New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 01-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
Veteran Starter

RockintheShockin is a BEAST!RockintheShockin is a BEAST!RockintheShockin is a BEAST!RockintheShockin is a BEAST!RockintheShockin is a BEAST!RockintheShockin is a BEAST!RockintheShockin is a BEAST!RockintheShockin is a BEAST!RockintheShockin is a BEAST!RockintheShockin is a BEAST!RockintheShockin is a BEAST!RockintheShockin is a BEAST!
Peter King Article

For those that were posting the Twitter thing with Peter King asking for who should be MVP here's the article today about it. I dont know if this has been posted already, if so then sorry. Heres some excerpts.
Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees make NFL MVP race interesting - Peter King - SI.com

Quote:
Sometime after 5 this morning, I finalized my call. I decided not to split the vote, because I thought it would be a cop out. I felt I had to make a decision. And I picked Rodgers. Four reasons:

Quote:
One of the things that bothers me about not voting for Brees is that I think, overall, he's been the best quarterback in football over the last six years, with a phenomenal record of achievement. And he hasn't won an MVP. I sincerely hope he does before he retires, and if he wins it this year, I won't be bothered at all, because Brees has been a great difference-maker this year. I just think Rodgers has been a little better for the full season.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
All-Pro

Kingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Kingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of FamerKingpin123 is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Someone on here last night said he was just perving for retweets. This proves it. His whole argument is a red herring.
Brees 1:10 : And he said to them "Follow me, and I will lead you to the championship," and then he rained down touchdown passes from the sky as he parted cornerbacks from receivers leading them through Miami and he gave them the grail called the Lombardi.
Kingpin123 is offline Reply With Quote

8 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
Super Forum Fanatic

Firecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Firecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
This is why the media needs to be stripped from mvp voting and it should go strictly to NFL peers/coaches.
Firecross is offline Reply With Quote

9 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
Hall-of-Famer

DesertKajun is marching in
DesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching inDesertKajun is marching in
I agree only peers for MVP IMO. Takes away the homerisms......
DesertKajun is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
Subscribing Member

daninmn is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
daninmn is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdaninmn is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdaninmn is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdaninmn is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdaninmn is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdaninmn is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdaninmn is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdaninmn is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdaninmn is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdaninmn is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdaninmn is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdaninmn is a future SR.com Hall of Famerdaninmn is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
If I posted what I think about Peter King in this thread it would be moved directly to the locker room, or worse.
daninmn is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

vandelay is a jewel in the rough
vandelay is a jewel in the roughvandelay is a jewel in the roughvandelay is a jewel in the roughvandelay is a jewel in the roughvandelay is a jewel in the roughvandelay is a jewel in the rough
in MMQB he said he elevated Cruz to All Pro because of the past few weeks, but Rodgers gets the MVP because of the entire body of work. i honestly think it is like the Grantland article stated, for some people it will come down to that game in September. it seems to be that way for guys like King.
vandelay is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
Hollygrove For Life!

Saint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger Club
Saint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger ClubSaint Droopy 40K Burger Club
Brees outplayed Rodgers in that September game... sstatistically anyway.
Saint Droopy is online now Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #8
Pro-Bowler

rootbeersoup has disabled reputation
I'm fine with Super Bowl MVP
rootbeersoup is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
Super Forum Fanatic

Firecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Firecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
His article is BS, Rodgers played lights out the first half of the season but Brees has played better the second half of the season plus broke numerous records while having the 6th ranked rushing offense. You can't sit there and tell me he's being judged for the "full body of work over a 16 game season" If anything the award should be split since Rodgers did play a better first half of the season but Brees played better down the stretch. If it goes to Rodgers then its because of what he did in the first 7 or 8 games rather than the 15 he played in. As for the whole head to head win in week 1, Brees doesn't have any control over colstons fumble or the Cobb return for a TD which was the differences in the game imo.
Firecross is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
Pro-Bowler

Soybomb is a BEAST!Soybomb is a BEAST!Soybomb is a BEAST!Soybomb is a BEAST!Soybomb is a BEAST!Soybomb is a BEAST!Soybomb is a BEAST!Soybomb is a BEAST!Soybomb is a BEAST!Soybomb is a BEAST!Soybomb is a BEAST!Soybomb is a BEAST!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeersoup View Post
I'm fine with Super Bowl MVP
I see alot of people posting this, and that is fine...for you, but this is about Drew. Why should Drew not have this honor just because of media prejudice against whatever, especially when he has rightfully earned it ?
Soybomb is offline Reply With Quote

4 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #11
Pro-Bowler

rootbeersoup has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soybomb View Post
I see alot of people posting this, and that is fine...for you, but this is about Drew. Why should Drew not have this honor just because of media prejudice against whatever, especially when he has rightfully earned it ?
Brees is one of the most selfless athletes in history. Do you really think he gets worked up over something like this? I'd like to think he cares more about the rings than the opinions of a bunch of sports writers. These awards mean more to fans than they do to players.
rootbeersoup is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #12
SR is my life!

Joseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Joseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of FamerJoseph Guidry is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
He's almost apologizing for voting for Rodgers. What a weak argument.
Joseph Guidry is offline Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #13
Team Gleason!

rubberneck has a spectacular aura aboutrubberneck has a spectacular aura aboutrubberneck has a spectacular aura aboutrubberneck has a spectacular aura aboutrubberneck has a spectacular aura aboutrubberneck has a spectacular aura aboutrubberneck has a spectacular aura aboutrubberneck has a spectacular aura aboutrubberneck has a spectacular aura aboutrubberneck has a spectacular aura aboutrubberneck has a spectacular aura aboutrubberneck has a spectacular aura aboutrubberneck has a spectacular aura aboutrubberneck has a spectacular aura aboutrubberneck has a spectacular aura about
Old 24 is at it again...

Old 01-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #14
Very Banned

Sarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger Club
Sarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger ClubSarcastic 50K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKajun View Post
I agree only peers for MVP IMO. Takes away the homerisms......
Sarcastic is offline Reply With Quote