New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 01-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Rugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club Member
Rugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club Member
An Olive Branch to Lion Fans

If there are any Lions fans lurking, I would like to invite you to discuss the upcoming game. I am hopefully that we can engage in good football discussion that is devoid of smack talk (we have a forum for that). That is not to say that strengths and weakness can't be discussed/debated. Actually I am interested in just that, looking at perceived strengths and weaknesses for both teams.

About the game:

One area that concerns me is your DTs against our guards. Usually this is an absolute strength for our team, but in the last game, Fairly was playing very well against Nicks before he got hurt. I think the game changed in our favor when Fairly got hurt. If Suh and Fairly can pressure up the middle, which they are very capable of doing, we could be in some trouble.

On the flip side I think the Saints can make the lions very one dimensional. We have gotten better and better at stopping the run each week except for the last game when we sat some our starters in the middle of our defense.

Although Johnson can be a complete over match for any secondary, I think you need someone else to step up and help out. Pettigrew had a pretty good game in our last contest against each other and I think he can be a problem for the middle of our defense.

I have a lot of respect for Stafford and I am glad to see him stay healthy for a season. I think he has a bright future with the lions.

A couple of questions:

Who is your running back/s now. Do you see Bell contributing much this game?

What is your take on Schwartz? He has the perception of being a coach of an undisciplined team. Do you agree?

Here's to a good, clean, injury free game. Oh and I would bet the over.

Lelito Has Become the Forum's Whipping Boy Before Ever Snapping the Ball

Last edited by Rugger; 01-02-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Rugger is offline Reply With Quote

20 out of 22 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #2
I Am Not Like The Others

Ice Bowl has disabled reputation
I hope some show up. As a Packer fan, I can vouch for Lions fans - they're very highly regarded by Packer fans. They've got a reputation as a decent, civilized fan base. We hate Viking fans and Bear fans, but have nothing but respect for the Detroiters.

13 out of 14 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #3
Die Hard Saints Fan.

TheSaints7 is a splendid one to beholdTheSaints7 is a splendid one to behold
TheSaints7 is a splendid one to beholdTheSaints7 is a splendid one to beholdTheSaints7 is a splendid one to beholdTheSaints7 is a splendid one to beholdTheSaints7 is a splendid one to beholdTheSaints7 is a splendid one to beholdTheSaints7 is a splendid one to beholdTheSaints7 is a splendid one to beholdTheSaints7 is a splendid one to beholdTheSaints7 is a splendid one to beholdTheSaints7 is a splendid one to beholdTheSaints7 is a splendid one to beholdTheSaints7 is a splendid one to behold
The Lions have some major weapons, for example Calvin Johnson. We need to stabilize him like we did last time but also focus on all features of the game rather than just him. Hopefully we can win like last time but it will be tough.
TheSaints7 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Rugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club Member
Rugger Prestigious Gold Club MemberRugger Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Bowl View Post
I hope some show up. As a Packer fan, I can vouch for Lions fans - they're very highly regarded by Packer fans. They've got a reputation as a decent, civilized fan base. We hate Viking fans and Bear fans, but have nothing but respect for the Detroiters.
I hope they do too. I like talking football with other team fans. For the most part, when another team's fans venture to another team's message board, they usually have good discussion points (those that are not trolls). I wish we were able to get a better mix for fans outside of Saints fans and trolls. Seems like the playoffs is a good place to start.

Lelito Has Become the Forum's Whipping Boy Before Ever Snapping the Ball
Rugger is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
More than 15K posts served!

bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
bornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Memberbornnraisedwhodat Prestigious Gold Club Member
Matt Stafford has some into his own and is playing at an elite level. A win against us would make a name for himself.

I am confident we can torch that secondary though, as long as we protect Brees.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
Representing in Changchun

St. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura about
My wife is from Detroit.

I visit Detroit every summer and have been there during football season (winter).

I have to say it is really a hockey town. 70% of the emblems on cars are the Red Wings. Most of the rest is either the Pistons or Tigers. Since they started winning, I started to see more Tigers decals around town. I hardly ever see anything Lions. Now, my in- laws(1) are a poor measure, but whenever I bring up the Lions they quickly shut me down on how they only care about Hockey (though they hardly talk about the Red Wings).

I went to 4 different message boards and the most active board is actually pretty quiet. So, not only is Detroit pretty quiet about the Lions, but there virtually no online presence of any fans.

I would be "shocked" if any would come to this board.

