New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 06-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
WhoDat in exile.

parlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
parlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
Payton's Wiki Page

Fellow WhoDats, I'd like an assist, if I can.

I'm not very 'puter savvy, but I understand that Wikipedia can be amended/edited by anyone.

Sean Payton's Wiki page had definitely got an anti Saints skew to it, but I have no idea how to change it. Would someone else care to give it a shot?

For example:

Quote:
On March 21, 2012, Payton was suspended for the entire 2012 NFL season, originally set to take effect April 1, 2012, as a result of his involvement in the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal, under which "bounties" were paid for interceptions, forced fumbles and contact that would "knock out" targeted players on opposing teams.[1] Payton filed an appeal of his suspension with the league the Friday before it was set to take effect. On April 9, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell denied his appeal; his suspension began on April 16.[2]
Quote:
the Saints implemented a bounty program which rewarded players for deliberately attempting to knock opposing players out of games. The slush fund was administered by defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who joined the team in 2009. An extensive league investigation found that Payton was complicit in the scheme. Payton even went as far as to orchestrate a cover-up when the league first investigated it in the 2009-10 offseason. When informed that the league was investigating reports of a bounty program, Payton met with Williams and assistant head coach Joe Vitt and told them, "Let's make sure our ducks are in a row."[21]
Nowhere is found the word "allegedly" or "it is believed", etc. Given the "evidence" provided the players yesterday, I'm thinking a rewrite is definitely in order.
parlorcitysaint is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
Super Forum Fanatic

boutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saint
boutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saint
Glad you brought this to our attention. I don't know how to do it either but I'll try to figure it out.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Super Forum Fanatic

boutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saintboutte is a true Saint
Done .

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
Team Gleason

KikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerKikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerKikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
KikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerKikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerKikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerKikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerKikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerKikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerKikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerKikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerKikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerKikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerKikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerKikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerKikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of FamerKikkomanSauce is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I'm on my phone, but it's quite easy. There is a tab at the top of the page, I believe, that says "Edit" just click that and it brings up the text of the article in an editable format.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
WhoDat in exile.

parlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
parlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Memberparlorcitysaint Prestigious Gold Club Member
Quote:
He was also a member of the Chicago Bears squad of strikebreaking replacement players, known as the "Spare Bears", during the 1987 NFL players strike.[8] In 3 games he completed 8 of 23 passes (34.8%), for 79 yards, 0 TDs, and 1 INT, a passer rating of 7.3. He was also sacked 7 times for 47 yards and had one rush attempt for 28 yards. Coincidentally, his one interception came against the New Orleans Saints, the team he would later go on to coach to a Super Bowl.
If this is true....

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
Retired

kooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Club
kooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by boutte View Post
Done .
Looks like a couple of us worked on it a bit.
kooldak is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #7
Retired

kooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Club
kooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Clubkooldak 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by parlorcitysaint View Post
If this is true....

True. He mentions it in his book.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
this girl luvs the saints

saints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Club
saints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Club
Anyone have a link, please?

It's a basic necessity for any Who Dat!
saints4eva is offline Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #9
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints4eva View Post
Anyone have a link, please?
To the Wiki page? Here:
Sean Payton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
WhoDat in exile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldak View Post
True. He mentions it in his book.
It's on my "to do list"!

Old 06-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #11

saints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Clubsaints4eva 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Thanks, kooldak!

Old 06-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlorcitysaint View Post
It's on my "to do list"!
A "must read" for any Saints fan, IMHO. I'd recommend you move it up your list. It really is very, very good and a very worthy read.

My opinion, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints4eva View Post
Thanks, kooldak!
You're welcome.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #13
Super Forum Fanatic

I did a quick edit. Just added the word alleged and that Payton denies any such program existed.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #14

Thumbs up

Quote:
A "must read" for any Saints fan, IMHO. I'd recommend you move it up your list. It really is very, very good and a very worthy read. My opinion, anyway.
You're welcome.

I couldn't agree more with you, kooldak. In fact, I liked it so much I blogged about it here if anyone is interested:

http://saintsreport.com/forums/blogs...an-payton-227/