOMIS

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

WWSPD = What Would Sean Payton Do!
JuggernautSaint is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.