(1) I have one one half in- law that likes sports. He seems to be more into Michigan Football than anything else. I was taken to a Thanksgiving Day Lions game once. An upset victory over the Packers. Another relative would go to one Tigers game a summer with me. I think he does it to appease his sister more than a real desire to go. My other brother- in law is a big golfer, so I golfing with him.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #7
All-Weather Fan

The Geaux Team is a splendid one to beholdThe Geaux Team is a splendid one to beholdThe Geaux Team is a splendid one to behold
The Geaux Team is a splendid one to beholdThe Geaux Team is a splendid one to beholdThe Geaux Team is a splendid one to beholdThe Geaux Team is a splendid one to beholdThe Geaux Team is a splendid one to beholdThe Geaux Team is a splendid one to beholdThe Geaux Team is a splendid one to beholdThe Geaux Team is a splendid one to behold
I wonder how many Lions fans are going to actually make it to the game.

No one knew for sure until yesterday who was going to be playing who, and there can't be any hotel rooms left what with the game sandwiched between the Sugar Bowl, and the BCS Championship back to back.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #8
Whodie I'm a Saints fan

wbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of light
wbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Bowl View Post
I would say we have a similar relationship to the Bucs fan base that you say you share with the Lions fanbase. And however much you hate the Vikings and Bears, I think it's safe to say we have just as much hate for the Falcons and their fans, followed by the Panthers fans.

Funny note, we actually hate the Bears fans almost as much teams in our own division. In fact, I personally hate the Bears, Vikings, and Cowgirls all more than I hate the Bucs, but that's just speaking for myself.

I don't have much personal experience with Lions fans, and I'm sure any lurkers who post here will give off a positive impression. I did see quite a few Lions fans at the regular season game in NO, and for the most part they seemed well behaved and spirited. A couple knuckle heads here and there, but nothing that left a negative impression as a whole.
wbbigtymer is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #9
Hall-of-Famer

whodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to behold
whodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to behold
I live in Detroit. Lol Ive talked to a few fans and they all said they would want to play any team in the NFL right now but the Saints but they always give excuses as to why they lose. For example they say, the Saints wouldnt have won last game if it werent for all their penalties or that if the only reason they not undefeated is their injuries.
whodatdb is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #10
Hall-of-Famer

whodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to behold
whodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to beholdwhodatdb is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbbigtymer View Post
I would say we have a similar relationship to the Bucs fan base that you say you share with the Lions fanbase. And however much you hate the Vikings and Bears, I think it's safe to say we have just as much hate for the Falcons and their fans, followed by the Panthers fans.

Funny note, we actually hate the Bears fans almost as much teams in our own division. In fact, I personally hate the Bears, Vikings, and Cowgirls all more than I hate the Bucs, but that's just speaking for myself.

I don't have much personal experience with Lions fans, and I'm sure any lurkers who post here will give off a positive impression. I did see quite a few Lions fans at the regular season game in NO, and for the most part they seemed well behaved and spirited. A couple knuckle heads here and there, but nothing that left a negative impression as a whole.
Throw the patriots in that category
whodatdb is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #11
Whodie I'm a Saints fan

wbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of light
wbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of lightwbbigtymer is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatdb View Post
Throw the patriots in that category
Lol, which one? The Bucs/Lions category of nice guys fans and good hosts or the Falcons/Bears category of human garbage and terrible hosts?
wbbigtymer is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #12
Bring the WOOD!!!

ShahulX has a spectacular aura aboutShahulX has a spectacular aura aboutShahulX has a spectacular aura aboutShahulX has a spectacular aura aboutShahulX has a spectacular aura aboutShahulX has a spectacular aura aboutShahulX has a spectacular aura aboutShahulX has a spectacular aura aboutShahulX has a spectacular aura aboutShahulX has a spectacular aura aboutShahulX has a spectacular aura aboutShahulX has a spectacular aura aboutShahulX has a spectacular aura aboutShahulX has a spectacular aura aboutShahulX has a spectacular aura about
My best friend is a lions fan, the other is a 49ers fan... Gonna be an interesting week..

My lions buddy says it was the bogus penalties and injuries to their D and no Suh that we won that game... I do admit it woulda been closer without some "interesting" calls and they were missing 75% of their secondary... Still of Flynn can do that, then I hope Brees can too... I have no issues with the lions... If they weren't playing us then I'd root for them in the playoffs

And we've been hot at home recently
ShahulX is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2012, 12:22 AM   #13
Pro-Bowler

strandedsaint has disabled reputation
The Lions are the only team in the NFC that does concern me.......when we win this game we home free!
strandedsaint is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #14
Representing in Changchun

St. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura aboutSt. Pike has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShahulX View Post
My best friend is a lions fan, the other is a 49ers fan... Gonna be an interesting week..

My lions buddy says it was the bogus penalties and injuries to their D and no Suh that we won that game... I do admit it woulda been closer without some "interesting" calls and they were missing 75% of their secondary... Still of Flynn can do that, then I hope Brees can too... I have no issues with the lions... If they weren't playing us then I'd root for them in the playoffs

And we've been hot at home recently
You should show this video.... It changed my perspective as fan!

No Mora Excuses!
Thanks Jim Mora for teaching us to THINK like a champion!

---