Saintsreport.com Forums
home Steve Gleasons Website
Saints Report News Saints Super Forum Everything Else Board Political Discussion Board Fantasy Football Board Tech Board SaintsReport Affiliate Merchandise Gameday Board Behind the Levee New Orleans Hornets Board Twitter Outdoor Boards Video Games Board Smack Board Music Board College Sports Board SR Live Chat Room Contribute to our site costs Become a subscribing SR member

Go Back   New Orleans Saints - Saints Report - Message Boards > GENERAL > Saints Super Forum (Main Board)

Old 08-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #57
Hall of Fame Anomaly

kdwwms has a spectacular aura aboutkdwwms has a spectacular aura aboutkdwwms has a spectacular aura aboutkdwwms has a spectacular aura aboutkdwwms has a spectacular aura aboutkdwwms has a spectacular aura aboutkdwwms has a spectacular aura aboutkdwwms has a spectacular aura aboutkdwwms has a spectacular aura aboutkdwwms has a spectacular aura aboutkdwwms has a spectacular aura aboutkdwwms has a spectacular aura aboutkdwwms has a spectacular aura aboutkdwwms has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.B. View Post
they released chase thomas the great white hype? say it aint so

Deuce McAllister(26)
kdwwms is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #58
Super Moderator

AARPSaint 50K Burger ClubAARPSaint 50K Burger ClubAARPSaint 50K Burger ClubAARPSaint 50K Burger Club
AARPSaint 50K Burger ClubAARPSaint 50K Burger ClubAARPSaint 50K Burger ClubAARPSaint 50K Burger ClubAARPSaint 50K Burger ClubAARPSaint 50K Burger ClubAARPSaint 50K Burger ClubAARPSaint 50K Burger ClubAARPSaint 50K Burger ClubAARPSaint 50K Burger ClubAARPSaint 50K Burger ClubAARPSaint 50K Burger Club
There are still practices to be held, so some of these cuts are probably based on the necessity to retain a certain critical mass at each position. The Crayton/Breaston cuts don't surprise me in the least, given the play of Stills and Toon, as others have said.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #59
Coaches Box

BLACKSOJA is on a distinguished roadBLACKSOJA is on a distinguished roadBLACKSOJA is on a distinguished roadBLACKSOJA is on a distinguished roadBLACKSOJA is on a distinguished roadBLACKSOJA is on a distinguished road
Talking

i think they made these cuts this early to reduce their travel expenses to Houston on Saturday....

Old 08-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #60
Contributor

SAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
SAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of FamerSAINTSFAN is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by State Of Affairs View Post
They see these guys at practice everyday and break down practice film play by play....

Players don't make the team in practice but they do earn snaps and if he didnt get snaps its because he didnt earn them in practice, not because the coaches already made up there mind...
Is that not what I said?
SAINTSFAN is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #61
ALL-MADDEN TEAM

larryscope is a name known to alllarryscope is a name known to all
larryscope is a name known to alllarryscope is a name known to alllarryscope is a name known to alllarryscope is a name known to alllarryscope is a name known to alllarryscope is a name known to alllarryscope is a name known to alllarryscope is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.B. View Post
they released chase thomas the great white hype? say it aint so
Why do we have to have comments like this? I wouldn't know Chase Thomas if I passed him on the street nor do I care to hype him because he's white like me.
larryscope is online now Reply With Quote

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #62
Hall-of-Famer

joodas is a jewel in the rough
joodas is a jewel in the roughjoodas is a jewel in the rough
Not surprising, even the Chase cut. He always struck me as more of a "college player" as opposed to an NFL player. I think he's a STer and a back up on the pro level. Either way, there's always the practice squad.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #63
Super Forum Fanatic

livefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true Saint
livefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true SaintlivefromDC is a true Saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINTSFAN View Post
Not sure how Toone is hanging on. I am disappointed to see Thomas go. He really never got a chance on the field, but I guess the coaches had their minds made up from camp.
Don't know what you're implying, but if any team allows UDFAs an opportunity to make the team its the Saints. He didn't get a chance on the field because he didn't earn one in practice. Nothing more, nothing less. Saying "that the coaches had their minds made up" suggests that anything but Thomas' performance influenced his chances to make the team. This team has given us substantial evidence to prove that this is just not true.
livefromDC is offline Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #64
Cutting the lead blocker

TCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true Saint
TCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true SaintTCUDan is a true Saint

Awards Showcase
Professor Pigskin Award 
Total Awards: 1

It was obvious when he dropped in the draft. Chase Thomas is not a quick twitch athlete and lacks explosion. I was rooting for him but knew he was long-shot to catch on.

