New Page 1
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Google Ads
Sponsored Ads

Old 03-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #1
Veteran

McBushister will become famous soon enoughMcBushister will become famous soon enoughMcBushister will become famous soon enoughMcBushister will become famous soon enoughMcBushister will become famous soon enoughMcBushister will become famous soon enoughMcBushister will become famous soon enoughMcBushister will become famous soon enoughMcBushister will become famous soon enough
Saints have interest in WR Sidney Rice (MERGED)

@RapSheet: #Jets are still looking to add a WR, and source says they are interested in Sidney Rice. #Saints are too, & #Seahawks would welcome a return
McBushister is online now Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
Who Dat?

rlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura about
Would be a great addition if he can stay healthy. I'm all for it.

rlemieux is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #3
SR is my life!

El Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger Club
El Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger ClubEl Caliente 40K Burger Club
What does he have left in the tank? Isn't he old, and slower than his Viking days? I imagine that Brees can get a few years out of him, but what would be the net gain here>?

Edit: NVM, just noticed that he is only 28. I thought that he was on the wrong side of 30. I guess it seems like he has been in the league for longer than he actually has.

1 out of 13 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

PraisetheSaints is a BEAST!PraisetheSaints is a BEAST!PraisetheSaints is a BEAST!PraisetheSaints is a BEAST!PraisetheSaints is a BEAST!PraisetheSaints is a BEAST!PraisetheSaints is a BEAST!PraisetheSaints is a BEAST!PraisetheSaints is a BEAST!PraisetheSaints is a BEAST!PraisetheSaints is a BEAST!PraisetheSaints is a BEAST!
Has Rice improved since he left MN? If he hasn't made significant improvements, I wouldn't be excited about this possibility.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #5
Bleeder of Black and Gold

Optimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Optimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of FamerOptimistic Ozzy is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Wasn't he the one who got tagged at the goal line against the Bears last year or year before?

Old 03-17-2014, 11:10 AM   #6
Hall-of-Famer

Pdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Pdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Rather they have interest in Britt but maybe the character concerns are scaring them away

Pdlc is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2014, 11:10 AM   #7
Who Dat?

rlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura aboutrlemieux has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Caliente View Post
What does he have left in the tank? Isn't he old, and slower than his Viking days? I imagine that Brees can suck a few years out of him, but what would be the net gain here>?

Edit: NVM, just noticed that he is only 28. I thought that he was on the wrong side of 30. I guess it seems like he has been in the league for longer than he actually has.
Injuries have slowed him. He's only 27

rlemieux is offline Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #8
Rookie

IowaSaint88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimistic Ozzy View Post
Wasn't he the one who got tagged at the goal line against the Bears last year or year before?
i think you are think of the bears receiver and it about broke his back too. I cant think of the bears receiver, played at vandy with cutler I think.. I would take Rice on a vet min package..Would be an interesting deal. Could affect Colston this year too..
IowaSaint88 is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:17 AM   #9
Hall-of-Famer

saint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
saint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSaint88 View Post
i think you are think of the bears receiver and it about broke his back too. I cant think of the bears receiver, played at vandy with cutler I think.. I would take Rice on a vet min package..Would be an interesting deal. Could affect Colston this year too..
Earl Bennett?
saint_drago is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:18 AM   #10
Hall-of-Famer

Pdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Pdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of FamerPdlc is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSaint88 View Post
earl bennett

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:18 AM   #11
Very Banned

BlackDynamite is a jewel in the rough
BlackDynamite is a jewel in the roughBlackDynamite is a jewel in the roughBlackDynamite is a jewel in the roughBlackDynamite is a jewel in the roughBlackDynamite is a jewel in the roughBlackDynamite is a jewel in the roughBlackDynamite is a jewel in the roughBlackDynamite is a jewel in the rough
Saints show interest in Sydney Rice, WR

@LarryHolder: MT @RapSheet: #Jets looking to add WR. Source says they are interested in Sidney Rice. #Saints are too, & #Seahawks would welcome a return

If he's all the way healthy, I'd be cool with this.
BlackDynamite is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #12
Hall-of-Famer

hard to miss this

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/sa...y-rice-321926/

2 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #13
Hall-of-Famer

saint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
saint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famersaint_drago is a future SR.com Hall of Famer
Rice has been banged up for years but he still managed to get over 15 yards per catch the past three seasons with the Seahawks. His career average is 14.8 yards per catch. If he comes in for really cheap I don't see what it could hurt.

I just look at our WR depth chart and at this point any WR would be a welcome addition.
saint_drago is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #14
Contributor

SAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
SAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
At a near minimum deal with incentives, he would be a decent addition. He already made a ton of money off of one stellar season.
SAINTSFAN is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.