Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

View Poll Results: Pick Em: Patriots or Carolina
Pats 135 81.82%
Carolina 30 18.18%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
Medsamust Saint Fan

Swimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Swimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSwimmer is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Pick Em: Patriots or Carolina

I know who we all want to win, but I'd really be curious to see who you think will really win this game.
Swimmer is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
Pro-Bowler

Pop Rouge has disabled reputation
In my pickem contest I'm taking Carolina. They're at home but I think it'll be close. I'll go with 23-20.
Pop Rouge is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
Very Banned

wizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to behold
wizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to beholdwizard1183 is a splendid one to behold
Carolina wins this. Panthers at home and they're on fire as we are. Pats are 10-5 ATS on Away games on Monday nights. But that won't do much this Monday night. They're also a dog. As a dog they're 1-1.
wizard1183 is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
LURKER

DABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of light
DABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of light
Patriots
DABOOT162 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
Hot Sauce Addict.

Gumerk is a splendid one to beholdGumerk is a splendid one to beholdGumerk is a splendid one to behold
Gumerk is a splendid one to beholdGumerk is a splendid one to beholdGumerk is a splendid one to beholdGumerk is a splendid one to beholdGumerk is a splendid one to beholdGumerk is a splendid one to beholdGumerk is a splendid one to beholdGumerk is a splendid one to beholdGumerk is a splendid one to beholdGumerk is a splendid one to beholdGumerk is a splendid one to beholdGumerk is a splendid one to behold
Carolina.../puke

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #6
LURKER

DABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of light
DABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of lightDABOOT162 is a glorious beacon of light
Patriots... I just think Better coaching better quarterback... Although Panties defense is like a brass chastity belt..
DABOOT162 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #7
Payton+Ryan+Brees=SB

SaintSproles 60K Burger Club
SaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger ClubSaintSproles 60K Burger Club

Awards Showcase
Survivor Bowl Champion 
Total Awards: 1

I would have picked Carolina had they lost yesterday.

Coming off a huge emotional win, they will lose vs Tom Brady with an offense that is getting close to 100 %.

Patriots are in a similar position to the Saints, knowing home field advantage gives them such a decided edge and a great chance at reaching the Super Bowl. They feel they need to win out.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #8
The HD Candy Man!

james_k_p is a true Saintjames_k_p is a true Saintjames_k_p is a true Saintjames_k_p is a true Saint
james_k_p is a true Saintjames_k_p is a true Saintjames_k_p is a true Saintjames_k_p is a true Saintjames_k_p is a true Saintjames_k_p is a true Saintjames_k_p is a true Saintjames_k_p is a true Saintjames_k_p is a true Saint

Awards Showcase
Audio/Video/News Contributions Award 
Total Awards: 1

Yeah, I believe the Pats will pull it out. Carolina is due a loss, although it is at home, the Pats will come out on top somehow, someway.
james_k_p is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #9
Super Forum Fanatic

fdl16 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
fdl16 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is an Sr.com Hall of Famerfdl16 is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Aren't the Pats coming off a bye? Panthers just played a physical game against the Niners. I think the Pats will win this one, but it'll be a close game.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #10
Saints' fan 4ever

ndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saint
ndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saintndcc is a true Saint
I believe the Patriots will beat the Panthers on MNF; here's why...

Up here in Panthers' country (N. Carolina), the excitement is in the air. All of the dingy, musty, mildew covered Carolina fan gear has been cleaned off and is popping up everywhere. WhoDats up here can vouch for what I'm saying.

But I believe the Panthers will fall short vs. New England for the following reasons:

* Carolina is starting to believe the media that they are "all that and a bag of chips." Mix in the fact that you have big egos like Steve Smith and Cam Newton, and you have a recipe for cockiness and overconfidence at their training facility. Not good when you're going to face a veteran team, All Pro QB, and a shrewd head coach like Belichick.

* Carolina's defense swarms the ball. Belichick wil use that against them with pulling guards, misdirection, and trap blocks to somewhat neutralize the Panthers' defense and keep them honest with play action.

* Brady, as we all know, will pick his spots. When he's on his game, he's like Peyton Manning: He takes what the defense gives him. Dink & dunk will be the strategy, and the Patriots will remain patient. When the defense cheats up with the safeties, or isolates on one of the wideouts, Brady can hit the open man from any point on the field.

* The run option will work for a while with the Panthers, but Patriots are good at gap discipline. Also, Belichick will have a variable spy: Meaning, he will rotate the defender who will keep Newton in check on run options or when the pocket breaks down. This will make it difficult for Cam to figure out when he can take off.

* Something I'm surprised that many are NOT talking about: The Patriots are coming off a bye week. Need I say how much that plays into the Patriots' (and Belichick's) hands? Their game plan will use all the intangibles against Carolina.

I have to admit: Some of what I've posted is wishful, homerism thinking. Without a doubt, I am always hoping for the best for the Saints. So I won't argue if some of you accuse me of having a slant against the Panthers.

Even so, I look for the Panthers to come out with a lot of emotion, and possibly take an early lead. But the Patriots will stick with their game plan, and methodically come back, take the lead, and win in convincing fashion. The Panthers' defense is good... very good (in fact, the best in the NFL, statistically). But to me, their lack of experience as a unit at coming up big on the big stage (i.e.: MNF) will be their undoing.

If it was any AFC team other than the Patriots, I'd say lay the points and take Carolina. But in this case, I say: Go with Brady & Belichick.

JMHO

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #11
Hall-of-Famer

los226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to behold
los226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to behold
Pats got this game!
los226 is online now Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #12
All-Pro

TurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to behold
TurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to beholdTurboWhoDat is a splendid one to behold
belichik will make them win without steve smith. thats really the only edge NE will have, besides a QB who can put it on the numbers. i hope the patriots get the win. and i feel dirty for saying that.
TurboWhoDat is offline Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #13
Hall-of-Famer

Vacherie Saint has disabled reputation
Pats are playing well right now and this Run Carolina is on cant go on forever.

I like the Pats.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #14
Hall-of-Famer

los226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to behold
los226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to beholdlos226 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard1183 View Post
Carolina wins this. Panthers at home and they're on fire as we are. Pats are 10-5 ATS on Away games on Monday nights. But that won't do much this Monday night. They're also a dog. As a dog they're 1-1.
You're gonna lose if you put money down on the Panthers. Belichick and Brady will get it done coming off a bye week.
los226 is online now Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.