Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Do you want to remove the ads? Support the site by becoming a subscribing member.

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 02-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #113
I love the Lord!

DaveXA Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveXA Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveXA Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveXA Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveXA Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveXA Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveXA Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveXA Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveXA Prestigious Platinum Club Member
DaveXA Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveXA Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveXA Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveXA Prestigious Platinum Club MemberDaveXA Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemms View Post
It really doesn't matter, nobody would trade for Will Smith.
Pretty much. I don't see him going anywhere. Restructure is best for both sides and I'd be surprised if it didn't happen. I think he's got something left in the tank, and with reduced snaps and a good rotation, we should see improved results from him. I'd be glad if he can stay on and mentor the younger guys similar to what Vilma could do at the linebacker position, and what I'd love to see Reed do at safety.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Jesus is Awesome! Geaux Saints! Geaux Cajuns!
DaveXA is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #114
Pro-Bowler

cygnus_ltb has disabled reputation
They should just do whatever results in the best cap friendly situation presently and in the future. He's probably good enough as a backup if cap price is right. He's also not good enough to keep, any longer, if its detrimental to the cap situation. I'm certain Smith knows this and his outlook depends on his level of desire to stay with the team. Same is probably true for Vilma and Harper. If the FO does otherwise, I'd be disappointed.
cygnus_ltb is offline Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #115
Every team's Elixor

BoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club Member
BoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club MemberBoNcHiE Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCUDan View Post
He's not hurting the team. He's not. "He hurt us on the field last year." Really? Then why was he kept on the field? "Because the coaches are stupid." OK, fine, I can't argue with you anymore.
Don't really get the logic. Obviously, entrenched starters are often kept on the field over younger players to the detriment of the team in this league. It's not at all uncommon. We've even seen it on our team before.

Why was he kept on the field over other players? I don't know but it's more then possible that the decision to do so was actually wrong.

We'd all be naive to ignore that FO loyalty and veteran status on a team does play a part in someone's role on a team. Sometimes in a negative way.
BoNcHiE is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #116
<><><><><><><><><><><>

Saintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club Member
Saintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club MemberSaintaholic Prestigious Platinum Club Member
If we're going to carry a cap charge for Smith, I'd rather do so with him on the team than with him off the team. He's still good depth. I think this 3-4 defense may suit him better at this stage of his career.
Saintaholic is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.