Doesn't mean it's over for him.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #65
I'm with you fellers.

SoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger Club
SoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger ClubSoggyBottomBoy 40K Burger Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by State Of Affairs View Post
This comment isn't to be condescending to those who supported Chase Thomas but I did find it funny that so many hated Scott Shanle, a smart, try hard guy who wasn't a great athlete but pulled so hard for Chase Thomas who was essentially a Scott Shanle clone...
Actually, I was hoping he'd be a Zach Thomas clone.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #66
All-Pro

Koketsu_Sama is marching in
Koketsu_Sama is marching inKoketsu_Sama is marching inKoketsu_Sama is marching inKoketsu_Sama is marching inKoketsu_Sama is marching inKoketsu_Sama is marching inKoketsu_Sama is marching inKoketsu_Sama is marching inKoketsu_Sama is marching inKoketsu_Sama is marching inKoketsu_Sama is marching inKoketsu_Sama is marching inKoketsu_Sama is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL_SOUL View Post
Q: Was Chase Thomas a little too hyped up on this board by some folks, just a tad?
my bad...
Koketsu_Sama is offline Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #67
The Greenbrier Cl***ic

Noggy is marching in
Noggy is marching inNoggy is marching inNoggy is marching inNoggy is marching inNoggy is marching inNoggy is marching inNoggy is marching inNoggy is marching inNoggy is marching inNoggy is marching inNoggy is marching in
Quote:
Originally Posted by st. dave View Post
Practice Squad can not be created until after the 53 man roster is set (August 31st at 6:00pm). On Sunday, September 1st, the Saints can start formulating their practice squad.

st. dave
Duh! Thats why you release someone you want to sneak onto the practice squad in the first round of cuts. No one is going to pick up Jared Fayson or Chase Thomas and put them on their roster right now, but they could pick them up off of waivers at the end of the year, because they have a PS spot for them. So we release them now, no one wants them on the active roster (people are making their own cuts right now anyway), and then they slip through the cracks.
Noggy is offline Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #68
Hall-of-Famer

the-commish is an Sr.com Hall of Famerthe-commish is an Sr.com Hall of Famerthe-commish is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
the-commish is an Sr.com Hall of Famerthe-commish is an Sr.com Hall of Famerthe-commish is an Sr.com Hall of Famerthe-commish is an Sr.com Hall of Famerthe-commish is an Sr.com Hall of Famerthe-commish is an Sr.com Hall of Famer
Quote:
Originally Posted by livefromDC View Post
Don't know what you're implying, but if any team allows UDFAs an opportunity to make the team its the Saints. He didn't get a chance on the field because he didn't earn one in practice. Nothing more, nothing less. Saying "that the coaches had their minds made up" suggests that anything but Thomas' performance influenced his chances to make the team. This team has given us substantial evidence to prove that this is just not true.
Pierre Thomas, Lance Moore, Chris Ivory, Travaris Cadet, Tyrunn Walker... there may be other recents ones that escape me right at the moment. All UDFAs that made the team. I will also say at least two UDFAs will make this season's 53.
the-commish is offline Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #69
Not as lean, not as mean

mean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura aboutmean machine has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
Duh! Thats why you release someone you want to sneak onto the practice squad in the first round of cuts. No one is going to pick up Jared Fayson or Chase Thomas and put them on their roster right now, but they could pick them up off of waivers at the end of the year, because they have a PS spot for them. So we release them now, no one wants them on the active roster (people are making their own cuts right now anyway), and then they slip through the cracks.
You are over thinking this. You are insinuating that the Saints are so sold on putting these guys on their PS that they don't even want to see how they perform in the last two preseason games. They are so sold on them that they don't want the rest of the league to notice that we cut them. By this logic, the easiest cuts will be the last few to get us to 53 because we will have already cut the guys that we really want to put on the PS.
mean machine is offline Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #70
Hall-of-Famer

Cougar 1 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLIASJWILLIAMS View Post
NFL is all about prospects

Agreed. Theres a crowd at OLB right now. Cuttin Chase simply means that there are prospects the Saints like more and want to give more opportunities to.
Cougar 1 is offline Reply With Quote