New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 03-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
Very Banned

DownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to behold
DownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to behold
Saints have a 5 year offer of $18M per year on the table for Drew.. PER ESPN

The average of both Manning and Brady's deals...

Brees and Condon want the same in the first 3 years as Manning got...

Situation continues to be a giant steaming turd.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to re-fi my mortgage to save a few hundo a month.
DownWithDisease is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
Jimmy Graham as freshman

reerunn is a splendid one to beholdreerunn is a splendid one to beholdreerunn is a splendid one to behold
reerunn is a splendid one to beholdreerunn is a splendid one to beholdreerunn is a splendid one to beholdreerunn is a splendid one to beholdreerunn is a splendid one to beholdreerunn is a splendid one to behold
Per ESPN = Per Condon
reerunn is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Pro-Bowler

rootbeersoup has disabled reputation
I'll take it if he doesn't.
rootbeersoup is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
ppfffffttttt
Candy Tetris Champion Mahjong Champion Bounce Back Champion

efil4stnias has disabled reputation
it will be 19.5 mil w/ the first 3 years guaranteed.

oh and Manning AINT getting what he got...hes about to be cut. after 1st yr

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
The Alaskan WhoDat

jayhawk66 is a splendid one to beholdjayhawk66 is a splendid one to beholdjayhawk66 is a splendid one to behold
jayhawk66 is a splendid one to beholdjayhawk66 is a splendid one to beholdjayhawk66 is a splendid one to behold
For the love of all that's holy, SIGN THE DEAL!!!!!!
jayhawk66 is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
Camp Body

60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer60minutes is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
I think the Saints should increase the offer to $20 million a season, but NOT an average of $23 million over the first three seasons. Brees would average more than Brady and Peyton under such a deal. The $23 million is ridiculous, however, especially when we take into account just how much one injury can take a player away for an entire season. See Manning.

And the interesting thing is this--Manning's deal averages $23 million in the first three years but not for long. If rumors are correct, Manning will be cut.
60minutes is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #7
Super Forum Fanatic

Firecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of FamerFirecross is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Firecross is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Why does the scene in empire strikes back play in my head when Vader and Lando chat "I AM ALTERING THE DEAL, PRAY I ALTER IT NO FURTHER."
Firecross is offline Reply With Quote

9 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #8
Very Banned

DownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to behold
DownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to beholdDownWithDisease is a splendid one to behold
Drew has said he would not let his new deal destroy our cap and prevent us from retaining our key guys, he said he would sign a deal before FA... basically he's been saying all of the right things.

Yet, the situation lingers... and is getting worse with each passing hour.

If 18 million FREAKIN DOLLARS isn't enough for Drew, then I really think I was wrong about him... and I think all the talk about him wanting to keep the team together is total B.S.

Drew's no different than any of these other selfish athletes!

24 out of 30 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
Boom Shakalaka

O Zone 712 is a jewel in the rough
O Zone 712 is a jewel in the roughO Zone 712 is a jewel in the roughO Zone 712 is a jewel in the roughO Zone 712 is a jewel in the roughO Zone 712 is a jewel in the roughO Zone 712 is a jewel in the rough
Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints divided by money in first three years, sources say - ESPN

Brees wants mannings contract, the Saints want to give him Bradys
O Zone 712 is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #10
Very Banned

Do you hear that sound?

That's the sound of Carl Nicks and Marques Colston leaving New Orleans... and that "slam" was our window for another championship closing.

SMH!

4 out of 16 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
Pro-Bowler

djf7288 is a BEAST!djf7288 is a BEAST!djf7288 is a BEAST!djf7288 is a BEAST!djf7288 is a BEAST!djf7288 is a BEAST!djf7288 is a BEAST!djf7288 is a BEAST!djf7288 is a BEAST!djf7288 is a BEAST!djf7288 is a BEAST!
Give Brees 18 mil a yr and change the name of the city to Breesville and maybe give him the superdome. Why dont we just give him the entire state of Drewisiana. Greed is an ugly monster
djf7288 is offline Reply With Quote

7 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #12
Pro-Bowler

rootbeersoup has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownWithDisease View Post
Drew has said he would not let his new deal destroy our cap and prevent us from retaining our key guys, he said he would sign a deal before FA... basically he's been saying all of the right things.

Yet, the situation lingers... and is getting worse with each passing hour.

If 18 million FREAKIN DOLLARS isn't enough for Drew, then I really think I was wrong about him... and I think all the talk about him wanting to keep the team together is total B.S.

Drew's no different than any of these other selfish athletes!
Starting to agree, $18 million is enough and, most importantly, FAIR
rootbeersoup is offline Reply With Quote

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #13
Super Forum Fanatic

Brown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Brown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of FamerBrown is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
We would have zero left for free agents and likely lose nicks and colston

www.christmasjars.com
Brown is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #14
All-Pro

WCoastSaintsFan has disabled reputation
How that isn't a good deal is beyond me. I'd rather just franchise him for the next 3 years.
WCoastSaintsFan is offline Reply With Quote

5 out of 6 members found this post helpful.